62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:02 PM
RC Newb/Gorilla Glue User
United States, OH
Joined Jul 2011
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
They absolutely jibe with his letter. The major cost of Obamacare has not come into place yet. That alone will tremendously add to his costs. There are other companies stating they will cut headcount or trim hours to avoid the costs. What he said is exactly correct and he is not alone.

I don't care if he is a bad guy or if his customers like him. That has nothing to do with his letter.
People who lack an argument will attack the messenger, rather than the substance of the message.

Because they can't. They have nothing.
WingNut64 is online now Find More Posts by WingNut64
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:26 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62pilot View Post
Yet another dumb arse "Pulling A Rmoney"
There's more and more of them by the day.
RumRunner_1492 is online now Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:35 PM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,167 Posts
Quote:
They absolutely jibe with his letter. The major cost of Obamacare has not come into place yet. That alone will tremendously add to his costs. There are other companies stating they will cut headcount or trim hours to avoid the costs. What he said is exactly correct and he is not alone.

I don't care if he is a bad guy or if his customers like him. That has nothing to do with his letter.
You have no idea how many of his employees have employer provided health care. Neither do you know if they are part time or full time. So you cannot make the absolute statements you made without knowing more than you know.
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:37 PM
sensitive artsy type
Joined Feb 2004
3,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingNut64 View Post
People who lack an argument will attack the messenger, rather than the substance of the message.

Because they can't. They have nothing.
You must have missed it. The guy hired 2000 people under the Obama administration after laying off 7000 under the Bush administration, then claims the economy has gotten worse under Obama. He needs to learn math.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:39 PM
sensitive artsy type
Joined Feb 2004
3,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harris View Post
Read up, then:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...iw=948&bih=680

Quote:
Sexual Harassment Lawsuit

Westgate Founder David Siegel was found guilty of sexual harassment in a lawsuit brought by former Westgate employee Georgette Meyers.[4] Meyers worked for Westgate for 14 years. She claimed that Siegel offered a million dollars to have sex with her. Meyers claimed that she had to repeatedly fight off unwanted advances from Siegel, and a Florida court awarded Meyers $5.4 Million in damages in February 2008.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westgate_Resorts

Siegel is a real winner:
That is freaking awesome!

Have sex with you for $1 million? No thanks, but I will take $5.4 million and not have sex with you. What a tool this guy is.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:42 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop View Post
You have no idea how many of his employees have employer provided health care. Neither do you know if they are part time or full time. So you cannot make the absolute statements you made without knowing more than you know.
I can look at the actions other companies are taking and the content of his letter and make a pretty accurate statement. What he is claiming is not unique so I see no reason not to take him at his word. It jibes with others.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:44 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
You must have missed it. The guy hired 2000 people under the Obama administration after laying off 7000 under the Bush administration, then claims the economy has gotten worse under Obama. He needs to learn math.
You have no idea what the salaries of the people he let go and brought on were or if those people were brought on through aquisitions or other means. You are in no position to make an absolute statement about something you can't know.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:23 PM
sensitive artsy type
Joined Feb 2004
3,167 Posts
Quote:
You have no idea what the salaries of the people he let go and brought on were or if those people were brought on through aquisitions or other means. You are in no position to make an absolute statement about something you can't know.
Not the same. If the economy had gotten worse under Obama, it is logical that something like timeshares would feel it hard, and he would have been laying more off, rather than hiring. Unless he is just really stupid.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:20 AM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,106 Posts
Quote:
Not the same. If the economy had gotten worse under Obama, it is logical that something like timeshares would feel it hard, and he would have been laying more off, rather than hiring. Unless he is just really stupid.
Perhaps so assuming it were sales staff or upper management that was let go....on t5he other hand maintenance/service/support staff would continue to be needed regardless the economic climate.Those workers ,generally on the arse end of the pay scale woiuld continue to be employed and hired as replacements needed.I would imagin e there might be a high turnover rate .
daddiozz is offline Find More Posts by daddiozz
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:47 AM
sensitive artsy type
Joined Feb 2004
3,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddiozz View Post
Perhaps so assuming it were sales staff or upper management that was let go....on t5he other hand maintenance/service/support staff would continue to be needed regardless the economic climate.Those workers ,generally on the arse end of the pay scale woiuld continue to be employed and hired as replacements needed.I would imagin e there might be a high turnover rate .
The article is worded in a way that turnover is not the case. Although a part of that could be the place he opened in Las Vegas requiring more employees, still, doesn't fit with economy getting worse. What got worse for him was the economy before Obama. That is readily apparent in the decline in his personal wealth, and the laying off of 7000 of 12,000 employees. We can "what if" till the cows come home. The facts we have are he increased his number of employees by 40% under Obama. That is expansion at 10% per year and his letter states that the economy has gotten worse. He has hoisted himself with his own petard on this one.

People seem to forget how bad things were in late 2008 and early 2009. At least, I assume they forget.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:51 AM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,645 Posts
I don't care if the guys eats puppies for breakfast... It's his business, he can run it as he likes.

It's not a publicly traded company is it? If so stock holders can walk if they want to.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I am back, such as it is...
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:01 AM
sensitive artsy type
Joined Feb 2004
3,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks View Post
I don't care if the guys eats puppies for breakfast... It's his business, he can run it as he likes.

It's not a publicly traded company is it? If so stock holders can walk if they want to.
Who said anything different? I could care less what he does with his money or his business. When he starts lying to spread the propaganda, it gets noted, and has been.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:07 AM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
And in current news:
Quote:
Romney Told Bosses to Tell Their Employees Whom to Vote For

Mitt Romney wants your vote. And if you're a small business owner, he wants your employees' votes as well and insists that there's nothing wrong with giving them a little guidance this election cycle. On June 6, Romney led a conference call with support from the über-conservative National Federation of Independent Business and -- to cut to the chase -- urged the bosses on the call to persuade their employees to vote for him in the upcoming election.

"I hope you make it very clear to your employees what you believe is in the best interest of your enterprise and therefore their job and their future in the upcoming elections," said Romney in a recording obtained by In These Times. "Nothing illegal about you talking to your employees about what you believe is best for the business, because I think that will figure into their election decision, their voting decision and of course doing that with your family and your kids as well."

http://news.yahoo.com/romney-told-bo...3Rpb25z;_ylv=3
So this is why there has been a recent flurry of employers "suggesting to" employess that they'll have layoffs if Obama is elected again.

Good domestic diplomacy, too, Mitt.

--Bill
Jacques Flambeau is offline Find More Posts by Jacques Flambeau
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:34 AM
sensitive artsy type
Joined Feb 2004
3,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harris View Post
And in current news:

So this is why there has been a recent flurry of employers "suggesting to" employess that they'll have layoffs if Obama is elected again.

Good domestic diplomacy, too, Mitt.

--Bill
Better yet, get them to vote absentee, and make them let you fill out their ballots, hey, you own their job, you own them... right?