SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 20, 2012, 09:55 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,705 Posts
Welp BH has fuselages, stickers, and cowl in stock so ill be ordering those when the memorial day starts Thursday or Friday. Hopefully thatll save me about $20.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2012, 10:00 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,705 Posts
finally got a response from FMS. Seems we'll be needing to go through BH for replacements.

Dear Nick,

Thank you for your great support to FMS.We are sorry for the problems on 1.7m P51. We are now under developing the new replaced retract which would be ready at mid or late June. Pleaser present the failure to Banana Hobbies and pay close attention to the notification on their website...

Best regards,
Melody
Old May 20, 2012, 10:01 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
finally got a response from fms. Seems we'll be needing to go through bh for replacements.

Dear nick,

thank you for your great support to fms.we are sorry for the problems on 1.7m p51. We are now under developing the new replaced retract which would be ready at mid or late june. Pleaser present the failure to banana hobbies and pay close attention to the notification on their website...

Best regards,
melody
that really sucks!!!!!

That will put a black mark with me about FMS in my book...... The retracts I recieved that went bad came from them
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old May 21, 2012, 04:50 AM
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined Mar 2007
3,013 Posts
Nick, that's really too bad what happened. Here's what I think happened.

The Elevator control rods are seperate all the way to the control horn. Of corse we know that the rods are secured by an alen screw at the control horn. I'd bet money that the screw was a tad loose & you hit the elevator at some point causing one side of the elevators to move more than the other.

Although both moved to an up position. As soon as it achived flight speed up & over it went. The one side up more than the other caused it to do the barrel roll.
ColoradoHeliNut is offline Find More Posts by ColoradoHeliNut
Last edited by ColoradoHeliNut; May 21, 2012 at 05:02 AM.
Old May 21, 2012, 05:01 AM
United States, CO, Lakewood
Joined Mar 2007
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
that really sucks!!!!!

That will put a black mark with me about FMS in my book...... The retracts I recieved that went bad came from them
BM, I get what your saying regarding "Your" retracts.

However it looks like they are going to instruct their venders to actually issue a kind of warranty for the burned up retracts on their websites. If BH follows through & sends new retracts out. It will be a nice new feather in their hat.

PW-RC & RC-Castle I'm sure will send out new retracts to their affected customers.

However I wonder how Philip would handle my case. He sent me a new one when one of mine burned up but I never used it. I have two working retracts but most likely they'll burn up. Unless it's just the higher voltage that does it. If I ever use them it will be with 4.8v only.

Also I have yet to know whether or not the P-47 reracts are going to last any thength of time.
ColoradoHeliNut is offline Find More Posts by ColoradoHeliNut
Last edited by ColoradoHeliNut; May 21, 2012 at 05:11 AM.
Old May 21, 2012, 07:56 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnick2k8 View Post
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=#000000]... I had a foam Habu edf wing tip touch the back of my ear at what had to easily be 80mph and it crashed and disintegrated into a wood table right next to us...
Man, you were lucky it wasn't a prop plane or it might have taken a bite out of your ear! I would have .... I dunno, explode, maybe. Sheesh.

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Old May 21, 2012, 08:00 AM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHeliNut View Post
Nick, that's really too bad what happened. Here's what I think happened.

The Elevator control rods are seperate all the way to the control horn. Of corse we know that the rods are secured by an alen screw at the control horn. I'd bet money that the screw was a tad loose & you hit the elevator at some point causing one side of the elevators to move more than the other.

Although both moved to an up position. As soon as it achived flight speed up & over it went. The one side up more than the other caused it to do the barrel roll.
I'll have to check the movement of the control rod when I get home after work that could be the case. However she lifted off with no input, but i do keep my thumbs on the controls so maybe i was touching it a lil and not knowing it. Thanks for the input. Another reason why I should've added a carbon rod joining the two.
Last edited by v8truckin; May 21, 2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old May 21, 2012, 01:06 PM
Cowboy of the skys
United States, Mt, Whitefish
Joined Oct 2010
1,091 Posts
im sorry for the losses im learning from yalls problems. my red tails p51 is sitting on my bench right now
warbird_cowboy is offline Find More Posts by warbird_cowboy
Old May 21, 2012, 01:18 PM
Portland, Oregon
Joined Aug 2008
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHeliNut View Post
BM, I get what your saying regarding "Your" retracts.

