Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:49 PM
Yin & Yang
United States, VA, Sterling
Joined Jul 2011
3,953 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
Awesome! Thanks a bunch. Ordering now.

The 2 year halogen bulbs only last a couple months.
I know exactly what you mean. These will last for many years.They are made the way CFLs used to be made when first introduced.
I bought 1 for my mothers house for her front porch. She left it on every night of the year. She said I was crazy for buying it for $18. 15 years later she finally had to replace it after bragging about it for at least 10 years.
Planned obsolescence caught up to CFLs though. I bought CFL R30 floods that wouldn't last 4 months so I bought LEDs last summer and they all still work GREAT! Love the dimmable feature they work better that the CFL dimmables ever did
Liberty10 is online now Find More Posts by Liberty10
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:59 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty10 View Post
I know exactly what you mean. These will last for many years.They are made the way CFLs used to be made when first introduced.
I bought 1 for my mothers house for her front porch. She left it on every night of the year. She said I was crazy for buying it for $18. 15 years later she finally had to replace it after bragging about it for at least 10 years.
Planned obsolescence caught up to CFLs though. I bought CFL R30 floods that wouldn't last 4 months so I bought LEDs last summer and they all still work GREAT! Love the dimmable feature they work better that the CFL dimmables ever did
One thing that drives me nuts about the CFL bulbs, is, just like any other florescent bulb, you shouldn't just through them away, as they contain nasty stuff we don't want it our land fills (I.E. mercury), and therefore you are supposed to take them to re-cycling stations for disposal...but, how many people do this???? Yes, they take less power, but are actually harmful to our ecology unless properly disposed of.....

SteveT.
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:07 PM
3D Addict
Merrimac, MA
Joined Jan 2006
1,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
One thing that drives me nuts about the CFL bulbs, is, just like any other florescent bulb, you shouldn't just through them away, as they contain nasty stuff we don't want it our land fills (I.E. mercury), and therefore you are supposed to take them to re-cycling stations for disposal...but, how many people do this???? Yes, they take less power, but are actually harmful to our ecology unless properly disposed of.....

SteveT.
I put them in a John McCann's Steel Cut Oats can, seal, and toss. Same ones I use to store/charge smaller lipo's ... please don't report me to the EPA brownshirts! Or is it Homeland Security. (sorry for the politics).

The oatmeal is good too.

Hey, I'm green, I fly electric.
alfabeast is offline Find More Posts by alfabeast
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:13 PM
3D Addict
Merrimac, MA
Joined Jan 2006
1,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty10 View Post
I am about to try some of the LED's, they are superior technology compared to CFL's, prices are starting to drop and brightness is coming up. The early ones were pretty dim. I think the economics for the outside porch lights are good - but I do believe the brite blue tint will not be approved by the warden.
alfabeast is offline Find More Posts by alfabeast
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:22 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
Yes. These will be installed in the standard flood light fixtures on the corners of my house.
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:08 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,121 Posts
I swear I'm gonna get to meet the AZ guys one day...
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:13 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
4,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
What's your 20 tree lander
3Dplank is online now Find More Posts by 3Dplank
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:14 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashesALot View Post
......In addition to those guys, I've had fun hanging out with a ton of other people from all over the east coast. Hopefully, one of these years, Bivens will make the trip. I think Chris Jewett has even threatened to come up from South Carolina as well.

It really is the people that make the event. Now, combine the people with the most incredible venue ever, and you will know why people drive (YES I SAID DRIVE!) from the West Coast to South Carolina to attend Joe Nall!!!! It is an absolutely crazy event.

With that being said, I am definitely in for NJ, Joe Nall, and I am even toying with the idea of driving down to the TN Fly Low In as I've heard Bivens does a pretty good job too.

Yup, the Smith's do have a trailer. Once you get a trailer, you quickly learn how you want to "tie" stuff down, and then, luckily, it gets a little quicker along the way.
What've you mean "HEARD" we run a nice event.....come on down and experience it for yourself this year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb7flyer View Post
hey crashes alot,
you need to come down to k town and fly with us. its a great time!! bivens does a hell of a job running this event. see ya at joe nall.

P.B.
See, you even got PB to add one to his post count on this one....that doesn't happen every day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashesALot View Post
....I'm definitely in. Time off has been in for several weeks already. I can't wait!!!! What a way to start off the flying season!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55 View Post
I will be there for the whole week.
Oh yeah...I can't wait. I've got a 30ft RV rented for Wed-Sunday.....The wife and kids should come down later in the week and stay a while.....Nall is so much fun...I can't wati.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggity2424 View Post
We had a great time at the House of Santi. I think me made the best of today considering the conditions. Looking forward to next time. Some pics of the 104 scheme and a fleet of Slicks
Nice scheme D. I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elixir220 View Post
check this video out of my home field
Nice vid E. I can't wait to fly with you guys someday....

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Sweet! We definitely need to find a way of finding each other when we get there!
That's easy....just hit the 3d line....you'll find addicts all over the place.....most of the time there's at least a pair of 3dhs planes up all day long....just head for the 3d flightline straight away.
Bivens is online now Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:16 PM
Team 3DHS
Western CT
Joined Aug 2009
2,855 Posts
Well, I'm going to try, I think the wife is trying for a family vacation around that time.

You heading to NJ this year?
CrashesALot is online now Find More Posts by CrashesALot
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:32 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
10,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dplank View Post
What's your 20 tree lander
I-80 Westbound in IA mm180 in route to Fontana, CA by way of I-15 thru Vegas
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:36 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
4,447 Posts
Quote:
I-80 Westbound in IA mm180 in route to Fontana, CA by way of I-15 thru Vegas
Vegas, I think I had fun there once
3Dplank is online now Find More Posts by 3Dplank
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:37 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Quote:
And you'd have to be trying if you're gonna hit a tree at our field!
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:39 PM
Old Dog learning new tricks~~
United States, PA, East Stroudsburg
Joined Jan 2011
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dplank View Post
Vegas, I think I had fun there once
Ya I remember having fun there twice at the same time
bradhoke08 is offline Find More Posts by bradhoke08
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:41 PM