HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:28 AM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
I am starting to build my Freewing SU35 its a expensive plane for sure!. The Guardian will be installed in this plane for my piece of mind. I hope my 8 channel reciever will be enough to use both the Gaurdian and all the stuff on the 35.
You should be able to do it Gold but you will probably have to lose some of the functions, i.e. "y" the yaw (rudder tv) to the rudder channel. That would free up a channel. If you want to hook both the 2d/off/3d and be able to change gain from the radio you will need two empty channels on your receiver. Again this is doable but you will probably have to y one of the other tv axis to it's corresponding channel. What you lose when you y them in is the ability to turn that tv function off.
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:40 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
You should be able to do it Gold but you will probably have to lose some of the functions, i.e. "y" the yaw (rudder tv) to the rudder channel. That would free up a channel. If you want to hook both the 2d/off/3d and be able to change gain from the radio you will need two empty channels on your receiver. Again this is doable but you will probably have to y one of the other tv axis to it's corresponding channel. What you lose when you y them in is the ability to turn that tv function off.
I do not want the TV to be used at all anyway!. I wish there were a way just to disable the TV compleatly!
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:54 AM
Joined Oct 2011
3,138 Posts
Quote:
I do not want the TV to be used at all anyway!. I wish there were a way just to disable the TV compleatly!
I believe that will free up three channels then. There is a way you can disable it completely. You just have to set the tv nozzles to their neutral positions and lock them in place by screws or whatever means you want to use. The key is to ensure you have them set to neutral and it is probably best to fix them with something that can be removed in the future if you decide to use them or you need to adjust them for some reason.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:03 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon View Post
I believe that will free up three channels then. There is a way you can disable it completely. You just have to set the tv nozzles to their neutral positions and lock them in place by screws or whatever means you want to use. The key is to ensure you have them set to neutral and it is probably best to fix them with something that can be removed in the future if you decide to use them or you need to adjust them for some reason.
I wish there were a way just to shut the TV down without having to jam something into them. I wish this jet never had TV in it. I only wanted this to fly in a circle nice and under control. I have no interest in all the 3D stuff. But you would think there would be a way to just turn the TV off without all that other stuff having to be done to the jet.
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:48 AM
Gravity gives sinking feeling
Joined Jun 2011
1,704 Posts
Can any one tell or give me a solution to my question below :

Question : Does Guardian needs a three position switch in the transmitter?

I'm sure this question has been asked before but I can't see it.

In my transmitter (futaba ff7), I need almost all the stitches as I use mixing and landing gears.

I am really not prepared to buy a 12g futaba or any other transmitter. It takes too long for me to programme and getting used to a new tx.

Any help wud be much appreciated.

Cheers
CurrentDude is online now Find More Posts by CurrentDude
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:51 AM
Joined Oct 2011
3,138 Posts
Quote:
I wish there were a way just to shut the TV down without having to jam something into them. I wish this jet never had TV in it. I only wanted this to fly in a circle nice and under control. I have no interest in all the 3D stuff. But you would think there would be a way to just turn the TV off without all that other stuff having to be done to the jet.
Its not as hard as it sounds to disable the tv. There is marks on the tv units that you can use to line them up to the neutral position. All you really have to do is disconnect/remove the control linkages from the tv servos to the tv units. Once that is done its just a matter of fixing the tv nozzles to neutral. I would think the easiest way would be with small screws. Plus this gives you the ability to remove them and make adjustments if necessary.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:15 AM
Rick
United States, CA, Santa Clara
Joined Mar 2011
2,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayY View Post
RX aileron output to Guardian aileron input, Guardian aileron output to Radian rudder servo. It works as expected, during my testing at home, rolling the Radian left causes the Guardian to compensate with right rudder and vice-versa. I will let you know how it works for real when I perform the flight tests this week.
I've used it on a rudder only plane, it works as you would expect.
choochoo22 is offline Find More Posts by choochoo22
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:52 AM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentDude View Post
Can any one tell or give me a solution to my question below :

Question : Does Guardian needs a three position switch in the transmitter?

I'm sure this question has been asked before but I can't see it.
Answered across various posts:

*If you do not need to adjust the mode or gain while flying, no.
*If you have 2 position switches available, some posts talk about how to switch between 2D and 3D or turn the gyros on (some gain) and off (0 gain) while flying.
*If you need to make adjustments on the ground, some posts mention temporarily using a channel to program the Guardian (or use the micro-USB port with a PC). Or another way is to use a servo tester (my post #2984).
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:38 PM
Joined Jun 2011
1,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
Answered across various posts:

*If you do not need to adjust the mode or gain while flying, no.
*If you have 2 position switches available, some posts talk about how to switch between 2D and 3D or turn the gyros on (some gain) and off (0 gain) while flying.
*If you need to make adjustments on the ground, some posts mention temporarily using a channel to program the Guardian (or use the micro-USB port with a PC). Or another way is to use a servo tester (my post #2984).
Thanx Flying llama for your quick reply. I'll look at your post
Cheers
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by CurrentDude; Jan 29, 2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:15 AM
Registered Offender
United States, FL, Gulf Breeze
Joined Apr 2008
2,395 Posts
The more I experiment with the Guardian, the more I love it!
Remote Tx control of 2D/off/3D and gain is a must have for me!
gatorb8 is online now Find More Posts by gatorb8
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My First FPV experience
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:27 AM
Foam Temple Pilot
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Sep 2012
537 Posts
Deleted
JayY is online now Find More Posts by JayY
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JayY; Mar 19, 2013 at 09:04 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:06 PM
Joined Jun 2011
1,704 Posts
Cudn't wait any longer so ordered mine today ;~). Hopefully it will be with me in a day or two.

Another silly question - will it work with rudder ele model?

My sacrificial lamb is going to be a pz Super Cub. I cud knock up an aileron model, if needed.

Seeing Beaver report here convinced me "I want it NOW" so I can use it in my Beaver too.

Thanx guys for help so far and wait to see your reply.

Cheers
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:17 PM
Joined Jun 2011
1,704 Posts
Sorry posted twice.... my high speedo fingers
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by CurrentDude; Jan 29, 2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:33 PM
McKinney, TX
Joined May 2007
1,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentDude View Post
Cudn't wait any longer so ordered mine today ;~). Hopefully it will be with me in a day or two.

Another silly question - will it work with rudder ele model?

My sacrificial lamb is going to be a pz Super Cub. I cud knock up an aileron model, if needed.

Seeing Beaver report here convinced me "I want it NOW" so I can use it in my Beaver too.

Thanx guys for help so far and wait to see your reply.

Cheers
The aileron connection into the Guardian is required. However, JayY mentioned a few posts above that he connected his receiver's aileron channel to the Guardian aileron input and then connected the aileron output to the rudder servo. I don't see why you couldn't instead connect the rudder channel into the aileron input if you're more comfortable using rudder stick movements.
TheBum is offline Find More Posts by TheBum
Last edited by TheBum; Jan 29, 2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:47 PM
Joined Jun 2011
1,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBum View Post
The aileron connection into the Guardian is required. However, JayY mentioned a few posts above that he connected his receiver's aileron channel to the Guardian aileron input and then connected the aileron output to the rudder servo. I don't see why you couldn't instead connect the rudder channel into the aileron input if you're more comfortable using rudder stick movements.
Thanx a bunch "TheBum" :~ /

I read the post just this mo.

Cheers
RCG Plus Member