SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:09 PM
Wherever you go there you are
7oneWo1f's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,456 Posts
Idea
Universal background checks

There is a big problem in this country with free speech. While I and all good Americans support free speech, there are groups and individuals who use speech, often anonymously, to promote racism, homophobia, misogyny, pro-Christian religious bigotry, xenophobia, and for many other villainous purposes.

Other individuals use soeech anonymity to prowl internet hang outs used by our youth and take advantage of them.

Consequently, while defending the right to free speech, I propose that universal background checks be instituted to make sure that those practicing free speech are not going to use it for evil purposes.

Mentally ill, people under the age of 21, racists, homophobes, pedophiles, convicted felons, misogynists, Christian bigots, members of militia movements like the tea party, members of corporate terrorist organizations like the NRA, will thereby be prevented from using our constitutionally protected right to free speech for nefarious purposes.

On the other hand, free speech will be protected for the weakest among us, when funded by billionaires, such as advocating for the right of people here illegally to be granted amnesty.

If universal background checks are good enough for other amendments, it is certainly good enough for first and consequently most important amendment.

What say you?
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Last edited by 7oneWo1f; Jan 31, 2013 at 08:57 AM. Reason: grammar
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:36 PM
Watts is life...
rcjetpilot's Avatar
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,862 Posts
I actually heard a democratic “contributor” claim with certainty the NY Times “news” side has a hard wall between its “editorial” side… and firmly believes it. SO yes, I would tend to agree, we need a background check, home visitation, and a mental evaluation before they are allowed to exercise the first amendment.
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:56 PM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
RCWorks's Avatar
Joined Aug 2003
1,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
If universal background checks are good enough for other amendments, it is certainly good enough for first and consequently most important amendment.

What say you?
Our president and his staff, friends and appointees need real background checks.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:04 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,405 Posts
The difference between free speech and gun ownership, is that free speech doesn't kill... Guns kill.
Kenny Sharp is offline Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:22 AM
Made in the USA
BE77 Pilot's Avatar
Joined May 2010
423 Posts
Every time Mr Obama orders a new drone attack innocent children die.
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:37 AM
Bagpipes spoken here
Pipemajor's Avatar
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Aug 2007
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks View Post
Our president and his staff, friends and appointees need real background checks.
Are you suggesting Sheriff Joe take another crack at that? How about Sarah Palin? She needs a job now.
Pipemajor is offline Find More Posts by Pipemajor
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:39 AM
Smoke & Fire
Naja Kaouthia's Avatar
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2001
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
The difference between free speech and gun ownership, is that free speech doesn't kill... Guns kill.
Kenny,
You could not be more wrong. The spoken word is the most powerful force on earth. Even the bible speaks about this. I bet more people have been killed by words spoken than by guns.
Then there is the last part of your statement, "gun owndership" has never killed one single person
Naja Kaouthia is offline Find More Posts by Naja Kaouthia
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:56 AM
Made in the USA
BE77 Pilot's Avatar
Joined May 2010
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintQytRite View Post
Kenny,
You could not be more wrong. The spoken word is the most powerful force on earth. Even the bible speaks about this. I bet more people have been killed by words spoken than by guns.
Then there is the last part of your statement, "gun owndership" has never killed one single person
It's a paradox.
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:18 AM
FrankC
Ocala, Florida
Joined Jun 2007
499 Posts
So, free speech only applies to people who agree with your viewpoint? What if at some point in the future someone is elected who does not agree with you, and suspends your right to speak your mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
There is a big problem in this country with free speech. While I and all good Americans support free speech, there are groups and individuals who use speech, often anonymously, to promote racism, homophobia, misogyny, pro-Christian religious bigotry, xenophobia, and for many other villainous purposes.

Other individuals use soeech anonymity to prowl internet hang outs used by our youth to prowl and take advantage of them.

Consequently, while defending the right to free speech, I propose that universal background checks be instituted to make sure that those practicing free speech are not going to use it for evil purposes.

Mentally ill, people under the age of 21, racists, homophobes, pedophiles, convicted felons, misogynists, Christian bigots, members of militia movements like the tea party, members of corporate terrorist organizations like the NRA, will thereby be prevented from using our constitutionally protected right to free speech for nefarious purposes.

On the other hand, free speech will be protected for the weakest among us, when funded by billionaires, such as advocating for the right of people here illegally to be granted amnesty.

If universal background checks are good enough for other amendments, it is certainly good enough for first and consequently most important amendment.

What say you?
FrankC is online now Find More Posts by FrankC
Last edited by FrankC; Feb 01, 2013 at 08:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:04 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,863 Posts
Let me get this straight now. The government wants universal background checks and right now:

They don't know how many illegals are in this country

They cannot tell who is and isn't for employee identification

They say getting the program for workforce identification will cost a fortune and will be five years to get off the ground

They cannot even keep people in jail because they don't have the space

They don't want to require voter ID to vote


And with all these problems, they want to create another monster that will still not stop criminals from getting or using guns and will only put another burden on honest, taxpaying citizens.

Shame on them who want to do such.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:06 AM
Made in the USA
BE77 Pilot's Avatar
Joined May 2010
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
Let me get this straight now. The government wants universal background checks and right now:

They don't know how many illegals are in this country

They cannot tell who is and isn't for employee identification

They say getting the program for workforce identification will cost a fortune and will be five years to get off the ground

They cannot even keep people in jail because they don't have the space

They don't want to require voter ID to vote


And with all these problems, they want to create another monster that will still not stop criminals from getting or using guns and will only put another burden on honest, taxpaying citizens.

Shame on them who want to do such.
Post of the day.
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:07 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintQytRite View Post
Kenny,
You could not be more wrong. The spoken word is the most powerful force on earth. Even the bible speaks about this. I bet more people have been killed by words spoken than by guns.
Then there is the last part of your statement, "gun owndership" has never killed one single person
Words do not kill.
Words may indeed incite people to kill, but then those people will pick up weapons designed to kill.
Kenny Sharp is offline Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:45 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
Words do not kill.
Words may indeed incite people to kill, but then those people will pick up weapons designed to kill.
If you look at that statement correctly it isn't the words that are the problem.

Matthew 12:34
O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Matthew 15:18
But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

Luke 6:45
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Evil brings forth evil for such will not ring true with those who are good and only those with evil in their heart will be stirred to action.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:51 AM
Trons and Fumes
wrightme's Avatar
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
Words do not kill.
Words may indeed incite people to kill, but then those people will pick up weapons designed to kill.
Or not.

Killing doesn't happen only with weapons designed to kill.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:54 AM
Foamie Freak!
Leather Helmet's Avatar
United States, NC, Cornelius
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
If you look at that statement correctly it isn't the words that are the problem.

Matthew 12:34
O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Matthew 15:18
But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

Luke 6:45
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Evil brings forth evil for such will not ring true with those who are good and only those with evil in their heart will be stirred to action.
This one, ALONG WITH, Lcj,s post, are the posts of the day, for this thread. Folks may not believe in the Bible, but they cannot deny the truth it speaks. I submit, if you dont see the truth in those words, you cannot see the truth in anything!!
Leather Helmet is offline Find More Posts by Leather Helmet
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poll Should ALL firearms sales in the US require a background check? Park_Flyer Life, The Universe, and Politics 80 Dec 26, 2012 09:45 PM
Discussion Background checks for baseball bats? P-51C Life, The Universe, and Politics 29 Jul 22, 2011 09:39 PM
Discussion Hammer owners should be background checked... P-51C Life, The Universe, and Politics 29 Jul 18, 2011 05:14 PM
Discussion Bill Seeks to Make Permits and Background Checks Optional Gman2 Life, The Universe, and Politics 56 Feb 03, 2010 08:38 AM