SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 20, 2012, 11:19 AM
Registered Abuser
Joined Nov 2010
573 Posts
witespy, are you planning to rtf a ht-fpv?
lostheli is offline Find More Posts by lostheli
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2012, 12:55 PM
United States, CA, NEWBERRY SPGS
Joined Feb 2012
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostheli View Post
witespy, are you planning to rtf a ht-fpv?
Go to his page... It's an option when you order.
csned1 is offline Find More Posts by csned1
Old May 20, 2012, 03:16 PM
Registered Abuser
Joined Nov 2010
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by csned1 View Post
Go to his page... It's an option when you order.
hmm not for me.
lostheli is offline Find More Posts by lostheli
Old May 20, 2012, 03:26 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,270 Posts
Yes. ht-fpv frame in a ready to fly setup is coming.. soon as I can get some frames.

but with this new camera system, I find its almost not needed, The ht-fpv is a lot heaver, I think the quads fly awesome,maybe even better the ht-fpv, Its a close call... you not get much props in the video with the horzenHD camera and VC450 frame.

I have seen a couple of the frames go up for sale, because they can not get it to fly like they want it too. no problems with it just different. But I hope to get them soon. I do have some killer components for it
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Last edited by witespy; May 20, 2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old May 20, 2012, 06:39 PM
Joined Jan 2012
17 Posts
Well, I finally popped my cherry on crashing. Was practicing some hard banking turns and saw the prop glint in the sun as it came off and floated down gently. The rest of the quad wasn't so lucky and came in at around 25-30mph. Oh well, figured this was a good enough excuse to rip apart the quad and figure out how everything works.

The frame is amazing. One arm in particular took the brunt of the damage, as it was the first thing to touch the ground during impact. There are three, maybe four cracks in the whole arm, and the entire arm is slanted a bit. Other than that, I'm out a prop, two motors, and the velcro battery strap. The battery connector also broke free from the zip-tie and the hot glue mounting. Which saved me the hassle of having to disconnect the battery. I will also be replacing the slightly damaged arm, just as a precaution.

From looking around, I assume these are the same motors that witespy supplies with the 450 quad?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_20_28M.html

Also going to take this opportunity to upgrade the bottom plate to the tabbed version, and will be adding light strips, just for the heck of it.

While a crappy experience, it definitely was a good thing to rip the quad apart and learn how everything is wired and such. And I will be looking into prop savers and taking a harder look at my pre-flight check list.
Techpriest09 is offline Find More Posts by Techpriest09
Old May 20, 2012, 07:26 PM
A Snickering Hound
United States, SC, Myrtle Beach
Joined Jan 2012
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techpriest09 View Post
Well, I finally popped my cherry on crashing. Was practicing some hard banking turns and saw the prop glint in the sun as it came off and floated down gently. The rest of the quad wasn't so lucky and came in at around 25-30mph. Oh well, figured this was a good enough excuse to rip apart the quad and figure out how everything works.

The frame is amazing. One arm in particular took the brunt of the damage, as it was the first thing to touch the ground during impact. There are three, maybe four cracks in the whole arm, and the entire arm is slanted a bit. Other than that, I'm out a prop, two motors, and the velcro battery strap. The battery connector also broke free from the zip-tie and the hot glue mounting. Which saved me the hassle of having to disconnect the battery. I will also be replacing the slightly damaged arm, just as a precaution.

From looking around, I assume these are the same motors that witespy supplies with the 450 quad?

Also going to take this opportunity to upgrade the bottom plate to the tabbed version, and will be adding light strips, just for the heck of it.

While a crappy experience, it definitely was a good thing to rip the quad apart and learn how everything is wired and such. And I will be looking into prop savers and taking a harder look at my pre-flight check list.
+1
Bought my RTF witespy 450 knowing very little about the internals and how everything worked together. I tore mine apart to transfer/upgrade the electronics to an HT-FPV frame. That taught me a ton about the quad and will hopefully make me a better pilot.

I'm actually thinking about reverting to a 450/550 frame. Not because I'm disappointed in the FPV frame or have any issues with it, I just find that (for me) the 450 is more fun to fly.

