New Products Flash Sale
Old May 01, 2015, 03:27 PM
Find More Posts by 0crap
The Netherlands
Joined Sep 2014
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbit View Post
Guys can i charge 6s with 13Volts 50 amps power source, with 308Duo? All other chargers i have charge perfectly 6s 4400mAh even from 11volts power source.
Is 308duo sensitive to low volts in vs high volts out?
Should be no problem.
0crap is offline Find More Posts by 0crap
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2015, 04:28 PM
Find More Posts by TeroS
Another Geeky Helinut
Finland, Pirkanmaa, TRE
Joined Feb 2014
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0crap View Post
Thx TeroS.

It's just when I looked at the nice graphs, where is the IR value?

Too bad it's not recorded to SD.

It's available only on the screen, if you wan't it outside charger you need to get it via usb or serial and use modbus.
TeroS is online now Find More Posts by TeroS
Old May 01, 2015, 07:23 PM
Find More Posts by freechip
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
25,950 Posts
iCharger 308 Duo & Auto-Save

I've read the manual but to be honest read it quickly looking how to remove the Auto-Save function but can't find any info on it.

In the memory option Auto-save is grey'd out and not sure why... I have the latest 2.17v installed....

any info would be appreciated, thanks in advance..
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old May 01, 2015, 08:17 PM
Find More Posts by czorzella
United States, FL, Kissimmee
Joined Jan 2012
1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
I've read the manual but to be honest read it quickly looking how to remove the Auto-Save function but can't find any info on it.

In the memory option Auto-save is grey'd out and not sure why... I have the latest 2.17v installed....

any info would be appreciated, thanks in advance..

FC, make sure that you're trying to configure a customized program, not a built-in program.

As per the manual: "The common parameters of built-in program will be saved by default automatically to the running program, while the program customized by the users can be set to be saved or not in MEMORY SETUP→MEMORY OPTION→Auto save before the program runs."
czorzella is online now Find More Posts by czorzella
Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM
Find More Posts by rnettles
Citizen 46
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Jan 2012
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeroS View Post
Got pics?
Hi TeroS,

I did something similar to prototype my charger case ideas. My ultimate plan is to fab a small interface PCB which will use the right angle card edge connectors and 100mil header for the control signals. Here are a couple of pictures of my quick and dirty connectors.

rnettles is online now Find More Posts by rnettles
Old Today, 01:30 AM
Find More Posts by TeroS
Another Geeky Helinut
Finland, Pirkanmaa, TRE
Joined Feb 2014
193 Posts
Neat trick!
TeroS is online now Find More Posts by TeroS
Old Today, 07:05 AM
Find More Posts by coolice
RobbeUK & Midland Helicopters
United Kingdom, Rushden
Joined Dec 2005
183 Posts
Hey All.

I'm working on some PCB boards to match up with the edge connectors for my own case builds, I already have a power board for a pair of PSU's arranged back to back, but want a board for use when the PSU's are spaced apart as well.
These will also work with my protection circuits for faster connection & ultimately protection when using multiple PSU's with DUO's.

Ian
coolice is offline Find More Posts by coolice
Old Today, 07:57 AM
Find More Posts by Ohmic
USA
Joined Jan 2002
5,040 Posts
The best solution is to use a purpose built power supply of the correct voltage.

Ohmic is offline Find More Posts by Ohmic
Old Today, 08:15 AM
Find More Posts by coolice
RobbeUK & Midland Helicopters
United Kingdom, Rushden
Joined Dec 2005
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmic View Post
The best solution is to use a purpose built power supply of the correct voltage.

Hey Buddy.

Not necessarily, the Meanwells are nice units don't get me wrong, but not the be all and end all. Server PSU's are a fraction of the cost and can give just as much service life and you can tap of various voltages for other things.

Ian
coolice is offline Find More Posts by coolice
Old Today, 08:37 AM
Find More Posts by Ohmic
USA
Joined Jan 2002
5,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolice View Post
Hey Buddy.

Not necessarily, the Meanwells are nice units don't get me wrong, but not the be all and end all. Server PSU's are a fraction of the cost and can give just as much service life and you can tap of various voltages for other things.

Ian
Depends on how you look at it. The Mean Well and other industrial supplies also have easily adjustable voltage over a much wider range than server supplies. They are also specifically designed to run in parallel and have a special cable to support parallel operation unlike server supplies. Thus, taking those things into consideration, IMHO they are a much better fit for our application than modifying server supplies. The only advantage of server supplies in general is cost. However, Mean Well and other industrial supplies are also available in the surplus/used market as well. Various voltages really depends on the application. I have no need for anything other than 48V for my charge case. Some industrial supplies are available in multiple voltages.
Ohmic is offline Find More Posts by Ohmic