SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:31 PM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Nov 2011
117 Posts
Rant
HobbyKing Pop Ups

Ok thats it! Every last cotton pickin webpage I visit I am bombarded with HobbyKing pop-ups for the "Turnigy 9x"......"The Best Value 9ch System Available!".....AVAILABLE......AVAILABLE.....what a joke not one single blasted 9x has been available ANYWHERE in the western hemisphere since Sep of last year. Leave me alone HobbyKing, lose my IP address and keep my $78 bucks cause is not like I am getting it back anyways....I am NOT "modifying" my order so I guess you will have to deal with the moral dilemma of what to do with a poor man's money.....to my fellow rcgroupers, no need responding, I know I am out of line but just wore out seeing ads for a transmitter that is non-existent and needed to vent.
mightymouse7717 is offline Find More Posts by mightymouse7717
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:37 PM
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
I'd like to say you get what you pay for, but in this case you didn't get what you paid for.
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:52 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,337 Posts
You have had a 9X on order since Sept? What are they telling you about delivery.

Go to your chg card company and dispute the chg as you never received the goods.
aeajr is online now Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Mar 18, 2012, 08:48 AM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
United States, IL
Joined Jul 2009
3,063 Posts
Sounds like you could use a better web browsing experience while you're at it too...

I only get the ads I allow and don't block.
Wrend is offline Find More Posts by Wrend
Old Mar 18, 2012, 09:04 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,865 Posts
It isn't really Hobby King at fault. HK contracted with a web advertising service that uses algorithims that determine your interests in different things and so the advertiser inserts their ads in web pages as you browse. The advertiser doesn't have a lot of other companies competing for ad space so HK wins the honor most of the time.
The different web sites all get paid to let the advertising service display ads on their websites.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Gaui X3's
Old Mar 18, 2012, 09:14 AM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymouse7717 View Post
Ok thats it! Every last cotton pickin webpage I visit I am bombarded with HobbyKing pop-ups for the "Turnigy 9x"......"The Best Value 9ch System Available!".....AVAILABLE......AVAILABLE.....what a joke not one single blasted 9x has been available ANYWHERE in the western hemisphere since Sep of last year. Leave me alone HobbyKing, lose my IP address and keep my $78 bucks cause is not like I am getting it back anyways....I am NOT "modifying" my order so I guess you will have to deal with the moral dilemma of what to do with a poor man's money.....to my fellow rcgroupers, no need responding, I know I am out of line but just wore out seeing ads for a transmitter that is non-existent and needed to vent.
What do HobbyKing say when you contact them about the missing Tx? They have, of course, been selling a steady stream of 9x transmitters. I ordered on myself in November and received it in late December.
I've found HK quite helpful when there was a problem.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66