Belle Chasse Southern, Louisiana, United States
Joined Apr 2002
877 Posts
Discussion
Quick flashing blue KK board question.

Hey Guys,

Hope all is well and still flying high.

Got a quick question for ya.

When flashing the blue KK FC, do all the esc wires, power wires and receiver connections need to be disconnected to flash a new firmware or can it be flashed with all still connected and just no power on anything?

Going to try the new 1.6 firmware on my blueboard Y4 and have never flashed it before.

Does the KKmulticopter flash tool work good or should I use something else to flash with.

Thanks,
Randy
Flyingfool is offline Find More Posts by Flyingfool
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2011, 04:35 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined May 2010
150 Posts
U can leave it all plugged up. But you shouldnt use ur normal battery as power..i have had issues that way.

What i do...take the heli and unplug battery. Hook up the isp connector. Then plug a 5v battery into an empty motor slot to give the board power. The escs will beep since they are getting 5v power but no main battery power. Now u can program the chip.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
danielnc06 is online now Find More Posts by danielnc06
Old Apr 13, 2011, 07:01 PM
Belle Chasse Southern, Louisiana, United States
Joined Apr 2002
877 Posts
I actually flashed it last night but I unplugged all wiring first just in case because I hadn't got an answer to this question last night.

I didn't use any 5 volt to the board as the programmer must supply it with voltage from usb as it took the flash.

Was that the wrong way to do it? Should I have plugged in a 5 volt supply to the board also?

Randy
Flyingfool is offline Find More Posts by Flyingfool