HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 12, 2014, 02:08 AM
Team Warpsquad
Canada, ON, Brantford
Joined Dec 2013
799 Posts
New Product
Lemon Rx DSMX PPM Receiver

No information as of yet, but this could be very promising as a PPM capable receiver is one of the things us Spektrum folk are missing out on.

Rather excited for this personally. The ability to use PPM in mini multirotor builds or anything else that can make use of it will be fantastic.

Thoughts?

All that's on the site currently:

DarkShot is online now Find More Posts by DarkShot
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2014, 02:56 AM
Not a six pack
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jul 2008
5,279 Posts
Been a while since you posted this, but I got a few of their previous dsm2 ppm receivers. The first ones had a weird channel order. If you couldn't remap it then you were out of luck. A kk2 couldn't remap it but a naze could. In fact I have one in an acro naze quad. Haven't tried it but all controls seem to work except aux2. Then subsequent versions had the right order. Th, ail, ele, Rudd. There was one issue tho..

I burned two out of three of them. Turns out the ppm output should NOT use the power out to power anything, like a flight controller. It's a 3.3v output and after just a few minutes of setting up on the bench they burned out. So if you get one of these when they come out, power the rx and the FC in parallel with a ubec or bec or what have you. And esp do not power the rx via the ppm out. Just leave the red wire off and everything should be good.

I had set one up as a Lrs relay but then that was the 2nd one to burn out. Kinda sucks and I wish they had some specs on their site when they sold these.
rocketscience is offline Find More Posts by rocketscience
Old May 12, 2014, 08:11 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,869 Posts
The DSMX version is now available.
They claim to be updating the website with info for it.
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Jun 20, 2014, 07:29 PM
Oh No, not again!!!
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Sep 2003
553 Posts
I just got 2 of the DSMX ones in the mail today and now I can't find them on their site for any install instructions. I also had 2 of the DSM2 ones but I cannot get failsafe to work in PPM mode. It works fine in PWM but not PPM.
elimsprint is offline Find More Posts by elimsprint
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:29 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,869 Posts
I don't think there are any install instructions for those SATs. They assume you know what you are doing.
I have a 8ch PPM RX and that has brief instructions about failsafe setup but the SATs alone I've not seen/read anything about that.

Link: http://www.lemon-rx.com/shop/index.p...product_id=109
Old Jun 21, 2014, 11:48 AM
Oh No, not again!!!
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Sep 2003
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
I don't think there are any install instructions for those SATs. They assume you know what you are doing.
I have a 8ch PPM RX and that has brief instructions about failsafe setup but the SATs alone I've not seen/read anything about that.

Link: http://www.lemon-rx.com/shop/index.p...product_id=109
This is the product description from my paypal receipt of what I bought and just received from Lemon but I cannot find any mention of them on their site now. Lemon DSMX PPM (6-Channel ONLY) Receiver
Item # LM0006
I didn't think I was buying a satellite but an actual receiver as it came with a bind plug. It looks exactly like the Rx you linked to so I am going to try it using those instructions
elimsprint is offline Find More Posts by elimsprint
Old Jun 21, 2014, 05:46 PM
Not a six pack
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jul 2008
5,279 Posts
Lemon Rx DSMX PPM Receiver

I got some of both. 6ch and 8ch. Can't tell them apart other than the label on the package. I assume one of them sends out 6 channels and the other 8. Would be nice if it was printed in the board. Without the packaging I wouldn't have a clue.

Oh it's not a satellite. That's optional and can hooked up to either the 6ch or 8ch.
rocketscience is offline Find More Posts by rocketscience
Last edited by rocketscience; Jun 21, 2014 at 05:46 PM. Reason: sat
Old Jun 21, 2014, 06:11 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,869 Posts
Yep, Google has a link to LM0006 but it's broken.
http://www.lemon-rx.com/shop/index.p...product_id=119
Maybe there's a cached version?
If you got a real RX and not the SATs then I guess you can use the instructions for the 8ch RX.
http://www.lemon-rx.com/shop/index.p...product_id=118
Old Jul 03, 2014, 02:59 PM
Fly Low and Fast
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jan 2014
295 Posts
Disregard......figured my question out.
mrduncan is offline Find More Posts by mrduncan
Last edited by mrduncan; Jul 03, 2014 at 05:00 PM.
Old Jul 03, 2014, 05:08 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,869 Posts
It depends when you got your Lemon SAT. I've had them both ways round. Red as Signal and as Vin, black is alway GND though and putting 3V down the signal line thankfully doesn't damage the SAT (at least in a couple of confirmed cases!)

With the antennas at the top, plug at the bottom and looking at the chip, left pin is 3V, middle GND, right signal.
It's certainly how mine is connected and that is working.

Here's a pic from Soma.
http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/u...8.jpg~original

It's unconventional in the RC world in that the middle pin isn't Vin but it's the same (AFAIK) for all SATs.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 08:15 PM
United States, TX, Encinal
Joined Aug 2014
92 Posts
Using this one on my Blackout Mini H with Naze32 acro in PPM mode and it works great.
You need to know how to map channels on the Naze32 baseflight configurator in the CLI.

Its something like this, " MAP AERT 1234" that would make Aileron channel 1 and Throttle channel 4, ect.
helladies is online now Find More Posts by helladies
Old Sep 15, 2014, 08:19 PM
United States, TX, Encinal
Joined Aug 2014
92 Posts
Im at work and the firewall blocks out all the clickable links except the quick reply so sorry for the double post, but I forgot to add the link to the specific one im using:

http://www.lemon-rx.com/shop/index.p...product_id=118
helladies is online now Find More Posts by helladies