SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 02, 2012, 02:01 AM
Joined Oct 2011
473 Posts
yes thru SBUS 2 and the built in battery sensor port. tho this require to set the SBUS to low speed the the default high speed. Last time this did not work with wookong but since DJI said on 5.16 it will be compatible to SBUS2 I hope it will work. If not then telemetry is only the battery monitor, other sensor will not work. The low speed sbus is required for multiple sensor but not needed if you only want battery voltage

Code:
What’s new?
 S-bus2 receiver is supported for D-Bus port.
 Height limit is added in the Tool.
EDIT:

I just did a quick test now it compatible with multiple telemetry but not that you need it anyway since iOSD is available. It is good to know however that there is that option
TruckBasher is offline Find More Posts by TruckBasher
Last edited by TruckBasher; Dec 02, 2012 at 03:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:39 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckBasher View Post
yes thru SBUS 2 and the built in battery sensor port. tho this require to set the SBUS to low speed the the default high speed. Last time this did not work with wookong but since DJI said on 5.16 it will be compatible to SBUS2 I hope it will work. If not then telemetry is only the battery monitor, other sensor will not work. The low speed sbus is required for multiple sensor but not needed if you only want battery voltage

Code:
What’s new?
 S-bus2 receiver is supported for D-Bus port.
 Height limit is added in the Tool.
EDIT:

I just did a quick test now it compatible with multiple telemetry but not that you need it anyway since iOSD is available. It is good to know however that there is that option
Are you saying you can have all the sensor read outs from wkm to a futaba radio screen? Via s bus2.
Just like the Mk and graupner radios?
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:23 PM
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
538 Posts
Nuvali Evoliving Aerial Shots (1 min 44 sec)

Some aerial shots for Nuvali Evoliving, a real estate development 30-minutes south of Manila, Philippines.
Ab74 is offline Find More Posts by Ab74
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:25 PM
Portugal, Lisbon, Cascais
Joined Mar 2010
327 Posts
Great job!
semich is offline Find More Posts by semich
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:19 AM
Joined Oct 2011
473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexa View Post
Are you saying you can have all the sensor read outs from wkm to a futaba radio screen? Via s bus2.
Just like the Mk and graupner radios?
Sadly no, DJI+futaba is not at that level yet in terms of telemetry...what I meant is that the telemetry via iOSD on the video monitor so you dont need futaba sensors...

me personally having another battery monitor and a variometer for the futaba telemetry is good enough and maybe the temp sensor (but not necessary)
TruckBasher is offline Find More Posts by TruckBasher
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:30 AM
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab74 View Post
https://vimeo.com/54712589
Some aerial shots for Nuvali Evoliving, a real estate development 30-minutes south of Manila, Philippines.
Nice job Arnold. The tilt and shift effect looks great.
Paul@SCC is offline Find More Posts by Paul@SCC
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:28 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2012
421 Posts
Seperate power options?

I'm currently running my s800/wkm/z15n/900mhzDatalink/iOSD/5.8vTX all from 2 x 4400mah 6C batt packs. Warmer weather was fine (15min flights) but I'm finding as it cools I've lost almost half my flight time even keeping the batteries warm. Just wondering if anyone else out there is powering the z15n/iOSD/vTX(and soon retracts) seperately? I was thinking of hooking a 3300mah 4C up to power them seperately hoping it may increase flight time?

Thoughts? In theory it makes sense that it might but... Has anyone tried this type of setup? What were the results?
apvxtreme is offline Find More Posts by apvxtreme
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:16 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2012
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvxtreme View Post
I'm currently running my s800/wkm/z15n/900mhzDatalink/iOSD/5.8vTX all from 2 x 4400mah 6C batt packs. Warmer weather was fine (15min flights) but I'm finding as it cools I've lost almost half my flight time even keeping the batteries warm. Just wondering if anyone else out there is powering the z15n/iOSD/vTX(and soon retracts) seperately? I was thinking of hooking a 3300mah 4C up to power them seperately hoping it may increase flight time?

Thoughts? In theory it makes sense that it might but... Has anyone tried this type of setup? What were the results?
nevermind, if I pull power separately for the z15/iOSD/vTX I lose volt meter on iOSD...

hmm. guess I better up it to 2 x 7000mah 6c. (eek x 2 packs that's $1200...)
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:39 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,068 Posts
Quote:
hmm. guess I better up it to 2 x 7000mah 6c. (eek x 2 packs that's $1200...)
Are you buying packs that use 24 karat gold shrink wrap?

Or you could just use these like many others here are doing with 100% success.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16228
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:04 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2012
421 Posts
Oh yeah, forgot about them Zippys. I was looking at Maxamps. I currently fly thunderpower and am very happy with them I just want to max out what the bird is capable of handling.

Have you heard of anyone running 2 x 8000mah in parallel? Would it bother the S800 bring that it's recommended mah is 10-15000mah?

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
Are you buying packs that use 24 karat gold shrink wrap?

Or you could just use these like many others here are doing with 100% success.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16228
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:40 AM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,846 Posts
Quote:
Oh yeah, forgot about them Zippys. I was looking at Maxamps. I currently fly thunderpower and am very happy with them I just want to max out what the bird is capable of handling.

Have you heard of anyone running 2 x 8000mah in parallel? Would it bother the S800 bring that it's recommended mah is 10-15000mah?

Cheers!

That might be reaching "the law of diminishing returns" with 16,000 mah.

We have 6s 10,000mah packs being made for us. Won't be ready for a couple weeks thou.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:55 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,068 Posts
There are some that have run 2x 6S 8000s but personally I haven't tried it. I'm sure a few will chime in with their findings. I might try it with my 5N version of the Z15 but the the G version and the heavier GH2 and all that weight I probably wouldn't be comfortable doing so.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:46 AM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
Quote:

Cheers!
You read what digitech posted about the maxiamps? 5c
flyingbiscuit1 is offline Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:39 PM
Joined Oct 2004
1,087 Posts
Hi there,

I have a quick question. Isn't it that the Z15 gimbal works in unison with the Wookong-M?! What I mean is, that any other gimbal only "reacts" to attitude changes, whereas the Z15 is being "told" by the Wookong-M that a change is about to happen, and the Z15 corrects it in "advance"... Not sure if I am explaining it right?!

thanks,

G
neavissa is online now Find More Posts by neavissa
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:51 PM
Milledgeville Ga
Joined Feb 2008
103 Posts
From what I've been reading in my searches and experiments, you will have stability on all three axis but no control over them. I'm currently without a compass and my zen calibrates plus is stable on all axis but I have no response to gimbal commands from my transmitter. Plus the gimbal drifts as there isn't any compass readings I assume. Maybe someone can unplug their zen from the compass and see if they get the same results. Kinda was surprised that it wouldn't respond to commands but have read of two others that say thats the case.
jhamlinjr is offline Find More Posts by jhamlinjr