HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2014, 07:08 AM
Joined Aug 2014
5 Posts
Discussion
1w Amplifier on VRX

I have a 1.3GHz system which is a 1.5w transmitter and a standard receiver, but i have a 1.3ghz 1w amplifier, but when i put it on the rx it looses all signal completely and get no feed.

Can i put an amplifier on a rx or isnt there enough db to use the amp?
boylin is offline Find More Posts by boylin
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2014, 02:53 PM
United States, VA, Blacksburg
Joined Aug 2010
160 Posts
Unless it is a bidirectional ampifier it will not work. As a matter of fact if it worked even a little it would fry your rx by overloading it. You need a pre amplifier if you want to amplify at your rx. But I would advise. You to look into better/directional antennas rather than more power.
jstiltner is online now Find More Posts by jstiltner
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H quad, the beater fpv
Old Sep 08, 2014, 03:22 AM
Joined Aug 2014
5 Posts
ok thanks for that, cant find a 1.3g pre amplifier but i already have a panel antenna for the rx and the tx is using the standard dipole but i do have a clover leaf for it if thats going to give me more range?
Old Sep 08, 2014, 06:39 AM
Joined Aug 2010
160 Posts
How much range are you getting now? Something else may be wrong.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 08, 2014, 02:45 PM
Joined Aug 2014
5 Posts
i get about 1300m range with the 1.3ghz video but that starts breaking up before the 2.4ghz control link looses connection.

So i want more range on the video link as the control link seems awesome at the moment.
It's a pretty powerfull 1.3 tx as it knocked out my gps signal on the quad so had to fit a low pass filter to it.
Old Sep 09, 2014, 12:18 AM
Joined Aug 2010
160 Posts
If you are only getting 1300m range with 1W power output I think you have a problem somewhere else. You should be getting 10 times that range. You can check what you should (at best) get at www.maxmyrange.com. Was your range different before you added the low pass filter? Can you give any details about the filter and a few photos of your aircraft?
RCG Plus Member