SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 11:55 AM
United States, IL, Evanston
Joined Apr 2013
689 Posts
I think it depends strongly on your environment. I fly in the suburbs of Chicago and I can only get about 1km. The RSI is at 100% until I get near 1km, then it starts dropping quickly to 0 and fluctuating between 0 and 80. I've had fail safes kick in around 1km at times.
This is true for L9R. I get the same distance from the X8R, but the RSI falls off more gradually.
It is not a line-of-sight issue, as I can see via the camera that I have a clear LOS all the way back to my runway. I also have ruled out a noisy ESC, as it happens even when I turn the throttle off. Antennas are at 90 degrees and situated outside the fuse, on both sides. Using stock antennas for both rx and tx.
dsheikh573 is online now Find More Posts by dsheikh573
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 09:46 PM
mdv
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2009
488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsheikh573 View Post
Using stock antennas for both rx and tx.
You will likely get much better range if you ditch the stock antennas and use the extensions available from Aloft. Some call them dipoles. Some call them balun. I don't know what they are but they work much better than the stock ones.
mdv is online now Find More Posts by mdv