SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 14, 2012, 10:22 AM
WOS
United States, IN, Michigan City
Joined Nov 2003
808 Posts
Discussion
Black Widow FBL Controller

Anyone heard of this? http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...1726&stc=1used it? looked at it? read about it?
WOS is offline Find More Posts by WOS
Last edited by WOS; May 14, 2012 at 10:39 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2012, 09:34 PM
WOS
Joined Nov 2003
808 Posts
Reading up on this, it will operate all the way down to 3.5 volts. Can we say NO BROWN OUTS? I am going to try and set this one up on the trex INSTEAD of the 3gx. What happened to me I have read happens ALOT! red light flashing after going bezerk! No way am I going to waste another bird on the 3gx. My Walkera RX 2702 after 30 flights has given me no problems what so ever. 6 or 7 flights on my trex 500 with teh 3gx? REBUILD!
Old May 14, 2012, 11:40 PM
United States, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Nov 2009
635 Posts
where did you get it from?
Hot_Wheels is online now Find More Posts by Hot_Wheels
Old May 15, 2012, 07:15 AM
WOS
Joined Nov 2003
808 Posts
I bought it new off a guy from the classifieds and came with two gt-9 gyros as well.
All this talk about brown outs with the 3gx is crazy. My trex is align, all the servos are align, motor and esc/bec is align. You would figure that if they are all align THEY ALL SHOULD WORK TOGETHER WITH NO ISSUES!
Here is the site for the black widow FBL Controller. I am going to be using it and give the FBL another try. It works so sweet on my storm 450 using the rx2702v and never even once had an issue with over 20 to 30 flights. 6 or 7 flights with the 3gx?
the 3GX has a DUMB THUMB built into the software!
Sorry for ranting. Here is the site for the BW FBL
https://www.scaleflying.com/Black-Wi...SB_p_2600.html
Old May 15, 2012, 07:33 AM
United Kingdom, England, Witham
Joined Feb 2011
899 Posts
Looks a nice system... but you have to join the Chaos lounge in order to buy one

How odd!
Essex2visuvesi is offline Find More Posts by Essex2visuvesi
Old May 15, 2012, 11:15 PM
USA, CA, Red Bluff
Joined Dec 2007
952 Posts
It would be helpfull to know who manufactures this unit!:
prop bender is offline Find More Posts by prop bender
Old May 16, 2012, 01:44 AM
United Kingdom, England, Witham
Joined Feb 2011
899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prop bender View Post
It would be helpfull to know who manufactures this unit!:
PhoenixTech I beleive not managed to find out much more tho
Essex2visuvesi is offline Find More Posts by Essex2visuvesi
Old May 16, 2012, 01:56 AM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
I remembered and thought Black Window flybarless controller was sold by RC Aerodyne before. fbl controller use robird software to program but not sure as robird web site no update info.
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old May 16, 2012, 06:47 AM
WOS
Joined Nov 2003
808 Posts
YEP! I found out and read up on the Black Widow and robird software. I was just released only weeks ago from what I understand. Going to try it and see how it goes. SO guess I am going to be the Guinea pig.
Old May 16, 2012, 11:04 AM
USA, CA, Red Bluff
Joined Dec 2007
952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOS View Post
YEP! I found out and read up on the Black Widow and robird software. I was just released only weeks ago from what I understand. Going to try it and see how it goes. SO guess I am going to be the Guinea pig.

Good luck Wos, please keep us posted
prop bender is offline Find More Posts by prop bender
Old May 16, 2012, 11:35 AM
WOS
Joined Nov 2003
808 Posts
Will Do.
The align trex 500 stock ESC does not have a high output BEC in it. Something like 3 amps is all it is capable of doing with 5 amp burst. I am going to get another BEC external that will do somewhere around 5 to 10 amps to be on the safe side. I am certain is why the 3gx rebooted or reset causing the issues on the trex 500.
Kind of a whimpy ESC/BEC in my opinion. I think Align should state that in using the 3gx with a seperate receiver and higher capacity digital servos a seperate BEC should be used. It was flying fine just putten around until I did a power climb out and all the servos problably maxed out the current draw from the BEC not leaving any for the receiver or 3GX. Just a guess.
WHat the Heck? Everything align and you would think that it should a;ll work being all from the same company
Old May 27, 2012, 07:59 PM
Just trying to fly...
NC
Joined Jan 2011
1,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOS View Post
I bought it new off a guy from the classifieds and came with two gt-9 gyros as well.
All this talk about brown outs with the 3gx is crazy. My trex is align, all the servos are align, motor and esc/bec is align. You would figure that if they are all align THEY ALL SHOULD WORK TOGETHER WITH NO ISSUES!
Here is the site for the black widow FBL Controller. I am going to be using it and give the FBL another try. It works so sweet on my storm 450 using the rx2702v and never even once had an issue with over 20 to 30 flights. 6 or 7 flights with the 3gx?
the 3GX has a DUMB THUMB built into the software!
Sorry for ranting. Here is the site for the BW FBL
https://www.scaleflying.com/Black-Wi...SB_p_2600.html
Just a FYI, this is indeed a great unit but please keep in mind that you'll need to be a member at the ChaosLounge to be able to purchase it as you will see with the link provided by WOS. Thanks.....
Dr. Evil is offline Find More Posts by Dr. Evil
Old May 30, 2012, 12:27 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,310 Posts
Hummm....looks like my favorite 3 axis gyro on my heli at the moment..
ridge_racer is online now Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old May 30, 2012, 07:13 AM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer View Post
Hummm....looks like my favorite 3 axis gyro on my heli at the moment..
It also looks like my only FBL unit. That is because it probably is...
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case