SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by sonicjet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 05:02 PM
Aerial Birdwatcher
Joined Jul 2014
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julezwatts View Post
So you did get an Icon?
No UM P51 and maybe winning a PZ Sport Cub (big one).
bergenflier is offline Find More Posts by bergenflier
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2015, 06:18 PM
micro- modding madman
United States, VA, Charlottesville
Joined Aug 2014
578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergenflier View Post
No UM P51 and maybe winning a PZ Sport Cub (big one).
Have you flown the UMX Icon?
Julezwatts is online now Find More Posts by Julezwatts
Old Feb 22, 2015, 06:41 PM
Aerial Birdwatcher
Joined Jul 2014
239 Posts
Quote:
Have you flown the UMX Icon?
No. But I read all 22 reviews. Only fails I have seen are some person dipped the wing too far into the water probably and the servo ventilation for aileron failed, and a battery connecter breakoff.
bergenflier is offline Find More Posts by bergenflier
Old Feb 22, 2015, 09:29 PM
Joined Jan 2015
8 Posts
Looking to get either the Umx Beast 3d or Pitts. I've never flown 3d and I know that the micro planes aren't the best planes to learn on but I think that it might be fun to try. Also I've read such great reviews of the Pitts I just don't know what to do. I plan on using as a grab and go plane but I also will have access to a large indoor warehouse to fly which is the reason that I'm torn. If I was flying only outside I'd definitely go with the Pitts but since I'll have access to that warehouse the beast seems more tempting. By the way this will be my first micro plane.

Thanks
weinersnitzelz is offline Find More Posts by weinersnitzelz
Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:23 PM
micro- modding madman
Joined Aug 2014
578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weinersnitzelz View Post
Looking to get either the Umx Beast 3d or Pitts. I've never flown 3d and I know that the micro planes aren't the best planes to learn on but I think that it might be fun to try. Also I've read such great reviews of the Pitts I just don't know what to do. I plan on using as a grab and go plane but I also will have access to a large indoor warehouse to fly which is the reason that I'm torn. If I was flying only outside I'd definitely go with the Pitts but since I'll have access to that warehouse the beast seems more tempting. By the way this will be my first micro plane.

Thanks
I've got the Beast and it's such a versatile little plane. 3D, Precision, Scale, you name it! Very wide speed envelope and amazing flight characteristics thanks to AS3X. You can't go wrong.

If you really want to get into 3D, the AS3Xtra is much better as a trainer.

From what I've read about the Pitts, it too is a great plane. More durable than the Beast, but more confined to precision aerobatics, so not as much 3D flying to be had as the Beast.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:41 PM
Joined Jan 2015
8 Posts
Quote:
I've got the Beast and it's such a versatile little plane. 3D, Precision, Scale, you name it! Very wide speed envelope and amazing flight characteristics thanks to AS3X. You can't go wrong.

If you really want to get into 3D, the AS3Xtra is much better as a trainer.

From what I've read about the Pitts, it too is a great plane. More durable than the Beast, but more confined to precision aerobatics, so not as much 3D flying to be had as the Beast.
I've looked into the AS3Xtra but just don't really care for the look of it. I know that it shouldn't matter. I am looking at getting the visionaire park flyer or something similar to learn 3D. I just can't decide on the beast or Pitts. I guess I might just have to get both😱 thanks for your help.
weinersnitzelz is offline Find More Posts by weinersnitzelz
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:15 AM
"Is it hard to fix?"
Joined Jun 2013
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weinersnitzelz View Post

Thanks
I have both and enjoy the pitts a lot more than the beast, I think it is a bit more stable in flight, and not quite as "twitchy".
GKeaton is offline Find More Posts by GKeaton
Last edited by GKeaton; Feb 24, 2015 at 11:16 AM. Reason: typo
Old Feb 24, 2015, 04:40 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
2,388 Posts
Have both planes,,They R Not Twitchy....................
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Feb 24, 2015, 05:06 PM
micro- modding madman
Joined Aug 2014
578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKeaton View Post
I have both and enjoy the pitts a lot more than the beast, I think it is a bit more stable in flight, and not quite as "twitchy".
Are you sure it's the beast 3D and not the original beast?
Old Feb 24, 2015, 05:11 PM
Unregistered User
United States, LA, St Francisville
Joined Apr 2014
1,450 Posts
Quote:
Are you sure it's the beast 3D and not the original beast?
Maybe by "twitchy," he means "responsive." The Pitts is less responsive than I've heard the Beast is.
Eagle2Nitro is offline Find More Posts by Eagle2Nitro
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Full Scale Aircraft
Old Feb 24, 2015, 05:18 PM
micro- modding madman
Joined Aug 2014
578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2Nitro View Post
Maybe by "twitchy," he means "responsive." The Pitts is less responsive than I've heard the Beast is.
Probably right.

Still, you should be able to dial the rates to your preference.