However it looks like they are going to instruct their venders to actually issue a kind of warranty for the burned up retracts on their websites. If BH follows through & sends new retracts out. It will be a nice new feather in their hat.

PW-RC & RC-Castle I'm sure will send out new retracts to their affected customers.

However I wonder how Philip would handle my case. He sent me a new one when one of mine burned up but I never used it. I have two working retracts but most likely they'll burn up. Unless it's just the higher voltage that does it. If I ever use them it will be with 4.8v only.

Also I have yet to know whether or not the P-47 reracts are going to last any thength of time.

I'm hoping by the time BH posts their FMS Gear Replacement notice, all of us will be able to notify them from the heads-up we get here in this forum from each other... I hope it goes smoother than previous experience has shown... I also really hope these will be a real improvement and not a 10% or 20% improvement...
bnick
bnick2k8 is offline Find More Posts by bnick2k8
Old May 21, 2012, 01:22 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnick2k8 View Post
I'm hoping by the time BH posts their FMS Gear Replacement notice, all of us will be able to notify them from the heads-up we get here in this forum from each other... I hope it goes smoother than previous experience has shown... I also really hope these will be a real improvement and not a 10% or 20% improvement...
bnick
I just got my Email from FMS as well...Looks like late June and that's a maybe by the sound of the Email?
.................................................. .................................................. ........

Dear Brandon,

Thank you for your mail. dear Brandon, the replaced retract may be ready at Mid June. We are not so sure now. We need to do more test to ensure the quality. You know both the consumer and FMS lost a lot for the poor V1 retract :-(

Besides, please kindly present your failure report to the distributor you bought the airplanes and the retract from. We will deliver the replaced retracts together to our distributors after released (there are so many failure report from America that we cannot send one by one. As I mentioned before the EMS fee from China to America is as expensive as the retract itself)) Hope we can have your kindly understanding.

Best regards,
Melody
RCG Plus Member
Old May 21, 2012, 10:42 PM
United States, CA, Yosemite Lakes
Joined Jan 2008
687 Posts
Any know the pitch on the blades? Stock?
Thanks
scribble007 is offline Find More Posts by scribble007
Old May 21, 2012, 10:46 PM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,948 Posts
Excellent!! My chrome/mirror vinyl wrap arrived in the mail today.
Now come the very tedious task of applying it to the plane, and not have it look like some kids laminated school book. LOL

Cheers,

Steve
dambit is online now Find More Posts by dambit
Old May 21, 2012, 11:30 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,347 Posts
That will look sweet when it's done!
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
Old May 22, 2012, 01:09 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dambit View Post
Excellent!! My chrome/mirror vinyl wrap arrived in the mail today.
Now come the very tedious task of applying it to the plane, and not have it look like some kids laminated school book. LOL

Cheers,

Steve
That will look good!!, Small tip here though...If you've never flown a plane that is Mirrored finish like that...I HIGHLY RECOMEND!!!! you add some orientation color some where top and bottom. Chrome finish like that blends in to everything in the sky and makes orientation difficult, But it looks killer on the ground.

I did a Mustang In MonoKote Chrome one time and it was the Hardest thing in the Sky to see and stay oriented with that I ever flew...I eventually ended up changing the finish to Blue and Yellow so I cound stay oriented with it and see it.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 22, 2012, 01:15 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
I also contacted BH & RCCastel yesterday and sent them a copy of the email that I recieved from Melody @ FMS about the replacement of the burnt retracts a while back. So far I have heard back from Raymond @ RcCastel and replacements are set to go when he recieves them. Haven't heard back from BH yet?

I highly recomend that everyone that had issues contact the vendor directlywhere you got your particular set of retracts as instructed by FMS and make arrangements for the V2 replacements.

Here is the reply I got back from Raymond @ RCCastel
.................................................. .................................................. ....................
DEAR MR BRANDON MOON ,

ACCORDING TO YOUR E-MAIL REPORT. WE WILL

FOLLOW WITH FMS MODEL AND WILL INFORM

YOU WHEN NEW LOT RETRACT IS ARRIVE. PLS

KINDLY NOTE, TKS.

HAVE A NICE DAY !

RAYMOND
RCG Plus Member