HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:56 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by modelflyerdave View Post
Thanks for your reply - You are obviuosly well into the electronics of these flight controllers then !, - As for me , well I`m just a good old electrics & programming sort of Guy ! - So even if I could make up a little external circuitry device, I would stillneed tot know where it would connect to on my Crius Se `std` board.

Anyway, I will keep the search going for a simple solution as dont like to be `beaten` by things, but of course, if there is no dedicated input point, where the direct voltage of ones flight battery, can be applied, for the measuring flight battery voltgages level - `then there aint` ! - & it could be simple as that perhaps?

However, I was begining to think the same about KK2 FCU, uintil some kind soul `out there` on the forums, put me right and now my KK2 reads my flight battery voltage to within tenths of a volt.

Anyway, once again, thanks for your input & replies.

DJ
So if you understand electronic (a voltage divider is mega basic), and the programming side too ... the multiwii board should make you happy

The input signal can h3 any analog input ... the cpu has 8 analogue input ... the hk board has A1, A2, A3 exposed ... and free if you use only a quadcopter .. or at lest 1 is free for a sixcopter ... additional pin are available A3 A6 A7 but require soldering a connector on the board ... A3 per HK picture is the designated battery monitor ... but it has no voltage dividers ... so it is as good as any othe A pin

Tchuss

E_lm_70

The skema for battery divider is very simple

+battery - resistance 100k - pin A - resistance 10k - ground (battery)

This divide voltage by 11

So .. you can make something in the cable between battery and A pin of the board ... maybe using a balance plug connector ... just 1 line to the board
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2012, 03:54 AM
Joined Mar 2012
8 Posts
"LCD with 3 wires" worked fine but not any longer ...

Hi guys,

I have everything up and running, uploading the arduino sketch and tuning with the MultiWii GUI.
Now, I received an LCD from DealExtreme, known as #define LCD_SERIAL3W // Alex' initial variant with 3 wires, using rx-pin for transmission @9600 baud fixed.

I took away the slashes in //#define LCD_CONF and in //#define LCD_SERIAL3W and works fine!
Well, better said, it worked fine...
Cause I hooked up the LCD and connected my computer to the board with the USB-cable at the same time and made some changes by the GUI.
Since then the LCD starts ok when powering up, I can read "Serial LCD v1.03". When I activate the LCD by my Tx, I only see 2 full lines with unreadable characters. When I go through the option with pitch up or down, I see some characters in the line changing.
It is of no use any longer.
I uploaded the "original" sketch to the board to have everything default again (LCD off) and after that I did it again (with LCD on) but without any success.
Anyone out there recognizes this? What do you suggest?
laasmooi is offline Find More Posts by laasmooi
Last edited by laasmooi; Oct 17, 2012 at 04:50 AM.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 05:53 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,485 Posts
Your lcd baud is corrupted. So you must repair lcd baud rate to 9600 again. This can bo done with ftdi or arduino.
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:07 AM
Joined Mar 2012
8 Posts
Thanks er9xuser.
I looked in the Tab LCD and changed
#if defined(LCD_SERIAL3W)
SerialOpen(0,115200);
to
#if defined(LCD_SERIAL3W)
SerialOpen(0,9600);
but no success.
So I reversed the value to 115200.

In the Tab Config.h I changed
/* This is the speed of the serial interface */
#define SERIAL_COM_SPEED 115200
to
/* This is the speed of the serial interface */
#define SERIAL_COM_SPEED 9600
but no success.
So I also reversed this value to 115200.

I don't see any other option.
Maybe you can put me on the right track?
laasmooi is offline Find More Posts by laasmooi
Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:05 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,485 Posts
del
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Last edited by er9xuser; Oct 18, 2012 at 02:06 AM. Reason: ...
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:11 PM
I Toast Planes
Joined Jul 2010
946 Posts
I just got my V2 in and now I am wondering what the heck do I do with it. I usually use KK boards but sprung for this for hope of better stability. What do I do first to start to set it up?
bakon is offline Find More Posts by bakon
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:26 PM
Agressive driver
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Jun 2011
1,201 Posts
Start by connecting it
Diagram: http://radio-commande.com/wp-content...0/06/quadX.jpg
Each set of pins contains positive, negative and an arduino pin. They are labeled d[pin#] or a[pin#]. in the diagram linked, the pins with just numbers are digital, and the ones with a are analog. throttle is enabled/disabled with yaw
zanek is offline Find More Posts by zanek
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:47 PM
Canada, MB
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanek View Post
Start by connecting it
Diagram: http://radio-commande.com/wp-content...0/06/quadX.jpg
Each set of pins contains positive, negative and an arduino pin. They are labeled d[pin#] or a[pin#]. in the diagram linked, the pins with just numbers are digital, and the ones with a are analog. throttle is enabled/disabled with yaw
That diagram doesn't appear to be the HK se v2 does it?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_w_FTDI.html
Flying By is offline Find More Posts by Flying By
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:52 PM
Canada, MB
Joined Feb 2012
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakon View Post
I just got my V2 in and now I am wondering what the heck do I do with it. I usually use KK boards but sprung for this for hope of better stability. What do I do first to start to set it up?
Check out this thread. HK SE V2 is the same as the Crius SE V1.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1551599

Also see http://www.multiwii.com/.
Flying By is offline Find More Posts by Flying By
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:30 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying By View Post

HK SE V2 is similar to Crius SE V1 .. but not the same.

You need to use a different definition file in the code, like I did post in the past.

Main difference is that HK V2 has a single chip doing Gyro and Accelerometr ... SE V1, has 2 independent chips for it.

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: For start up ... download from Multiwii the code, and the gui ... then use the GUI for check the current set up ... and as well you can use for ocnfigure ... if you need more ... you need to download Arduino 1.0 ... and make a new code, after update the configuration file ...
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:37 AM
I Toast Planes
Joined Jul 2010
946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying By View Post

Thanks that's all I needed to find to get going
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:07 PM
I Toast Planes
Joined Jul 2010
946 Posts
So I have flashed the board with the proper program but I cannot get the Configure Window to read the gyro values, I also does not respond to my TX inputs. Any suggestions?
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:54 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,690 Posts
Quote:
So I have flashed the board with the proper program but I cannot get the Configure Window to read the gyro values, I also does not respond to my TX inputs. Any suggestions?
I guess you did not properly set the config.h file before compile and upload the firmware
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:55 PM
I Toast Planes
Joined Jul 2010
946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
I guess you did not properly set the config.h file before compile and upload the firmware
Got it all figured out. took me a few hours but I got it. When I arm the motors are they supposed to automatically start spinning? Is there any way to not have this happen?
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:57 PM
Agressive driver
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Jun 2011
1,201 Posts
Quote:
Got it all figured out. took me a few hours but I got it. When I arm the motors are they supposed to automatically start spinning? Is there any way to not have this happen?
They are supposed to, because if you do hard manuevers and the control board lowers the throttle on one side to idle, and the motors stop spinning you will crash. That is why idle with the throttle armed spins the motors slowly. But it can be disabled. Lower the value for Minthrottle in the config.h
zanek is offline Find More Posts by zanek