SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 01, 2012, 01:10 PM
Norway
Joined Feb 2011
66 Posts
HiSky

There will soon be available from HiSky RF modules for Spectrum, JR and Futaba.

Programable TX with a blue screen is already available fram HiSky

There will also very soon be available even a smaller 3D helicopter. The HiSky 80 only weighing 37 gram.

HobbyEUSZH
HobbyEurope is offline Find More Posts by HobbyEurope
Last edited by HobbyEurope; Aug 01, 2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Spelling
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2012, 01:19 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Hope the price is reduced as is it is way too much for a clone
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Aug 02, 2012, 04:20 AM
Norway
Joined Feb 2011
66 Posts
HiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Hope the price is reduced as is it is way too much for a clone
First. It is not a clone.
Then all the "look-a-like" EPO and EPS Cubs and Cessnas made in China are clones too.
This is just a way to make this size and type of helicopter. Not a copy or clone.

The MCPX helicopter is not patented.
The MCPX is made from a number of plastic parts made by some Chinese factories and available for everybody. There are no patent or copyright on these plastic parts.

There is either no patent on brushed motors. Though HiSky uses more powerful motors than MCPX.

There is no patent on a circuit board made for a special purpose. Though HiSky is slightly different from others.

There has been claiming a patent on linear servos from a company in China.
Nine Eagles objected to this and upheld.
HiSky linear servos is not a copy of either of these servos. HiSky uses their own design and different materials.

So HiSky has pretty much succeeded to make their own design of a small helicopter like this with a performance close to a bigger size helicopter.
With the programmable TX it outperforms other similar size helicopters on the market so far.

And to HiSky's honor, they now make their helicopter compatible with other brands of radio systems by providing RF modules for other brands than their own system.

This will be a great advantage for those who want to use their own TX.

The HiSky helicopter will then be sold in two versions. One RTF version with either simple or programmable TX. Another version only with a selected RF module. The RF modules will also be sold separately.

HiSky will of course also continue to develop its existing products and continuously develop new ones. In the near future you will see that the small helicopters will outperform the larger ones. More quick and fast due to lower mass (weight) to move.

The development of advanced micro and mini 3D helicopters is just in the beginning yet.

HobbyEurope
Last edited by HobbyEurope; Aug 02, 2012 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old Aug 02, 2012, 06:56 AM
Italy
Joined Nov 2011
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyEurope View Post
Then all the "look-a-like" EPO and EPS Cubs and Cessnas made in China are clones too.
This is just a way to make this size and type of helicopter. Not a copy or clone.

The MCPX is made from a number of plastic parts made by some Chinese factories and available for everybody. There are no patent or copyright on these plastic parts.

There is either no patent on brushed motors. Though HiSky uses more powerful motors than MCPX.

There is no patent on a circuit board made for a special purpose. Though HiSky is slightly different from others.

HiSky linear servos is not a copy of either of these servos. HiSky uses their own design and different materials.

So HiSky has pretty much succeeded to make their own design of a small helicopter like this with a performance close to a bigger size helicopter.
With the programmable TX it outperforms other similar size helicopters on the market so far.

And to HiSky's honor, they now make their helicopter compatible with other brands of radio systems by providing RF modules for other brands than their own system.

The HiSky helicopter will then be sold in two versions. One RTF version with either simple or programmable TX. Another version only with a selected RF module. The RF modules will also be sold separately.

HiSky will of course also continue to develop its existing products and continuously develop new ones. In the near future you will see that the small helicopters will outperform the larger ones. More quick and fast due to lower mass (weight) to move.

The development of advanced micro and mini 3D helicopters is just in the beginning yet.

HobbyEurope
When this new helicopter with spektrum reciver will be available? What price? Thanks and good job!
Will HiSky also make 4ch helicopter with spektrum receiver?
matrixFLYER is online now Find More Posts by matrixFLYER
Last edited by matrixFLYER; Aug 02, 2012 at 07:55 AM.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 07:49 AM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
What about Turnigy 9x/FlySky TH9x compatibility ???
asanado is offline Find More Posts by asanado
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:01 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanado View Post
What about Turnigy 9x/FlySky TH9x compatibility ???
The 9X radios use a JR module, but slightly different pin-out. Modules like frsky for the JR do work in a 9X no problems.

I was about to unsubscribe from this thread and turn my back on this chopper, but if its sold substantially cheaper with heli and module, ill go for it I reckon.
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:11 AM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
Will it work with the original 9x module? or do I need to replace it to FrSky module?

Thanks
asanado is offline Find More Posts by asanado
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:16 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,244 Posts
It would be easy to make a module that takes the signal from the trainer port. This module will be able to work with a large range of transmitters.

To imply that this heli has nothing to do with the MCPx stretches credibility. Especially since the manufacturer has no record of making micro helis.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Aug 02, 2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:44 AM
Italy
Joined Nov 2011
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
The 9X radios use a JR module, but slightly different pin-out. Modules like frsky for the JR do work in a 9X no problems.

I was about to unsubscribe from this thread and turn my back on this chopper, but if its sold substantially cheaper with heli and module, ill go for it I reckon.
you read my mind
matrixFLYER is online now Find More Posts by matrixFLYER
Old Aug 02, 2012, 10:03 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyEurope View Post

HobbyEurope
I never said the mcpx was patented... I said IMHO Hisky had too high of a price for something that is based on another design

Do most parts fit a mcpx?
Is it made to look like a mcpx?
Is the servo layout the same? Is the frame, landing gear, swash, head and links the same?....it is a clone.
You basically say you use the same manufacturing places as the mcpx for parts then say it isnt a clone. For you to say it is not a clone and is an original design is hilarious.
It is a copy and shares parts with a mcpx, looks to be a decent copy but IMHO still too much for something that is copied

If your going to make a micro 100 and dont want it referred to as a clone, well then dont make a clone!

Hope you guys clone the 130x and sell it for a more reasonable price soon....

If it quacks like a duck, looks like a duck then it must be a duck...
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Aug 02, 2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 05:41 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
^ smacked up! Good one indoorheli!
Old Aug 02, 2012, 05:46 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
It would be easy to make a module that takes the signal from the trainer port. This module will be able to work with a large range of transmitters.

To imply that this heli has nothing to do with the MCPx stretches credibility. Especially since the manufacturer has no record of making micro helis.
But if run via training port, you also need to provide power to the module, power is supplied to module via pins in the back.
And modules are a much cleaner method of doing it.
But obviously the trainer port module would be compatible with heaps of tx's.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:13 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
But if run via training port, you also need to provide power to the module, power is supplied to module via pins in the back.
And modules are a much cleaner method of doing it.
But obviously the trainer port module would be compatible with heaps of tx's.
You are right that it needs a separate battery. However, major manufacturers do not offer interchangeable modules on their new transmitters anymore. Therefore, this is the only viable option short of modifying the hardware inside. This is an example of a product that I was talking about.

http://www.hawk-rc.com/index.php?rou...roduct_id=1529
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:28 AM
United States, MN, Otsego
Joined Dec 2010
389 Posts
Tx-r

I would really like to see a heli company manufacture helis with something along the lines of the Tx-R concept being used for growing selection of planks. It uses the tactic protocol and there is a trainer port adaptor that works will the various brands of Tx's out there. I see no reason why the Tx-R concept wouldn't work for helis just as well!

Jim
jcmors is offline Find More Posts by jcmors
Old Aug 03, 2012, 01:38 PM
Norway
Joined Feb 2011
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
I never said the mcpx was patented... I said IMHO Hisky had too high of a price for something that is based on another design. If not the new design flys better than the old one.
Do most parts fit a mcpx? No, just a few.
Is it made to look like a mcpx? Most 3D helicopters look like this. Not much room for a different design.
Is the servo layout the same? No, the servo design is not the same. I the frame, landing gear The landin gear is not the same., swash, head and links the same?....it is a clone. The motors are stronger on the HiSky and the batteri is 50% larger. So not much of aclone.You basically say you use the same manufacturing places as the mcpx for parts then say it isnt a clone. For you to say it is not a clone and is an original design is hilarious.
It is a copy and shares parts with a mcpx, looks to be a decent copy but IMHO still too much for something that is copied

If your going to make a micro 100 and dont want it referred to as a clone, well then dont make a clone!

Hope you guys clone the 130x and sell it for a more reasonable price soon....

If it quacks like a duck, looks like a duck then it must be a duck...
HobbyEurope