Shipped to work. Wife safe.
Canada, eh?
Joined Jan 2007
794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1980123 View Post

-Naza-M (from Ebay) $230

-Naza GPS Module (from Amazon) $169
I'm confused, the module is $230 and the add-on GPS Module is $169 on top of that?
Thai is offline Find More Posts by Thai
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:03 PM
Joined Jan 2013
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai View Post
I'm confused, the module is $230 and the add-on GPS Module is $169 on top of that?
You're not confused, you're absolutely correct. The Naza flight control is $230 and the ad-on GPS module is $169
michael1980123 is offline Find More Posts by michael1980123
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:09 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1980123 View Post
Do you have a link for the gimbal you're referring to? I looked at the gimbal for the bumblebee but it doesn't correct for roll. It's a single pitch axis :/
The gimble I'm talking about is on the pchobbies.com website (type in Gopro camera mount in there search box) I will post more info:
tallflyer is offline Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:54 PM
Joined Jan 2013
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallflyer View Post
The gimble I'm talking about is on the pchobbies.com website (type in Gopro camera mount in there search box) I will post more info:
The one made by quadframes.com?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:25 PM
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Jan 2013
247 Posts
BumbleBee Flight Controller

I have a Bumblebee Quad. When it leaves the ground it yaws so fast there is no recovery. Any ideas? I have played with the gain up and down to no avail.
teamhairball is offline Find More Posts by teamhairball
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:54 PM
Joined Jan 2013
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamhairball View Post
I have a Bumblebee Quad. When it leaves the ground it yaws so fast there is no recovery. Any ideas? I have played with the gain up and down to no avail.
Did you calibrate with the software? I've read that you need to be pretty dead on with the calibration.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:36 AM
Joined Jan 2013
247 Posts
TX Cali? Yes. I am new at this Forum stuff. Here is what I posted on another thread.

I have a Bumblebee and when it leaves the ground it immediately raws aggressively. To the point it will crash every time. I played with the gains, a little up, a little down, way up, way down. Have them all at 100% now. It seems to be only when I throttle up. To check things out I took a dolly (a board with 4 wheels that will roll in any direction) and strapped a piece of foam to it, removed the landing gear and used rubber bands to connect the BB to the rig. Basically to prevent it from actually flying, heavy training wheels. I test things out and all functions seem to operate correctly. Ramp it up so it is straining against the rubber bands and lifts off the dolly and hovers. I can stick left and it tips left. Stick right and it tips right. Forward and reverse, same thing. The dolly will travel if I give it enough gas. Yaw left and the dolly spins left. Same for right. Pretty funny to see. When I throttle up it gets all squirrelly. It seems to be rather random which way it aggressively yaws. Any ideas? I have sent emails to Good Luck Buy where I got the Flight Controller, but no response from them. Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:40 AM
Joined Jul 2002
6,371 Posts
Quote:
TX Cali? Yes. I am new at this Forum stuff. Here is what I posted on another thread.

I have a Bumblebee and when it leaves the ground it immediately raws aggressively. To the point it will crash every time. I played with the gains, a little up, a little down, way up, way down. Have them all at 100% now. It seems to be only when I throttle up. To check things out I took a dolly (a board with 4 wheels that will roll in any direction) and strapped a piece of foam to it, removed the landing gear and used rubber bands to connect the BB to the rig. Basically to prevent it from actually flying, heavy training wheels. I test things out and all functions seem to operate correctly. Ramp it up so it is straining against the rubber bands and lifts off the dolly and hovers. I can stick left and it tips left. Stick right and it tips right. Forward and reverse, same thing. The dolly will travel if I give it enough gas. Yaw left and the dolly spins left. Same for right. Pretty funny to see. When I throttle up it gets all squirrelly. It seems to be rather random which way it aggressively yaws. Any ideas? I have sent emails to Good Luck Buy where I got the Flight Controller, but no response from them. Thanks in advance.

Are you using all bumble bee hardware (flight board and everything)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:46 AM
Joined Jul 2002
6,371 Posts
The Bumble bee Quad User manual.

Ok Here is what I thought I would do I will write my on version of the manual for all the new pilots out there. try to keep it simple and show pictures of my Bumble bee
to help others get of the ground.

First this will only Cover the stock Bumble bee and the Bumble bee Control board.
Stock Motors and ESC's

I will be using my Spektrum DX7S and the Hobby King Orange Receiver (6 channel)

Battery used is a 3 cell 2200 mah pack.

Im not going to cover building the Quad just setting up the electronics to get you up and running.

Ok lets get started :

(Im shooting Pictures so stay tuned)

Some Basic stuff

The Radio that is required to fly the Quad should be a computer Radio with Digital trims, and your Radio will need to have at least one switch on it such as a (gear switch) consult your owners manual for this information. I will be using My Spektrum DX7S for the demo the DX6i,the DX7, and the DX8 will all setup the same.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by tallflyer; Jan 20, 2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:56 AM
Joined Jan 2013
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallflyer View Post
Are you using all bumble bee hardware (flight board and everything)
Yes, all straight BB.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:00 PM
Joined Jul 2002
6,371 Posts
Quote:
Yes, all straight BB.
Ok Great Im going to shoot a video today that shows me programing my Radio as a new model for the bumble Helicopter It will cover everything to get you up to date to make sure your Quad should work so stay tuned.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:02 PM
Joined Jan 2013
247 Posts
I am using a Gruaupner MX-20 TX and a GR-12 RX.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:11 PM
Joined Jul 2002
6,371 Posts
Your radio is a mode 1 or a mode 2 (mode 2 just means the throttle stick is on the left)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:12 PM
Joined Jan 2013
247 Posts
Mode 2, throttle on the left
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:18 PM
Joined Jul 2002
6,371 Posts
Ok and you have all the software loaded on a computer to program the Bumble Bee Flight board.
RCG Plus Member