HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:36 AM
Registered User
Rota's Avatar
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jul 2008
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt View Post
Received on Nov 18th.
So about a month's wait. That's not awful from China and I'm sure it'll be faster after Christmas passes by.
Rota is offline Find More Posts by Rota
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2009, 04:39 PM
Registered User
capt's Avatar
Nevada, USA
Joined Sep 2007
1,921 Posts
Well my other 2 orders arrivved today! All is well

Not sure why that first one hung up somewhere, probably on my end- I think they still use pony express out here!
capt is offline Find More Posts by capt
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 08:27 PM
Registered User
Texas
Joined Jan 2007
16 Posts
Have placed 3 orders, completely satisfied. Good prices, low shipping, fast service.
nk1851 is offline Find More Posts by nk1851
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2009, 09:33 PM
Registered User
Rota's Avatar
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jul 2008
275 Posts
Got my order today. Everything looks awesome. The hardware included with the motor (cross mount and prop adapter), were made for a much smaller one though. Not really a big deal, but should be noted.
Rota is offline Find More Posts by Rota
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2009, 04:50 AM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
sonny1's Avatar
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,788 Posts
Bummer! I ordered the 2830-13 Outrunner, & it came with all the proper hardware. Which motor did you get, so we can watch out for that one?
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2009, 05:54 PM
That boy ain't right.
*shrug*'s Avatar
Austin, Texas
Joined Nov 2005
20 Posts
Oops

Today I placed my second order and, by mistake, ended up paying twice (thank you for that, Paypal ).

I sent a PM asking Nina to verify the double payment and, if she saw them both, to please refund one. I received a reply within a couple hours (keep in mind it's early morning in China). Sure enough, I checked and found that there was already a refund in my account.

All I can say is wow... I'm sold.

Thank you, Nina!
*shrug* is offline Find More Posts by *shrug*
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2009, 07:11 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
sonny1's Avatar
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,788 Posts
Here's a link to a thread started about RCTimer's $27 Balancer/Watt Meter: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1143770. Good unit for the price; still waiting for my order of 11-09.....14 days today; maybe tomorrow?
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2009, 12:04 AM
Registered User
Rota's Avatar
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jul 2008
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 View Post
Bummer! I ordered the 2830-13 Outrunner, & it came with all the proper hardware. Which motor did you get, so we can watch out for that one?
The 1100 kV 3530 motor. It came with a 3mm collet adapter and a cross mount that fits my 370 motor perfectly. I actually used the hardware to mount my 370 motor on my Swift, but had to buy hardware for the 3530. The collet is supposed to be 5mm and the cross mount needs to be a bit bigger.

Either way, I paid so little for this stuff that I'm still satisfied. I need a couple ESC's and some smaller motors and will be ordering from them again.
Rota is offline Find More Posts by Rota
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2009, 12:59 AM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
sonny1's Avatar
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rota View Post
The 1100 kV 3530 motor. It came with a 3mm collet adapter and a cross mount that fits my 370 motor perfectly. I actually used the hardware to mount my 370 motor on my Swift, but had to buy hardware for the 3530. The collet is supposed to be 5mm and the cross mount needs to be a bit bigger.

Either way, I paid so little for this stuff that I'm still satisfied. I need a couple ESC's and some smaller motors and will be ordering from them again.
I will too; though the latest order which I received today, took 15 days to arrive. I tested the 2830-13 motor a few nights back w/ a 11x7 on 3S, & it ran very smoothly and held a consistent 20A; not bad for $9. Worth waiting for!
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2009, 03:16 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2007
1,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nieltj View Post
Hi Nina (RC Timer). Some micro polarized Deans would be a nice addition also. In bulk, just like the other Deans that you have. Thanks!
Nina never replied to this, but I too would suggest they sell some micro Deans knockoffs. Dealextreme doesn't sell any, and hobbycity doesn't anymore.

Bidproduct has some listed here and here, but they don't have much for customer service. For example, trying to find out the difference in those two listings from them would probably get no answer. I think they reply on their forums to people who post about order problems, but that's about it. My question about motors went unanswered. BTW, for many items, I don't like how they have different listings/item #'s for what seems like the same items, often without any information on them to see. For example, if you look at bullet connectors, there are many different listings just for the 3.5mm, and they aren't together. Some are several pages apart from the others. Sorry for the rant.


Has anyone tried their "same to Hobbywing" (another translation error) 30A ESC yet? Is it really a Hobbywing, or just similar (like I think so many others are)? How does this compare to the Hobbyking SS (formerly the "Supersimple"), Turnigy Basic or Plush ESC's, some of which may be Hobbywing?
Brian_ is offline Find More Posts by Brian_
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2009, 03:25 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
sonny1's Avatar
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
Nina never replied to this, but I too would suggest they sell some micro Deans knockoffs. Dealextreme doesn't sell any, and hobbycity doesn't anymore.

