HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:14 PM
United States, VA, Chesterfield
Joined Mar 2001
5,476 Posts
They were very nice about it and asked for my permission and promised to provide the "credits".

I think the real CREDIT goes to GWS for designing and producing such wonderful little planes as their Pico Moth and Moth 400. I hope they will upgrade their designs some day to a more modern design for brushless and lipos, but I also understand they have other business interests to contend with.

Nevertheless, they have generated a large fan base thanks to their willingness to take a "flyer" on small foam planes for those of us that love them.

Kitty--I don't ever remember a GWS Fokker DVII. The photo on their site is the first I have ever seen of it. Maybe Mr. Chen would know.
Pat Daily is offline Find More Posts by Pat Daily
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2015, 08:04 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,558 Posts
Pat: Kudos to you for having your Moth photos used by GWS. Can't think of better examples of what the PTM should look like as well as perform.

Kitty: Good to hear from you again!

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old Jan 29, 2015, 09:23 PM
Joined Mar 2001
5,476 Posts
Thanks Doug!
Old Jan 30, 2015, 05:39 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,723 Posts
Hi Pat,

Thank you very much for your kind help on this matter, and your suggestions as well.
Boss and I and many colleagues all appreciate what you did on GWS Moths, your efforts made them more fantastic.

Thank you again,

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Old Jan 30, 2015, 05:40 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,723 Posts
Hi Kitty,

Nice to hear you again on RCG !

The GWS Fokker DVII is actually the same as what Sig sold ones. One of my Boss classmates produced the kits for Sig many years ago, Sig stop importing the kits later, he then stocked many materials of this vintage at his warehouse. My Boss bought all his stocks 5 more years ago, and tried to release them with GWS brand, we did 90% of the work on them, but Boss stopped this project later owing to some problem found on the materials. Probably I'd have to discuss this project with Boss again.

Chen
Old Jan 30, 2015, 05:50 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,723 Posts
Sorry, this one has been deleted.
Last edited by GWS CHEN; Feb 02, 2015 at 03:41 AM.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 01:25 PM
Bloomfield, IN
Joined Nov 2006
971 Posts
Weather was finally nice enough today I got in my first flight of the year and of course it was a Tiger Moth. Snow on ground, temp right a freezing, AND NOT MUCH WIND. I installed the skis on my cameo moth.
degreen60 is offline Find More Posts by degreen60
Old Feb 22, 2015, 12:58 AM
Joined Mar 2001
5,476 Posts
degreen60

Glad to see you got a chance to fly. It is so cold I am praying for global warming! Haven't done more than a couple of test hops since early November. Can't wait for spring. I have two new moths ready to go.