HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:10 PM
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Jan 2012
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by semich View Post
First of all, the host file shouldn't be changed, even by Google, so we might be infected by a vírus. It is common to see this as a result of a vírus.
Since this file is a system file, you need to open it from a system account.

open a command prompt by right click, open as administrator.
from there, just type notepad.exe, once notepad is open, go ahead and open the host file with this notepad, modifiy it and save.

Again, on this command promtp, type ipconfig/flushdns

try again.
Excellent it all works again now, but what a carry on, dont understand why Google release things with these problems...
Aviator1 is offline Find More Posts by Aviator1
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:27 PM
Portugal, Lisbon, Cascais
Joined Mar 2010
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator1 View Post
Excellent it all works again now, but what a carry on, dont understand why Google release things with these problems...
this is not a google issue, google doesn t modify this file for sure. Something else did, neither DJI... Maybe a malware.

Glad it works now
semich is offline Find More Posts by semich
Old Nov 07, 2012, 01:38 PM
Joined Sep 2011
127 Posts
Quote:
Because a file includes the word Google, doesn't mean it's Google. As the previous post said, you almost certainly have malware present on your device.

1. Is your Windows Update updated?
2. Is Adobe acrobat, Macromedia Flash, and Java up-to-date? Common infection points.
3. Do you have AV software installed and fully up-to-date? Proper AV, not malware pretending to be AV.

The fact this is malware (nothing else would do this) means it was entirely avoidable.

Apologies for the off topic post
DaveyWavey is online now Find More Posts by DaveyWavey
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:05 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2012
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panza View Post
Hi Terry.
What do you mean ? : We do not use the last official 5.14 ??????
I've been running 5.14 for two months, just got my compass back last friday and did the second test flight with it today.Two battery packs got me 15min of flight time. (Need to keep batteries warmer it's cold outside) Still have no symptoms. The gimbal on the S800 seems much more stable now as well. I just hope they release the new WKM firmware soon.

I repeat, I haven't had any issues with 5.14 to date. Odd isn't it...
apvxtreme is offline Find More Posts by apvxtreme
Last edited by apvxtreme; Nov 07, 2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:12 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvxtreme View Post
I've been running 5.14 for two months, just got my compass back last friday and did the second test flight with it today.Two battery packs got me 15min of flight time. (Need to keep batteries warmer it's cold outside) Still have no symptoms. The gimbal on the S800 seems much more stable now as well. I just hope they release the new WKM firmware soon.

Not to me, I believe it is a WKM hardware issue.
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:46 PM
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Jan 2012
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyWavey View Post
Because a file includes the word Google, doesn't mean it's Google. As the previous post said, you almost certainly have malware present on your device.

1. Is your Windows Update updated?
2. Is Adobe acrobat, Macromedia Flash, and Java up-to-date? Common infection points.
3. Do you have AV software installed and fully up-to-date? Proper AV, not malware pretending to be AV.

The fact this is malware (nothing else would do this) means it was entirely avoidable.

Apologies for the off topic post
Brand new laptop with Norton AV installed?
Who knows, will run an AV scan, thanks everyone..
Aviator1 is offline Find More Posts by Aviator1
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:54 PM
Portugal, Lisbon, Cascais
Joined Mar 2010
327 Posts
Also, go www.microsoft.com and look for malware, you will find out a tool that will scan your pc.

Now, lets puts the drones back in the air
semich is offline Find More Posts by semich
Old Nov 07, 2012, 05:07 PM
Joined Sep 2011
127 Posts
Quote:
Brand new laptop with Norton AV installed?
Who knows, will run an AV scan, thanks everyone..
It was probably in a carboard box for a lil while between the magical 'puter factory and your desk... Gets out of date in hours....
DaveyWavey is online now Find More Posts by DaveyWavey
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:56 PM
Trenton, NJ
Joined May 2008
840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvxtreme View Post
I've been running 5.14 for two months.............

For what its worth, I've also been using the 5.14 firmware for a while now on my quad and have had no negative issues at all. Great stable flight & great GPS position hold.
Tom
tkeeg is offline Find More Posts by tkeeg
Last edited by tkeeg; Nov 07, 2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:11 AM
Malaysia, Selangor, Seri Kembangan
Joined Jun 2011
20 Posts
WKM new features.....underwater flying...

Cinestar 8 crashes into water (0 min 8 sec)
cabalerro is offline Find More Posts by cabalerro
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:24 AM
Austin, Texas
Joined Apr 2009
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by semich View Post
First of all, the host file shouldn't be changed, even by Google, so we might be infected by a vírus. It is common to see this as a result of a vírus.
I experienced this as well yesterday. I would open the ground station and it would not load any Google Earth images. Google Earth wouldn't load any images either. I looked in the hosts file...and something had added an entry to redirect "hk.google.com" to some IP address. This happened over and over.
I would delete the errant entries and all would work again. But next time I opened GS, it would be broken once again.

I finally did a full Virus scan and even though it didn't find anything...the problem seems to have gone away. Very strange.

Brent
dmsgodeep is offline Find More Posts by dmsgodeep
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:26 AM
Joined Oct 2011
473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabalerro View Post
WKM new features.....underwater flying...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2ftO2cJ1xY
How sure are you that it was a WKM? I have no idea also but looks to be someone I know...I hope not....they called his name (part) before multi dive in the water. The patch antenna is also familiar. I could be wrong but if that is the guy I know its an MK Cinestar 6 (from vid its only 6motors). I could be wrong and you could be there, if this is WKM its indeed a bad feature
TruckBasher is online now Find More Posts by TruckBasher
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:44 AM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Toulouse
Joined Jun 2012
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vip View Post
this is what I got back..

Hi, Ken,
Pls use 5.12a at the moment and wait for next firmware upgrade. We are working on it.

Best regards,

Terry
DJI Innovations
http://www.dji-innovations.com
Tel: 086-0755-26656677

Hi Hi Hi

Sure wee ALL want to know if this is an "official" message that tell to fly with the 5.12a.
Does it means we do not use the last 5.14
Panza is offline Find More Posts by Panza
Old Nov 08, 2012, 04:13 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2012
23 Posts
Does anybody know if the wookong heli boys are having the same problems?
Terra is offline Find More Posts by Terra
Old Nov 08, 2012, 06:34 PM
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
I cant understand it really, and i know i cannot disregard anyones issues, but i have built 5 hexas and umpteen quads, one more Hexa tonight and another Quad, all running 5.14, and i have never had any issues with any of them, sorry, apart from one, the GPS module was faulty, but that aside, nothing more, everyone has flown perfectly as they should, and all functions have operated fine eg, POI, RTH low battery landing etc.etc,

i feel for those who are having issues, i really do, but why are some not having issues, yet some are ?
Davebbb is offline Find More Posts by Davebbb