SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:17 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Joe View Post
... how about revealing to all of us the name of the manufacture and model number of your Txs.

All of us just ain't interested, hoss. How about you declare yourself the winner of whatever contest you're engaged in, knock off the crap and just let it go? I think more would be interested in seeing that than whatever it is you're after.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:28 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaled_abobakr View Post
Thanks for the tips .. I'll do that and report back my findings .. ..
Thanks for that....eager to hear your results.

Quote:
BTW .. .. or you're saying it doesn't matter at all for the CG to be anywhere between 60 and 70 mm form LE.... ???!!
Khaled
No, not "doesn't matter at all"....more that it's a pretty fine adjustment that won't take much to be technically 'off'. More important is finding what works best for you & your rig, even if it isn't technically "perfect", or 'in spec'.

Remember, even highway speed limits start off as someone's opinion.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:32 PM
Joined Oct 2007
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44 View Post

All of us just ain't interested, hoss. How about you declare yourself the winner of whatever contest you're engaged in, knock off the crap and just let it go? I think more would be interested in seeing that than whatever it is you're after.
I'm engaged in no contest, I would simply like to learn how the manufacturer of his Txs implement the automatic switch to load the output of the RF amps when the antenna is removed. It's like your quest to determine if the standard prop that comes with the SkyS/Bixler is a 5x3 or a 5x4. Why the big mystery in him naming the manufacturer of the Tx?
Ole Joe is online now Find More Posts by Ole Joe
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:38 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
I'll be coming round the mountain when I come.....
When it comes to originality, you are unbeatable.
Road trip????
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:38 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,481 Posts
Quote:

I'm interested. I'm always up for learning new things. But sometimes the door simply closes, like when I really press people about chemtrails and try to look behind the curtain at aircrap.org. It just turns into dead-end and nobody wants to talk about it anymore. That's what this feels like.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:45 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
The recommended CG is 60mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaled_abobakr View Post
Thanks for the tips .. I'll do that and report back my findings .. ..

BTW .. Does the this mean I have to balance my plane using a more accurate way to actually feel the difference of these fine increments .. or you're saying it doesn't matter at all for the CG to be anywhere between 60 and 70 mm form LE.... ???!!

Thanks a lot

Khaled
Actually, the factory specs (for a V2) call for a CG of 60mm. Since the Bix and the V1 are the same plane, the CG is the same. I have no idea what the original source 50-70mm came from. But, still, IME, 60-(to even)72mm works just fine on all by SkyS planes (3). My suggestion is to set your CG to exactly 60mm from the LE of the wing (as measured next to the fuselage).
AJ
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:50 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
As usual, you make a good point. Besides, all the angst and rudeness will never get them the answer they want. At least, not from me. Not now, not ever.
On a more appropriate topic. Did you ever try gryo's. They are a class all in and of themselves. Plus, they are a kick in pants to play with for very little $$. I know HK has a few gyros. But, I have not tried any of them on my SkyS's. Does anyone else know anything about the HK gyros? I will put one of mine (EK2-0704) my next outing and video it for everyone. It is fun.
I still have some videos from yesterday that I have to get posted. So, I am going to get that done today.
AJ
Last edited by ajbaker; Oct 18, 2011 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Gyros on a SkyS
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:51 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
As usual, you make a good point. Besides, all the angst and rudeness will never get them the answer they want. At least, not from me. Not now, not ever.
AJ
I have never, ever been rude to you, AJ, or written you with disrespect. And that's because I respect you, your thread and your effort. Don't dismiss my questions under the guise of "rudeness". It just isn't there. It is not true.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:56 PM
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2006
1,280 Posts
Quote:
Actually, the factory specs (for a V2) call for a CG of 60mm. Since the Bix and the V1 are the same plane, the CG is the same. I have no idea what the original source 50-70mm came from. But, still, IME, 60-(to even)72mm works just fine on all by SkyS planes (3). My suggestion is to set your CG to exactly 60mm from the LE of the wing (as measured next to the fuselage).
AJ
I usually stick one fingertip under each wing near the fuselage and move them fore and aft until the plane balances, and adjust the CG to be about where the manufacturer (or the guy who has a nice-flying one) says. Then I rev it up and throw it, and see if it goes bobbing all over the sky or not, and move the CG forward a little if it does.

One-quarter to one-third of the way from the leading edge to the trailing edge, usually works pretty well. Then adjust from there.

Been doing that for fifty years and haven't had a problem yet.
Little-Acorn is offline Find More Posts by Little-Acorn
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:58 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
I have never, ever been rude to you, AJ, or written you with disrespect. And that's because I respect you, your thread and your effort. Don't dismiss my questions under the guise of "rudeness". It just isn't there. It is not true.
The matter is closed.
AJ
Last edited by ajbaker; Oct 18, 2011 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Change wrong comment
Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:01 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
I usually stick one fingertip under each wing near the fuselage and move them fore and aft until the plane balances, and adjust the CG to be about where the manufacturer (or the guy who has a nice-flying one) says. Then I rev it up and throw it, and see if it goes bobbing all over the sky or not, and move the CG forward a little if it does.

One-quarter to one-third of the way from the leading edge to the trailing edge, usually works pretty well. Then adjust from there.

Been doing that for fifty years and haven't had a problem yet.
I see. There are a lot of "right" ways to accomplish a "correct" CG. Yours is another one IMO. Like many things in life- If it ain't broke.......
AJ
Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:06 PM
Space is the answer
Australia, VIC, Warneet
Joined Mar 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G550Ted View Post
It appears to balance on the pads at the top of the support arms. The small, ball tipped "feelers" at the ends of the scaled bars would be used to determine the distance from the pivot (CG) to a reference point on the model such as the leading edge of the wing. I may be wrong, but don't think one would place a 40# model on those tiny balls - ouch!

Ted
Teddy, have a look at this video (about 1.25 min mark onwards) and you will see this cg machine in use. It appears that the plane is placed on the small ball tipped "feelers"

Phoenix 2000 Glider.wmv (3 min 12 sec)
ozair is offline Find More Posts by ozair
Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:06 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,481 Posts
Quote:
The matter is closed. But, thanks for the props and all your posts. Keep up the good work.
AJ
yes, there is "the wall" I mentioned.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:12 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
yes, there is "the wall" I mentioned.
And now you have crossed over into rude. When someone doesn't do what you want them to do why would you post something like that. I take back my post. But, do you best to let this one go. You'll sleep better at night.
AJ
Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:20 PM
Space is the answer
Australia, VIC, Warneet
Joined Mar 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
On a more appropriate topic. Did you ever try gryo's. They are a class all in and of themselves. Plus, they are a kick in pants to play with for very little $$. I know HK has a few gyros. But, I have not tried any of them on my SkyS's. Does anyone else know anything about the HK gyros? I will put one of mine (EK2-0704) my next outing and video it for everyone. It is fun.
I still have some videos from yesterday that I have to get posted. So, I am going to get that done today.
AJ
AJ, when you do fit the EK2-0704 to your SkyS can you please take a few photos and give some details on the installation.
ozair is offline Find More Posts by ozair