Bidproduct has some listed here and here, but they don't have much for customer service. For example, trying to find out the difference in those two listings from them would probably get no answer. I think they reply on their forums to people who post about order problems, but that's about it. My question about motors went unanswered. BTW, for many items, I don't like how they have different listings/item #'s for what seems like the same items, often without any information on them to see. For example, if you look at bullet connectors, there are many different listings just for the 3.5mm, and they aren't together. Some are several pages apart from the others. Sorry for the rant.


Has anyone tried their "same to Hobbywing" (another translation error) 30A ESC yet? Is it really a Hobbywing, or just similar (like I think so many others are)? How does this compare to the Hobbyking SS (formerly the "Supersimple"), Turnigy Basic or Plush ESC's, some of which may be Hobbywing?
Try sending a PM directly to Nina's username; maybe you'll get a response that way. As to the ESC, here's a link to a short discussion on RC Universe about that; might help: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9042643/tm.htm . Good luck, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Sonny
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2009, 03:31 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2007
1,063 Posts
Also, I was looking at the motors they sell, some of which look like Suppo motors. Specifically, the 2212 series. Does anyone know how they compare to Suppo/Welgard, or to the ones that bidproduct sells (which maybe be Suppo)? The ones at bidproduct are $10 too, but I've never really heard much, if any, feedback on the quality. But these have me interested, because of some of the reports in this thread that the build quality of motors received was good. But those reports could be for a different style motor. It's confusing since they don't give each style of motor they sell a specific name. Maybe Nina can answer this. Do all the rctimer outrunner motor styles have the same build quality (hand winding, etc)?

Anyway, I was thinking of this one (A2212-15, 930kv) for my slow stick.

Or would a 2826 series be better? Surprisingly these are also $10 at rctimer ($30 at bidproduct!...assuming they're the same motors).


How do their props compare to others (ie. GWS)? Anyone know the brand?
Brian_ is offline Find More Posts by Brian_
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2009, 04:02 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
sonny1's Avatar
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
Also, I was looking at the motors they sell, some of which look like Suppo motors. Specifically, the 2212 series. Does anyone know how they compare to Suppo/Welgard, or to the ones that bidproduct sells (which maybe be Suppo)? The ones at bidproduct are $10 too, but I've never really heard much, if any, feedback on the quality. But these have me interested, because of some of the reports in this thread that the build quality of motors received was good. But those reports could be for a different style motor. It's confusing since they don't give each style of motor they sell a specific name. Maybe Nina can answer this. Do all the rctimer outrunner motor styles have the same build quality (hand winding, etc)?

Anyway, I was thinking of this one (A2212-15, 930kv) for my slow stick.

Or would a 2826 series be better? Surprisingly these are also $10 at rctimer ($30 at bidproduct!...assuming they're the same motors).


How do their props compare to others (ie. GWS)? Anyone know the brand?
Haven't tried the 2826, but have tried the 2830, (see post #219), their motors seem to be ok. The deal with RCTimer vs. bidproduct is the shipping. Shipping is free on RCTimer; if I recall, bidproduct is not. If they match RCTimer's shipping deal, then it's a horse-a-piece ya know. For $10 you can't hardly go wrong either way.
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2009, 08:09 PM
ken kalynuk, winnipeg CAN
kenair's Avatar
Winnipeg, MB CANADA
Joined Feb 2000
202 Posts
I got my order today, 14 days to Winnipeg, Canada, now that's is great free shipping and the prices are super. I ordered the Deans connectors, lipo sack, 3.5 connectors and a 2212-6 motor, all complete.

thank-you rctimer!
kk
kenair is online now Find More Posts by kenair
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2009, 10:43 PM
Registered User
Managing2fly's Avatar
United States, FL, Lynn Haven
Joined May 2009
23 Posts
Nina,

It has been 5 weeks since I placed my order and I still have not received it. Please check this order for me, the order number is 2009102220111nad it was placed on October 22nd.
Managing2fly is offline Find More Posts by Managing2fly
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Do N E Other KIWIS use this forum? SlopeKing Slope 34 Apr 18, 2008 06:29 AM
Video What I used to fly before RC planes robertbick Fuel Plane Talk 12 Mar 23, 2008 02:10 AM
For Sale Extreme Flight Yak 55SP-E (1 NIB & 1 Used) - REDUCED PRICE !!! jatt5abdaa Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Dec 11, 2006 08:27 AM
What determines a micro? we have 1/64th RC cars? rojoyinc Micro Cars 1 May 18, 2002 10:34 PM
Sept 1, 2002 RC Airshow Fort Worth,TX teamrcpilot Electric Flight Events 0 Jan 29, 2002 11:12 AM