HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 06, 2014, 08:05 PM
Joined Aug 2013
151 Posts
Thanks to a bunch of help from a friend, she's up and flying. Great little quad. Got the Fatshark camera and transmitter installed this evening. Getting about 7 1/2 to 8 minutes out of it with some casual flying around. Nothing crazy, I'm not looking to break any records. Really going to enjoy this quad. I'll get pics up later. And, yes, I will accept the harrasment, it has Naza on it. I got it for next to nothing. I'll get another board for it once I get used to how it flies.
nchoytarcher is offline Find More Posts by nchoytarcher
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2014, 09:25 PM
sfu
Joined Jan 2014
51 Posts
How are you guys placing the mobius? I have put mine a bit tilted upwards and still see the ground when moving forward.
I've seen pictures that most put the mobius leveled and not tilted, but their videos are nice with forward view most of the time.

I'm using the wide mobius btw.
sfu is offline Find More Posts by sfu
Old Jul 06, 2014, 09:29 PM
Joined Mar 2013
459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfu View Post
How are you guys placing the mobius? I have put mine a bit tilted upwards and still see the ground when moving forward.
I've seen pictures that most put the mobius leveled and not tilted, but their videos are nice with forward view most of the time.

I'm using the wide mobius btw.
Contrary to popular belief, the faster you fly the more you will have leveled footage. We get going fast and level out and just skate the air and dodge obstacles. When we have a chance to regain our momentum we give a quick burst of throttle and tilt then level back out to dodge oncoming obstacles. When flying slow the pilot tends to be in a constant state of forward pitch... Not saying your flying slow, but if you are compared to the videos your watching then my explanation is most likely the case.
ezikiel12 is online now Find More Posts by ezikiel12
Old Jul 06, 2014, 09:46 PM
sfu
Joined Jan 2014
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezikiel12 View Post
Contrary to popular belief, the faster you fly the more you will have leveled footage. We get going fast and level out and just skate the air and dodge obstacles. When we have a chance to regain our momentum we give a quick burst of throttle and tilt then level back out to dodge oncoming obstacles. When flying slow the pilot tends to be in a constant state of forward pitch... Not saying your flying slow, but if you are compared to the videos your watching then my explanation is most likely the case.
I think you nailed this. As a matter of fact, I am flying slow and still learning. Thanks for the good advice.

I need more practice!
sfu is offline Find More Posts by sfu
Old Jul 06, 2014, 10:01 PM
Joined Mar 2013
459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfu View Post
I think you nailed this. As a matter of fact, I am flying slow and still learning. Thanks for the good advice.

I need more practice!
Yup, and of course the more open the environment is the longer you will find yourself in a forward pitch. That's why in the blackout videos where he's out in the open or high altitude the camera is almost always looking at the ground. But when he's dodging trees it's quite the opposite.
ezikiel12 is online now Find More Posts by ezikiel12
Old Jul 06, 2014, 10:04 PM
FPV Addict
United States, TX, Forney
Joined May 2013
1,211 Posts
If you are level you are slowing down! Most of my experience with staring at the ground comes from racing and I am always at near full throttle.

Unless ypu are trying to achieve warp speed I agree.
starvinmrvn is offline Find More Posts by starvinmrvn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flying 2-23-14