SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:02 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
Sorry. I can't understand this. I've tried.
It isn't that difficult to understand what he posted.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:46 PM
Harold
United States, OK, Davis
Joined Feb 2010
132 Posts
thanks wrightme, im guessing that its easy for some to hide behind there computer,ill send you a pm here in a min,you can post what i have to say
bigfoot3387 is offline Find More Posts by bigfoot3387
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:47 PM
Harold
United States, OK, Davis
Joined Feb 2010
132 Posts
sorry that last was for dw
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:18 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,416 Posts
I understand perfectly what you're saying bigfoot. The problem must be on his end.

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:29 PM
Harold
United States, OK, Davis
Joined Feb 2010
132 Posts
thanks,the point that these guys that bully someone needs to know,not all of us are sane,and some may take it more personal than others,i just sent a pm to dw for his address,maby he can show me what im doing wrong,maby i should have not done that, but then agian maby i should
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:01 PM
Addiction Defined
United States, CA, Simi Valley
Joined Nov 2011
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfoot3387 View Post
thanks,the point that these guys that bully someone needs to know,not all of us are sane,and some may take it more personal than others,i just sent a pm to dw for his address,maby he can show me what im doing wrong,maby i should have not done that, but then agian maby i should
Bigfoot, don't let the nasty few drag you to their level. Be careful with what you post here and in pm's . you will wind up getting the violations. You will never get judged for spelling or grammar by the real people who truly wish to help. It always seems that those who have zero input are those who pick on spelling etc. They were never taught that if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.
MX
mx_ata2d is offline Find More Posts by mx_ata2d
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2013, 06:07 AM
Krueminator
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,103 Posts
Why are the suggestions for a spell check being ignored? Ispell is free. I'm not condoning bullying. However, it has it's place in this world. I was bullied in school because I was skiny and weak. That bullying lead me to get on a health kick, and start working out. It made me take a look at myself, and gave me motivation to better myself. By the end of my school career, I was much bigger, stronger, and faster than the bullies. I was also a better person, as I forgave them, and did not seek revenge. I actually thanked one of them. The look on his face was one of confusion, and fear that I may be there to seek an eye for an eye.
The point is, Bigfoot, you may have a learning disablility. However, it should not be used for an excuse for not considering how it frustrates others, and causes problems when something like a simple spellcheck/grammer check can help the issue, while you ignore the advice.
If you want others to respect your disablility, you must respect others frustration when trying to figure out what you have posted. You must ask yourself "Am I doing everything I can to help others understand me?" As I pointed out early, there are a lot of threads in Trader Talk about deals that have gone horribly wrong that involve people that post much like you do. You can not expect people to be warm and fuzzy about your post when history shows what it does about posts like that. Bullying may be wrong, but expecting it to be nonexsistent is naive.
I wish you luck in your struggle. Don't give up the struggle, and expect others to strugle with your disablity more than you are willing too at this point.

Here is a link to a free spellcheck. Hope it helps a little.
http://www.iespell.com/download.php
JCMorgan is offline Find More Posts by JCMorgan
Last edited by JCMorgan; Feb 21, 2013 at 08:02 AM.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:35 AM
# Scale is a way of life
United States, OH, Avon Lake
Joined Apr 2010
1,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMorgan View Post
Why are the suggestions for a spell check being ignored? Ispell is free. I'm not condoning bullying. However, it has it's place in this world. I was bullied in school because I was skiny and weak. That bullying lead me to get on a health kick, and start working out. It made me take a look at myself, and gave me motivation to better myself. By the end of my school career, I was much bigger, stronger, and faster than the bullies. I was also a better person, as I forgave them, and did not seek revenge. I actually thanked one of them. The look on his face was one of confusion, and fear that I may be there to seek an eye for an eye.
The point is, Bigfoot, you may have a learning disablility. However, it should not be used for an excuse for not considering how it frustrates others, and causes problems when something like a simple spellcheck/grammer check can help the issue, while you ignore the advice.
If you want others to respect your disablility, you must respect others frustration when trying to figure out what you have posted. You must ask yourself "Am I doing everything I can to help others understand me?" As I pointed out early, there are a lot of threads in Trader Talk about deals that have gone horribly wrong that involve people that post much like you do. You can not expect people to be warm and fuzzy about your post when history shows what it does about posts like that. Bullying may be wrong, but expecting it to be nonexsistent is naive.
I wish you luck in your struggle. Don't give up the struggle, and expect others to strugle with your disablity more than you are willing too at this point.

I had no problem figuring out anything he was saying,,,

My Google spell check counts 7 errors in your post,, A little of the pot calling the kettle black,, No?
scale_only is online now Find More Posts by scale_only
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:04 AM
Harold
United States, OK, Davis
Joined Feb 2010
132 Posts
+1 scale, jc really i use the one on here, its got me around with only 2 complaints since i joined and have made deals sold alot bout alot , i think that's pretty good,and the complaints just know coming in the last week,i cant see where your point is,maby i need a little more work,but some also do
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:41 AM
Intentionally left blank
Joined Aug 2005
925 Posts
Quote:

If you are using it, it doesn't work very well. Perhaps you also strugle fight with a disablity, disablility problem which isn't nonexsistent unreal.
Magrat is offline Find More Posts by Magrat
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:13 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,798 Posts
I'm too tolerant. It must stop !

I'm not having any trouble understanding what he says...I pretend I'm a teacher,and add punctuation where it's needed.
Some folks have difficulty with learning disabilities, and rather than get upset with them, let's try to understand the problem.
Those of us lucky enough to sail through life with words and thoughts easily formed cannot understand why those folks are making our lives difficult with poor spelling and punctuation.
It's not intentional-I've learned that even with extreme effort, the words are offered misspelled and improperly punctuated. They can't 'fix' it, without years of therapy and medication..-the words they type'appear' correct to them.
I'm all about figuring it out, on my end, and moving along.
Can we get back to whatever the topic is ?
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:57 AM
Krueminator
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magrat View Post
If you are using it, it doesn't work very well. Perhaps you also struggle fight with a disability, disability problem which isn't nonexistent unreal.
Yeah, I posted that from my phone, which has no spell check, and the virtual keyboard is new to me, and is taking some getting use to. You should try to read a text from me.

So, let me see if I understand you guys point of view on this.

By suggesting he try to better himself, and aid his disability so that communication for him would be easier, and better, I'm bullying him?

However, your advice is for him to just keep doing what he is, and the rest of the world is a bully if they dare suggest they can't understand him and that his communication skills need some more effort from him? The rest of the World should have to adapt to him while asking him to put effort into improving is bullying?

Sorry, but you can not soften real life for people. Telling this guy that it's OK, and there is no need to put any effort into his disability, and the rest of the world are bullies that he shouldn't have to face is NOT the right advice. It may help his hurt feelings for a bit, but in no way is it helping him.

Hard Truth: Life is hard, people are cruel, and the weak fall behind. I didn't make it that way, and I don't like it, but it simply is what it is, and to believe anyone here is going to change the world in this persons lifetime is simply ridiculous Hollywood BS, and not reality. Telling him his "problem" isn't a problem IS NOT good advice, and does more harm than any "bullying" that actually points out the problem and the need for continued effort on his part.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:00 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,385 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, I posted that from my phone, which has no spell check, and the virtual keyboard is new to me, and is taking some getting use to. You should try to read a text from me.

So, let me see if I understand you guys point of view on this.

By suggesting he try to better himself, and aid his disability so that communication for him would be easier, and better, I'm bullying him?

However, your advice is for him to just keep doing what he is, and the rest of the world is a bully if they dare suggest they can't understand him and that his communication skills need some more effort from him? The rest of the World should have to adapt to him while asking him to put effort into improving is bullying?

Sorry, but you can not soften real life for people. Telling this guy that it's OK, and there is no need to put any effort into his disability, and the rest of the world are bullies that he shouldn't have to face is NOT the right advice. It may help his hurt feelings for a bit, but in no way is it helping him.

Hard Truth: Life is hard, people are cruel, and the weak fall behind. I didn't make it that way, and I don't like it, but it simply is what it is, and to believe anyone here is going to change the world in this persons lifetime is simply ridiculous Hollywood BS, and not reality. Telling him his "problem" isn't a problem IS NOT good advice, and does more harm than any "bullying" that actually points out the problem and the need for continued effort on his part.
It's not your place to imply that anyone needs to better themself.
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:37 PM
Krueminator
United States
Joined Apr 2012
1,103 Posts
Know what? You're right.

Bigfoot, Carry on. Anybody that dare point out that your post is unintelligible, or has trouble understanding you is a bully, and we shouldn't allow it here.

BTW for the record, I never bullied anyone.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:06 AM
Lou
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,558 Posts
Quote:
Yep, absolutely true and agree completely with this statement.

One of the forum software that I build themes for, has another theme builder that has been a quad paraplegic for all of his adult life. Imagine typing what I just typed by holding a stick between your teeth. Imagine building a theme, editing the css sheets and php sheets, all with a wooden stick in your mouth. Yet he still manages to communicate effectively and efficently with his customers.What he did was to identify himself as a quad via his profile. It goes a long ways to letting people know to give a bit of slack. Personally I do not see where anyone was bullied. Far too many young adults are using poor grammer in their day to day communications, hard to tell the lazy from those that truly have a problem.
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member