SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 19, 2001, 10:36 AM
Certified Slopehead
San Diego, CA.
Joined Jan 2001
2,268 Posts
CG on a scrath built wing

I took a pair of thin Zagi wings (courtesy of Oranator) and glued them to a scratch built, blue foam fuselage. It looks and feels like it should fly on the slope, but where should the CG be? The servos are standard and mounted in the winglike a Zagi, and the Rx and battery are in the fuselage. Would the CG be pretty much the same as a Zagi? The root chord of the wing is 11", and the fuselage I made is 15", with the nose sticking out and the tail almost flush witn the wing. It kind of looks like a JW from Bowman's Hobbies http://www.bowmanshobbies.com , except the wing is straight from a Zagi. Thanks in advance.
tenover is offline Find More Posts by tenover
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2001, 01:39 AM
San Diego
Joined Sep 2001
413 Posts
Hey Flip Lets split the cost of a cg finder you ten me ten, and also Kenny has two Foamies still in the box he said he'd give me....
So We need two find a way to support this hobby and find a better way to recycle receivers, servos, and what not.
Anyway back to the original post twwwenty bucks split for a cg stand.................

Late................
Lil' Johnny is offline Find More Posts by Lil' Johnny
Old Oct 20, 2001, 09:50 AM
Certified Slopehead
San Diego, CA.
Joined Jan 2001
2,268 Posts
Cg stands are for sissys.....I prefer the "throw your plane until it doesn't nose dive or flip" method. That's how they used to do it when men were men and surfboards were made out of wood.....CG stand.....geeeeeez
tenover is offline Find More Posts by tenover
Old Oct 20, 2001, 06:48 PM
Rehab is for quitters
West Middlesex, PA, US
Joined Jun 2001
4,853 Posts
Went to Bowman hobbies site and took a look at the JW...
The aircraft is $79 which according to their site includes 2 servos
and a hitec 555 rx. Hmmmm....normal price for the 555 rx is around 55 to 65 and the servos are around 17 apiece. If ya do the math, regular st. price just for the rx and servos = 89 to 99
bux. This wouldn't be a bad deal at all....just find a way to mount
a brushless or mag mayhem on it and I think ya got something that would tear up the sky!

Dave...
LuckyArmpit is offline Find More Posts by LuckyArmpit