HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:30 PM
Scammers need to go!
Slidell, La
Joined Oct 2006
1,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
I think it's still $150.00. He paid that to you, then got that back, so basically he is "up" your heli.

Your best chance is PP. Your first call will go overseas, just escalate. Stay calm and focused on your calls, although it's annoying beyond belief to have to spend your time.

The other guy had relatively good feedback with little indication that this was his MO.
You are correct. I wasn't thinking clearly, it is only $150.00 I closed my pay-pal account and my ebay seller account. I will no longer be selling on ebay. I plan to open a new pay-pal account only to buy from my trusted stores on ebay and trusted fellow members. This has been one heck of an experience! The rep at ebay did say that since this is my first issue since I first signed up in 05 that they will rule in my favor. I wonder if it was to happen again if they would automatically rule in favor of the buyer
HyperHelis is online now Find More Posts by HyperHelis
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:20 PM
D W
I love you man.
United States, NY, Pelham
Joined Sep 2002
2,743 Posts
I'm sorry. What benefit does he get from claiming the package weighed thirty pounds? Does PayPal refund return postage if he is successful with his "dispute" (read: scam) and he is trying to up that?
D W is online now Find More Posts by D W
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:49 PM
Planes, Guitars and Cigars
Joined May 2002
3,171 Posts
Was this shipped in the retail box or double boxed? If in the retail box alone it is very possible that it could have been tampered with by a UPS holiday temp worker.
If the buyer is still openly communication and sounds sincere it may be worth reporting to UPS to see what they know.
Steve_A_Reno is offline Find More Posts by Steve_A_Reno