Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:08 PM
United States, OH, Conneaut
Joined Dec 2012
115 Posts
Discussion
Question about AC Charger and Battery Replacement

Do all the mini syma heli run with the same battery or are they all different? If I purchase some 3.7V 240mAh would they work in all the mini models?

Also question about the AC battery charger ... how do you know while using it, that the battery has finish charging? I see a light on it ... haven't used it yet ... anyone have one of the ac charger for the mini helis?

Thank you for reading my post.
Spirittoo is offline Find More Posts by Spirittoo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2013, 02:27 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,107 Posts
Different models of Syma may use different batteries. They are not all the same. However, the majority of mini Syma uses the 150mAh size. If you purchased the 240mAh, they will work, but the center of gravity might be off, due to the weight difference. And also because of the added weight, the flight time would only be marginally longer. However, you're overtaxing the motors, and the recharging time would be longer. It is my personal opinion, therefore, to better stick with the 150mAh.

The AC charger has a light. It functions the same way has the indicator light in the USB cable. The light is off during charge and it will light up when the charging process is completed.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 09, 2013, 02:44 PM
United States, OH, Conneaut
Joined Dec 2012
115 Posts
Thank ye ... thank ye kindly

Thanks for your input ... the part number for the S111G battery leds to a replacement that is 200mAh ... I can't find any info on the original battery.
Spirittoo is offline Find More Posts by Spirittoo
Old Jan 09, 2013, 03:56 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,107 Posts
You are welcome. I'm surprised to hear that the S111G uses anything but the 150mAh. Then again, I don't own the S111G. Based on my experience with these mini SYMA, I think the 150mAh will work very well with the S111G. Since it is inside of a scale body, it may not be a good idea to get a larger size battery for it. You should have no trouble finding the 150mAh. They are sold everywhere.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad