HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 16, 2012, 04:28 AM
United States, NH, Nashua
Joined Dec 2011
133 Posts
Help!
lipo Short?

ok so i was going to cut the positive wire on my new lipo and when i went to cut it sparks flew everywhere, the negative wire wasn't touching the positive either.

any idea what happened, is this a short?

should i toss the batt.
minkyboodle is offline Find More Posts by minkyboodle
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2012, 05:03 AM
Canada, ON, Stouffville
Joined Nov 2011
71 Posts
I guess I was too late

Well either the girl of your dreams walked into the room.....Or more likely the battery was shorted if sparks occured....
If you mesure each tap on the balancing plug...Is it above 3 volts?

If so you are probably OK...lower than 3V...probably worthless for flying.

sts41
sts41 is offline Find More Posts by sts41
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:05 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,817 Posts
Simple truth is that you damaged the new LiPoly and also it sounds like you made the mistake of cutting both leads at the same time.

How badly damaged is it no one can tell you withit testing and most likely you have no suitable testing equipment so try it in a application where if it fails the loss of the aircraft will not be that bad or discharge it to zero and discard it.

And the rest off this Thread , or should be..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...81&postcount=1

FYI It is really not necessary to start multi Threads to cover the same subject / question / problem / issue.

You can even edit a post to add information to it. You can also close a duplicate / same subject thread.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Mar 16, 2012 at 07:12 AM.