Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 26, 2007, 09:22 AM
Austin, Texas
Joined Oct 2006
294 Posts
Discussion
Teeriffic + Nubcake = Fun

Hey

This is my first posting in the airplane world... so be gentle :-)

I am a freak when it comes to R/C Helis. I have a Trex 600, Blade CP Pro, 2 Blade CX's, 2 Walkera junk piles, and a partridge in a pear tree.

But i have yet to get into planes. Lately i have flown a trainer .40 plane, just for grins, and i have to say its some good old fashioned fun. No worries of heli crashes... just lofty flying.

So, to tell you the truth, i hate club fields. Everyone is in a click, and don't welcome new comers........ very often.

So... i want a micro to fly in my back yard, etc...

I found these Teeriffic Jets (EDF) today... and i'm pretty excited. I was wondering if anyone here can tell me where to buy a few of the items needed.

I have a CC 10, will this work in the micro mig-29?
Where to buy the JMP Servo Only reciever? BSD doesn't have it... they have a combo but the RX has an ESC i think.
Will the JMP Servo only receiver work with say... an Futaba 9chp?
Where to buy the Mighty Midget 10/3/26s? BSD doesn't have that one either.
Will the MB12/2/16TJ hopup motor they speak of, work in the micro mig?

I know thats alot of questions... and i am still researching as i post... but i would appreciate anyones help on this.
seneka is offline Find More Posts by seneka
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2007, 12:04 PM
Micro Brushless crazy
India, Bangalore
Joined Jul 2002
1,009 Posts
Seneka:

Regarding the TJ's:

1) IMHO, the CC 10 is heavy for the little jet, I think a lightened CC 10 could work, remove heat shrink, replace wires with thinner wires etc. The YGE 4, or a lightened CC TB 9 works great, bsdmicrorc.com has em both.

2) I think a Micro invent Minor RX would work if you don't find a JMP servo combo. bsdmicrorc.com has it too!

3) The initial TJ's used the 10/3/26S motor, but the new 13/2/16TJ has been optimized for the little jets. The 13/2/16TJ is perfect for the little jets.

-Uttam,
http://www.microbrushless.com
Uttam1 is offline Find More Posts by Uttam1
Old Jul 26, 2007, 01:21 PM
Austin, Texas
Joined Oct 2006
294 Posts
Ah... Thanks Uttam.

I will lighten up my CC10 then.. it can loose a lot of weight with wires alone.. They are pretty massive. If it still comes out heavy, ill take your advice and grab a YGE 4 or TB9

The Micro invent minor may be a way to go... but i finally found a JMP RX only. Says it was designed for the p10, so since that will be what i use :-)

Thanks for the info on the motors, I will just buy the silver kit directly... the 13/2/16tj comes included. :-)

Looking closer to a done deal... only real issue now is convincing the wife to let me add another project to the pile. haha.
seneka is offline Find More Posts by seneka
Old Jul 27, 2007, 01:00 PM
Southern New Jersey
Joined Jan 2002
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seneka
Ah... Thanks Uttam.

I will lighten up my CC10 then.. it can loose a lot of weight with wires alone.. They are pretty massive. If it still comes out heavy, ill take your advice and grab a YGE 4 or TB9

The Micro invent minor may be a way to go... but i finally found a JMP RX only. Says it was designed for the p10, so since that will be what i use :-)

Thanks for the info on the motors, I will just buy the silver kit directly... the 13/2/16tj comes included. :-)

Looking closer to a done deal... only real issue now is convincing the wife to let me add another project to the pile. haha.
CC now has a 4 gram brushless esc for sale
Don M. is offline Find More Posts by Don M.
Old Aug 04, 2007, 05:35 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
Are these TJ micros a pusher prop or are they EDF? Anyone forsee problems using a Plantraco 4 channel servo RX (about 1.1 grams with connectors)? Thinking of the BA 2.5 gram servos.

I wouldn't mind lightening the RX and soldering directly since I can't/won't buy the $400 mini JST crimp tool.

And if these are a prop plane, think it might work with a GWS 30mm EDF unit and brushless motor?

Thanks.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Aug 04, 2007, 11:36 PM
Joined Nov 2005
2,918 Posts
I'm a big heli person also.. I started off in this hobby right here in the micro forum.. I built a couple of Martin's planes with his help along with some other good people around here.. Then I found that helicopters were just way more fun for me. Now I've got a T-Rex 600 Nitro, T-Rex 450, etc.

Well.. I gotta say.. Once you start to think planes are cool, you never stop thinking it =] I've always had myself a plane in one form or another. Right now I've got a 40" 3D foamie "Airfoilz Edge 540" and I love it. I'm dying for someone like Mike Glass to make a tiny indoor brushless foamie 'cuz his Matrix 3D foamie is incredible.

Come on Mike. Make it happen ;]

-Kyle
arclite5 is offline Find More Posts by arclite5
Old Aug 04, 2007, 11:57 PM
I broke it
USA, NC, Clayton
Joined Feb 2001
5,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arclite5
I'm dying for someone like Mike Glass to make a tiny indoor brushless foamie 'cuz his Matrix 3D foamie is incredible.

Come on Mike. Make it happen ;]

-Kyle
Not 100% foam, but....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=543507
David Hogue is offline Find More Posts by David Hogue
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 05, 2007, 08:35 AM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
BTW the Teerific micro planes swing a 3030 prop, so I guess they are a pusher plane.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot