HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:16 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
813 Posts
Discussion
Eurocopter tiger

Yesterday i manage to do some work on the cockpit for the tiger,the pilots that comes with it are not truly the best looking on the market,with some small modification i think in the end that somewhat i got it to look decent, i bought some uniforms from uk from the series " hm armed forces" and clothed up the figures,the nice thing is that the sets comes with helmets with moving visires
Which is good,one complete set cost about 10£ and are worth every penny
Since they are really good looking with map pockets on the legs,gradue stripes on the shoulders etc..sorry for poor quality on the pics taken with a ipad

Cheers
Jack
viggen65 is offline Find More Posts by viggen65
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:07 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
813 Posts
Yesterday I worked on my Tiger, the fuse is almost completed, just has to do the rear antenna sitting on the fuse, I have updated the chaos maingear to Mikados herrinbone gear, ther reason for this is mainly to get the proper rpm with mine batterypacks, also the quality is much better then the supplied one, now just waiting for kin to update the gears on the SM raised tail and also Heliartist that are updating theirs TT umbrella gear in the mainmech, I have the TF Imds system but dont want to major mods to the fuse at this time, i Have used tamiyas
acrylic paint fot the camo, flat black,Nato black and semi gloss mixed together, the fuse is equipped with nav lights all around from Hobby King.

Cheers
Jack
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:42 AM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,464 Posts
Looks really good, Jack. Hope it gets in the air soon.

Don
Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:43 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrigger View Post
Looks really good, Jack. Hope it gets in the air soon.

Don
Thanks Don,Appreciated!!

Waiting for the blades and Beast X to get it complete..

Cheers
Jack
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:14 PM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,236 Posts
i just waiting the new bigger gear arrival .
kin is online now Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:47 PM
Fresno, California
Joined Mar 2007
2,594 Posts
Why is there updated gear for the tail? I have the elevated tail setup but havent built it yet.
BigGuyJT is online now Find More Posts by BigGuyJT
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:12 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGuyJT View Post
Why is there updated gear for the tail? I have the elevated tail setup but havent built it yet.
Reason for that is that it is unshure if they can hold up for a Hw setup,kin has decided to upgrade the gears which soon gone be realeased,also heliartist that
Are the manufacturer of the fuse and are supplying the gears for lovering the tail
Are updating the gears soon,inflight failurs has been reported.

Cheers
Jack
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:57 PM
Fresno, California
Joined Mar 2007
2,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Söderberg View Post
Reason for that is that it is unshure if they can hold up for a Hw setup,kin has decided to upgrade the gears which soon gone be realeased,also heliartist that
Are the manufacturer of the fuse and are supplying the gears for lovering the tail

Cheers
Jack
Ok thatnks for the info. Keep up the good work on your build!
BigGuyJT is online now Find More Posts by BigGuyJT
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:30 PM
Joined Jul 2007
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Söderberg View Post

Cheers
Jack
Yes, thats right, there will be surface hardened steel bevel gears available this month, for all our elevated tail series. The setup fails easily with a quad head, as by lowering N2 rpms to almost the half, the tail shaft drive has to cope with almost the double amount of torque. This upgrade will consist of a total of 6 bevel gears, as we found that the original align bevel gears will fail too, no just the two in the 140deg box, but also the two ninety deg bevels on the tail rotor shaft and the 2nd stage gear. The set will also include new shafts, shim washers and installation hardware. Will keep you posted.

Michael
mpnemo is offline Find More Posts by mpnemo
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:27 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpnemo View Post
Yes, thats right, there will be surface hardened steel bevel gears available this month, for all our elevated tail series. The setup fails easily with a quad head, as by lowering N2 rpms to almost the half, the tail shaft drive has to cope with almost the double amount of torque. This upgrade will consist of a total of 6 bevel gears, as we found that the original align bevel gears will fail too, no just the two in the 140deg box, but also the two ninety deg bevels on the tail rotor shaft and the 2nd stage gear. The set will also include new shafts, shim washers and installation hardware. Will keep you posted.

Michael
That is very good news Michael, do you in this time know the cost for all of us that has purchased the older gears, after being in contact with Heliartist i got the feeling that the upgrade will be free for customers who bought the Tiger fuse but cant say that with shure?

Regards
jack
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:19 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
813 Posts
Hello guys

after some thinking I decided to mount Tf models Imds system on mine Tiger, this because some wonderings and of course my own curiousity

The biggest issue was that a hole had to be done on the other side of the fin
but in the end this didnt ended up so bad at all, im gone clean up the whole and maybe put some alumesh around the whole motor, as you see I have used kins raised tail sys also, this is because i didnt want to use the plastic gearbox suoolied whit the kit, the gears gone be taken out since there no point to have them more, of course attention now has to be taken to get the cg right but dont think this gone be a issue since theres lot of room for the batteries in the front of the fuse and also the imds system is requirering a separate battery, in my case
3s 5000 mah, I have ordered 690 mm halfsymmetrical blades from scaleflying.de
and decided to go for a 8s setup, I had this in mine Hirobo panther with good result and have calculated a main rpm about 1300, the best thing is that the whole tailsystem can be removed without lifting the main mech out in case of maintance.

Cheers
Jack
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:06 AM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
628 Posts
Hi Jack,

The TF system fits very well and it takes out the complete gear mechanics as well.

Looks very good,

I have ordered also the TF system for my BlackHawk and I hope it fits as well as it do with your Tiger.

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:12 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Hi Jack,

The TF system fits very well and it takes out the complete gear mechanics as well.

Looks very good,

I have ordered also the TF system for my BlackHawk and I hope it fits as well as it do with your Tiger.

Jan,
Thank Jan

There are couple of vids as the fly the black hawk with the imds on youtube,search on " tf model imds".....( if you didnt already seen those..)

Cheers
Jack
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:36 AM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
813 Posts
And also made the alumesh when still having all the tool in front of me

Cheers
Jack
Old Feb 21, 2013, 02:26 PM
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Aug 2005
813 Posts
Hi guys

Mine tiger is now ready for electronical tuning,I have put the Tf model scalemech
in it, also the imds system on the tail from the same company, I had to build
upp a new bulhead so I could fit the mech and rise it upp, this was easy done by using 3.5 mm
plywood, I did make "slide in version" like the roban fuses orig has which makes the mech easy detachable but upgraded the rear mechholders to metall.

Bennefit of using this system is that the whole mech can be tiltet somewhat forwards.
The fuse is equipped with navlights all around

The fuse consist of

Sk Helidrive motor
120 A Hv esc
60 A esc to the tail
Graupner Des 577 bb servos on the cyclic
Align Ds 610 for the tail
TF model main and tail head
Mikado V bar black edition

Pilots are orign ugly standard pilots that comes when purhasing the cockpit but are modified with clothes from Hm armed forces series to make the look more scalish.

Flighttests gone be done with a 2 bladed tail running on 4s 5000 mah bat