HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 07:23 PM
let's FLY!
United States, VT, Castleton
Joined Dec 2007
2,082 Posts
This week I've been flying my new little scratch-built every evening at the on-the-way-home-from-work field (a.k.a. the nothing-but-sink field). This place is surrounded by high hills and treelines so there is downflow and turbulence no matter which direction the wind blows. 30 second flights are the norm here (with my 32" and 40" planes). But I'm actually beginning to find some lift there once in a while. I'm not saying I can predict where the lift will be, but I'm finding it The last few days have ranged from nearly calm to gusty/bumpy, but I've gotten some flights of 1:30 or better every day. Sometimes much better That may not be much for some of you, but I feel like I'm finally getting somewhere

Tonight was nearly calm and I was getting some 45+ second flights without any obvious help from lift.

On vacation last week I flew it in the light slope lift of some 50' dunes. That was cool.....infinite lift.
JimZinVT is online now Find More Posts by JimZinVT
to remove ads between posts