Oh, and yes the Keda 2028 motors are what came standard on my original 450.
Muddie is offline Find More Posts by Muddie
RCG Plus Member
Old May 20, 2012, 07:58 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,270 Posts
yes. Those come from the same factory. I order upgraded bearing with my motors. you can mix them and they will work. They are also the same as "carbon bird" motors. Just Different prop adapter style
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old May 21, 2012, 01:15 PM
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jul 2004
2,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techpriest09 View Post

You sure do have a great attitude. I crashed my WiteSpy quad from real high onto the paved road in front of my house....I was sure it was a total loss but I only had a bent motor, broken arm and scuffed up dome. That WiteSpy Quad is tuff!!!
AlanFlorida is offline Find More Posts by AlanFlorida
Old May 21, 2012, 06:35 PM
ps556
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Feb 2007
15 Posts
Hi all, for the life of me I cannot place and international order (to New Zealand) from the witespy website. I have tried with IE, Chrome and FireFox but when you request a shipping price it returns you no data.

I could place the order via PayPal but the amout that gets transfered across is only the cost of the quad. Again there is no shipping.

Has anyone else been able to complete international orders? It's driving me nutty, I really want to place an order......
jmustoe is offline Find More Posts by jmustoe
Old May 21, 2012, 06:59 PM
Flying High Again!
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Sep 2005
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmustoe View Post
Hi all, for the life of me I cannot place and international order (to New Zealand) from the witespy website. I have tried with IE, Chrome and FireFox but when you request a shipping price it returns you no data.

I could place the order via PayPal but the amout that gets transfered across is only the cost of the quad. Again there is no shipping.

Has anyone else been able to complete international orders? It's driving me nutty, I really want to place an order......
You probably will have to give him a call, I have herd of this problem only once before. His name is Paul. He's a great guy to talk with, or send him an email.
Triptykon is offline Find More Posts by Triptykon
Last edited by Triptykon; May 21, 2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old May 21, 2012, 09:18 PM
Joined Jan 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanFlorida View Post
You sure do have a great attitude. I crashed my WiteSpy quad from real high onto the paved road in front of my house....I was sure it was a total loss but I only had a bent motor, broken arm and scuffed up dome. That WiteSpy Quad is tuff!!!
Yeah, it was my fault it crashed, so I figured there was no point in getting mad. Since the prop came off, I had no control, and there was nothing but the ground to hit, so I just killed the throttle and waited to see if the quad would live up to its hype. And it did!

Witespy, I was just on your site, and noticed that you now have these motors.
http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/mot...le-20-28m.html

Would these be just as good as the hobbyking ones? Rather buy from you and not have to wait forever for hobbyking. Thanks.
Techpriest09 is offline Find More Posts by Techpriest09
Old May 21, 2012, 10:13 PM
Joined Apr 2012
98 Posts
Can't wait to get my FPV parts for the 450. Visual orientation while LOS is tough for us older folk. I use light banks on front and rear with different patterns and I am colorblind so I need pattern, not color to help fly it. The little orange ball means nothing if you cannot see orange at 200'! Yes, these things need a FPV camera, mine is coming.

BTW, also had a pretty good crash Sunday and all I did was break one landing gear strut and chip a prop. Blew off the grass and had it back in the air at once.Very windy day and good to practice flying.
Diamondback68 is offline Find More Posts by Diamondback68
Old May 23, 2012, 01:09 PM
Quadrophenia
Seattle
Joined Mar 2009
915 Posts
Hi,

What is the sensor module on the Horyzon HD camera used for?

e
egaus is offline Find More Posts by egaus
Old May 23, 2012, 01:39 PM
Joined Apr 2007
544 Posts
well I'm getting frustrated..

my witespy quad with Naza is acting NutZ..

flew it yesterday and it was perfect...changed battery..

now I have hold aileron almost all left to get it level..

watt happened?

it throws these fits it seems everytime I try to show it to someone..?

id say maybe a lazy motor but it flies great then it the next flight it just goes bananas..!

how does the Naza get its bearing on level flight..

on startup or on battery power-up??
help..!
RocketJoe is offline Find More Posts by RocketJoe
Old May 23, 2012, 01:47 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketJoe View Post
well I'm getting frustrated..

my witespy quad with Naza is acting NutZ..

flew it yesterday and it was perfect...changed battery..

now I have hold aileron almost all left to get it level..

watt happened?

it throws these fits it seems everytime I try to show it to someone..?

id say maybe a lazy motor but it flies great then it the next flight it just goes bananas..!

how does the Naza get its bearing on level flight..

on startup or on battery power-up??
help..!
I know with my Copter Control, i need to give it a good 10-20 seconds between packs, and a good 5-10 seconds after i plug it in.

So, i like to have a drink of pop or something in between changing packs. sometimes if i do it to quickly, there will be some excess drift. I think this has to do with the acc. or gyro's not fully in thier zero setting when i plug the new battery in.
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete