HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:40 PM
Joined Oct 2012
11 Posts
Help!
HELP!!!!!!!!!! Devo 7

I started out with this hobby small. a little 3 channel and then another helicopter then the blade MQX. then another 3 channel helicopter and then another helicopter, and finally a lady bird. So i got a devo 7 with it and its WAY too sensitive for the lady bird. i got a few questions.

1. How to I bind my Helicopters to the devo 7
2. How do i adjust the devo 7 for lady bird
3. any one that will discuss settings with me

I have read the manual s and called customer support and all the abbreviations have totally confused me. I went to 3 hobby stores and they said they would help if i paid them $ 50 and hour. I am so stressed. i am at my wits end. i just enjoy flying around my house when the weather is bad, its my only relaxation and trying to deal with all this is taking the fun out of a incredible hobby. Message me or reply to this post.

If some one can give me clear precise help and solutions. i would glady send $20 as a appreciative gesture when its all resolved

thank you for your time
wolverine72 is offline Find More Posts by wolverine72
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2012, 02:37 AM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine72 View Post
I started out with this hobby small. a little 3 channel and then another helicopter then the blade MQX. then another 3 channel helicopter and then another helicopter, and finally a lady bird. So i got a devo 7 with it and its WAY too sensitive for the lady bird. i got a few questions.

Which helicopters do you have?
Only some (newer Walkeras) will bind to a devo 7.

Questions about the devo 7 and the ladybird may be best asked in the micro-multi-rotor copter forum, where the ladybird is discussed.
That forum and the micro-helicopter forum are where people who tend to fly heli's controllable by the devo 7 are, so asking about the devo 7 there may be helpful.

By the way, the devo 7 has a reputation for being hard to program.
That said, some say that its menus resemble that of an old Futaba 6 channel radio (the 6ex?), so looking at 6ex manuals may be helpful.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:26 PM
United States, WA, Pasco
Joined Oct 2012
10 Posts
Binding the Devo is so simple, you'll thump yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine72 View Post

2. How do i adjust the devo 7 for lady bird
3. any one that will discuss settings with me

I have read the manual s and called customer support and all the abbreviations have totally confused me. I went to 3 hobby stores and they said they would help if i paid them $ 50 and hour. I am so stressed. i am at my wits end. i just enjoy flying around my house when the weather is bad, its my only relaxation and trying to deal with all this is taking the fun out of a incredible hobby. Message me or reply to this post.

If some one can give me clear precise help and solutions. i would glady send $20 as a appreciative gesture when its all resolved

thank you for your time
Very simple procedure. I have the Devo 7 and 10. This procedure works for all Devo Tx/Rx's binding(Pairing) and these are the 701, 802 and 1002 RX's. Other brand RX's? Don't trouble yourself. BTW, I can *only vouch* for the 7 and 10 Tx's, but I'd be confident enough to say, this would include the 8, 8s and 12 as well.

Take note which is ground and which is signal, since red is always in the center, it will not make a difference which way you plug it in, it won't burn out, but it may not work either, if it's not plugged in right. If it don't work, turn it around.

First. Plug in binding plug(BATT). Note: Rx does not need to be connected to heli to be bound(paired) to Tx.

Second. Add battery power(use ESC) to Rx, light will blink (it's resetting). While light is blinking, remove binding plug. Light will begin to blink quickly, turn on Tx, light should stop blinking, your bound(paired).

Should this fail No worries.

First. Unplug battery from Rx. Turn off Tx. No Need for binding plug at this point, it's already reset.

Second. Turn Tx back on, within 15 seconds, add battery power to Rx, light will stop blinking. Your bound(Paired).

Devo 7 is NOT that hard to program, nor is it hard to update the firmware. You do need a computer with a UP02 cable and UP02 adapter(for LadyBird) for the firmware. You get the software from Walkera-China. Don't trouble yourself with the Northwest USA Walkera site, they don't have what you need.

I'll take my $50 worth in a thank you...

Have a nice Day
RodneyJ is offline Find More Posts by RodneyJ
Last edited by RodneyJ; Nov 12, 2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: oops