HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2012, 02:06 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
15,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Welcome, Prof. Before you rule that the flybar is not balanced, which will be very unusual, because I have yet to encounter one, we should double check something.

You see, the flybar is linked to the upper rotors, and the upper rotors are pivoting, meaning that they are not always on straight. When they are pivoted to one side, that side is heavier, and it will drag the flybar down with it.

So, fully extend the upper blades straight out, making sure that the blades don't droop on one side or the other. Hopefully, by now the flybar looks very balanced.

However, if you're talking about having the flybar taken off the helicopter and while it is not linked to anything and it's off balance, then we have an issue.
Thanks, I will check it out tonight when I get home from work.
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2012, 04:07 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
I am only a two day owner of the little engineering marvel and have found that infrared controller based remote control doesn't do well in front of an operating plasma TV. Interesting phenomena to have the copter fall out of the sky.

THE SPRING LOADED THROTTLE
I wish you could just move the throttle to a position and park it like a normal RC throttle. The spring loading is annoying to control. Anybody done a simple mod of eliminating the spring?
LOL ... if you'd have read all 736 pages of this post you'd know all that. J/K

If you get into miro helis, you should try a V911 next. 4-ch is another world.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Mar 02, 2012, 04:12 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
15,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
LOL ... if you'd have read all 736 pages of this post you'd know all that. J/K

If you get into miro helis, you should try a V911 next. 4-ch is another world.
I will google V911, thanks.

Edit: Is this it? see link below
http://www.ampmodel.com/shopping_cart.php
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Prof100; Mar 02, 2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old Mar 02, 2012, 04:33 PM
Joined Feb 2012
40 Posts
Quote:

Edit: Is this it? see link below
http://www.ampmodel.com/shopping_cart.php
Your shopping cart is stored as a cookie on your pc so we can't see it. There is a whole thread on the V911, it seems to be a clone of the Solo Pro.
ridinon0 is offline Find More Posts by ridinon0
Old Mar 02, 2012, 04:35 PM
Joined Feb 2012
40 Posts
Quote:
<snip>
1) S107G
2) S026G
I just wanted to report that I received these on time, and they were genuine.
In case anyone else is shopping...
ridinon0 is offline Find More Posts by ridinon0
Old Mar 02, 2012, 04:55 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
15,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinon0 View Post
Your shopping cart is stored as a cookie on your pc so we can't see it. There is a whole thread on the V911, it seems to be a clone of the Solo Pro.
Again....

http://www.ampmodel.com/product_info...d=4221{1}3{2}4
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2012, 04:58 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
15,891 Posts
Quote:
Welcome, Prof. Before you rule that the flybar is not balanced, which will be very unusual, because I have yet to encounter one, we should double check something.

You see, the flybar is linked to the upper rotors, and the upper rotors are pivoting, meaning that they are not always on straight. When they are pivoted to one side, that side is heavier, and it will drag the flybar down with it.

So, fully extend the upper blades straight out, making sure that the blades don't droop on one side or the other. Hopefully, by now the flybar looks very balanced.

However, if you're talking about having the flybar taken off the helicopter and while it is not linked to anything and it's off balance, then we have an issue.
I checked it out, it is fine.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2012, 05:22 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Super V911 thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1548027
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Mar 02, 2012, 05:25 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
15,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
I subscibed.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2012, 07:08 PM
Ohio
Joined Mar 2010
11 Posts
Thanks Heli Pad!

Quote:
Nitropy, I can't say definitively by just those two photos that whether you have a genuine or a fake S107.

I have come across two different types of heads. In one version, the screws line up with the pivot pins for the blades, and the hole in the bottom is smaller. In the other version, the screws line up with the flybar and the hole in the bottom is larger and accommodates the sleeve between the upper and lower blades. However, between the two versions, the distance between the flybar and the blades is the same, allowing me to use the same connect buckle.

Without the measurements, I'd say that my rotor head matches the one you bought (the one on the right). Interestingly it has that little "ball" on top, too. So, there stand a chance that your "original" might not be genuine. But I can't call it just yet.

Here's what I would suggest you try: Install the new one, but use only ONE connect buckle instead of TWO. The angle of the flybar and the blades would be slightly off. But fly it, hover it, and see if it doesn't fly okay.
I just wanted to thank Heli Pad for his contributions to this discussion, he helped me figure out the problem with my s107 which recently went down for repair.
I had ordered a main shaft for the upper rotor assy due to pins shearing off (only after dozens of crashes, these little helis are fun and tuff.) Anyway with the new upper assy installed, the heli did not fly right. Found out it was due to the flybar on the replacement assy being at a diff angle than the one on the original assy. if i connect both buckles the flybar is way too tight and I get forward flight into the ground. If I connect one buckle I can fly but its a bit erratic. So now I am trying to get a new part from the amazon seller... will see how that goes.
Anyways, thanks again Heli Pad.
tru-rc is offline Find More Posts by tru-rc
Old Mar 03, 2012, 01:08 PM
noob
United States, PA, Greensburg
Joined Oct 2011
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinon0 View Post
I just wanted to report that I received these on time, and they were genuine.
In case anyone else is shopping...
I got mine from Battery Superstore on Amazon for just under $20 with free shipping available. I received it last week and it is also a genuine 107g.

Truly amazing how cheap these "toys" are!

EDIT...what a minute. I put a flight in yesterday using the controller from #1. I swapped the batteries over to the new controller and had some odd problems. First, it wouldn't bind up. I tried both bands multiple times. Finally and suddenly, it bound. Then it powered up - even though I wasn't touching the controller. I jiggled the accelerator and it calmed down but that happened several times. Almost like it would just idle.

Oh well...I have another controller to use. just odd that it would act like this.
Veccster is offline Find More Posts by Veccster
Last edited by Veccster; Mar 03, 2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old Mar 03, 2012, 02:10 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
5,853 Posts
These IR controlled toys don't really "bind" in the traditional sense as in using a RF controller. If you're having issues controlling the helicopter and then all of a sudden it begins to work, or "bound" as you put it, chances are some initial conditions haven't been met. Two things you need to do for these genuine S107 to work:

1) Throttle stick must be at zero in the beginning.
2) Gyro must stabilize (indicated by the LED on PCB going solid).

So when you first turn on the helicopter, the best thing to do is set it down on a solid place, and observe that the LED goes solid. If you keep your helicopter in your hand, and you keep moving it around, the LED will never go solid, and your controller will never be able to communicate with it.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Mar 03, 2012, 02:30 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Any suggestions on where the problem lies...

My nephew's S107G has developed a wobble...

It is obvious when it first spins up but is actually there at all times.

Here's a short video during takeoff.

S107g wobble 2 (0 min 13 sec)
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Mar 03, 2012, 03:23 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
5,853 Posts
Ken, I would suggest that you or your nephew check the pivot pins. If you're not sure what I'm referring to, please visit my blog for a detailed discussion. It might be the cause of that wobble.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Mar 04, 2012, 03:13 AM
Joined Jan 2011
20 Posts
Hi. I bought one of the new S107s, and it doesn't like to turn left very much. Is that normal? It does turn, but to even out the turning when I'm moving I have to trim waaay left. Other then that, it flies extremely well. Not as stable as the old one, but quite a bit faster.
skrubz is offline Find More Posts by skrubz