HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old May 20, 2010, 11:30 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,094 Posts
Discussion
2.4 install best practices for a 2 antenna Receiver?

Guys,

I was wondering if there are any best practices for a two antenna receiver installation. Many of the manufacturers offer two antenna receivers as do some of the module manufacturers.

Futaba does not suggest orientation in the 6008/6014 and Spektrum/Jr offers some thoughts. I am looking into Hitec and Airtronics and will update.

Should it always be left and right side out at a 45 degree angle?

Is it better to have one in the nose adn the other vertical out top or bottom?

What works best vs. what is recommended?

I figure this might be helpful for any newbees to 2.4 and istallation in a DLG.

I know what some of the manufacturers recommend but has this been proven to work best in practice?

thanks

Frank
Fly2High is offline Find More Posts by Fly2High
Last edited by Fly2High; May 20, 2010 at 12:44 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2010, 11:58 AM
Fly R/C writer
Redlands, Ca
Joined Dec 2004
1,934 Posts
Hi Frank,

It kind of depends on the rx you use. I have mine equipped with the AR500 rx, which has one long antenna and one short one. I placed the long one out the left side of the fuselage about halfway down the side at the mid-point of the wing saddle. The short one is sticking out on the right side about halfway down in the nose. This has been a reliable set up for me.

For some other ideas on antenna installs, check out The 2-Point-4 Chronicles at my web-site, http://mysite.verizon.net/respri94

Here you will read about the testing and research we performed to debunk some of the myths and hearsay on 2.4Mhz use. We find out about things that are not supposed to work, but do, and things that are supposed to work, but don't. Myths are busted and practical application is explored. It's all commercial free, no fees or cost to you, and heck, I don't even want to know your email! Just download and enjoy.

Thanks!
Mike Lee
mlee8249 is offline Find More Posts by mlee8249
Old May 20, 2010, 12:01 PM
a.k.a. Matt Nelson
North Tustin, CA
Joined Oct 2008
1,781 Posts
There have been two threads recently on this topic. One started by G_T and an earlier one started by me.

-m@
MattN is online now Find More Posts by MattN
RCG Plus Member
Old May 20, 2010, 12:44 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,094 Posts
No prob. I'll close it.

I did not know that.
Fly2High is offline Find More Posts by Fly2High
Closed Thread