HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:08 PM
Joined Feb 2010
16 Posts
As many bad things I've heard...

...about BH, I've bought a handful of planes from them and had now issues with them. A couple of planes were on the lesser quality side, but for what I payed for them, I expected that before they came. Got the FreeWing Ultimate BiPlane yesterday. Came a day early and was packaged well. No broken or missing parts, and the quality seems to be very nice. Can't wait to get it together and maiden it.

All in all, I've heard more good comments then bad about BH, and will gladly buy from them again.

Pete may be a goofy little dude, but he can fly the crap out of a plane...
Cadsbury is offline Find More Posts by Cadsbury
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:33 PM
Tail Spin Tim
Tucson, AZ
Joined Apr 2009
15 Posts
RTF's from Banana Hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by helifreak1 View Post
This post is about the products from Bananahobby.com.
I'am NOT looking for replys , just want to get the warning out there.

The aircrafts that they sell that are "RTF,ARF" do not work the way that they are suppose to.There are A.L.O.T!! of ppl out there that know this but I'm putting out the warning.
Here is what happened to me.
I bought a f-14 tomcat from them that was a "RTF" but switched the receiver so i can use my DX6i.I took off as normal, but the minute that i was in the air i was fighting with power.My TX and batt were fully charged.It was about 100 feet in the air(about tree top hight) and you can see it trying to go higher and just could not do it, and i had my DX6i at 100% throttle, And it could not climb more that i wanted.I lost the plane that night.The next day I went looking for it and found it.Brought it home and looked at the electronics to see what it had.I noticed that it had 2 2100kv outrunner ducted motors with 2 20AMP ESC's.We all know that for that kind of kv motors, you need at least double that ESC power.

If you all can be so kind and tell your friends and other ppl to NOT buy anything from Banana hobby/ blitzrcworks, it will be like throwing your money away
I have a full array of Banana Hobby products and had some issues in the past. They have come a long way in the last 6 years that I have been dealing with them. I've been flying a long time, some 40 years and know a lot about gas and nitro types but not so much electric. I have been flying electric's with not much knowledge on how these work. So I have educated myself and read all I can. I saw one of the BH A10's crash and it was due to a locked up original servo. So I installed Hi-Tec HS-81 servos on the ailerons and elevators on mine. It flies as smooth as silk on the factory installed fans, motors and 60amp esc's. The motors are 2100kv, each run by an esc. 2 years later and it is still flying. Just finished the Banana Hobby super B25 twin electric and it is a super flying plane right out of the box using a DX8. 5 flights to date. I will be at the Electric Festival here in Phoenix, AZ to show these planes off this coming weekend 01/26&27/2013 in Apache Junction. Of the ARF electric planes I have purchased from Banana Hobby none of them had less than a 50amp esc.
Tcoltpilot56 is offline Find More Posts by Tcoltpilot56
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:56 PM
AMA 994002
United States, RI, Westerly
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
I had pretty good luck with them buying parts and pieces, but I order a helicopter, and they have dropped the ball on so many levels, I suppose some of the fault could be laid at my feet for back ordering, but for the last 2 months I've been getting "strung along" as to when it'll be there to ship to me. WAS supposed to be a Christmas Present, but I guess I should have come here first, and read all the complaints, then again, I never had any trouble buying parts from them. They're sitting on a frikkin' gold mine, and it seems like they just don't care...
matiac is offline Find More Posts by matiac
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stability issue
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:25 AM
United States, MO, St Charles
Joined Jan 2013
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matiac View Post
They're sitting on a frikkin' gold mine, and it seems like they just don't care...
This....

Having planes looking like that, and they let customer service fall to poo is just incredible to me.

Sad thing is, when someone DOES step up (another company) and sell these, BH will feel it immediately and try to change their tune.
By then, it will be to late.
lardo5150 is offline Find More Posts by lardo5150
Old Mar 09, 2013, 02:49 AM
Joined Apr 2011
2 Posts
I have several Banana Hobby planes and only one of the planes gave me problems. I never contacted them about this because I am not sure if it was my fault. I am an experienced RC pilot and have built several planes from scratch and kit I personally like BH. People need to remember that alot if the kits they sell are beginner level so they are not going to be top show quality planes with carbon fiber everything and Futaba Electronics. That being said they also have some very nice models that fly quite well. Keep your head up BH.
SHLEP is offline Find More Posts by SHLEP
Old Mar 09, 2013, 05:59 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,169 Posts
"Re-maiden" of the BH A10
My friend's A10, my camera.
First flight din't go too well.
So I recommended him to get the gyro, and here it is...
with http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCUCV&P=FR

A10 RC (2 min 19 sec)
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build