New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 03:26 PM
Find More Posts by Race Miata
Vancouver, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadstick 8409 View Post
Meh. How hard is to match up a frame anyway? I just made a video in video clip yesterday, and it took all of a minute to sync it together. This is not professional grade equipment.
Agree. At the start of the recording do something like clapping your hands in front of all cams for the cue. The professional have been doing that for decades with the clap board.

I use free software Avisynth and VirtualDub to make PIP clips. I just find the frame # of each clip where the click/clap/what-have-you happens and apply those numbers in the text script. Super simple.

Here's one PIP clip of me flying heli with stick-cam (mobius on my neckstrap and smartphone on my cap, one-mand operation). I just use the clip of the switch to use as the cue. Super easy.

My Stretched Protos Stick Movement Again (3 min 31 sec)
Race Miata is online now Find More Posts by Race Miata
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 05:06 PM
Find More Posts by Eagle1980
Joined Feb 2014
21 Posts
Did somebody know how to optimize The quality for 30fps of The Mobius within sony Movie maker? .... I wished The stucking could be lower.
Cala Portals Vells, Mallorca (4 min 12 sec)
Eagle1980 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle1980
Old Today, 05:58 PM
Find More Posts by empeabee
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1an View Post
Rather than buying an obsolete class 4, just get a Samsung Evo. Works great and you get a fast 32GB microsd for less than 20 EUR/USD.
The Obsolete class 4 cards rarely if ever give probelems with the mobiusm, while class 10 ultra fast cards often cause problems. the data rate using a class 4 card (or even class 2) is exactly the same as when using a class 10 ultra supper plus plus wizbang card. The card speed has no effect on the picture quality what so ever, the only thing you get is a higher probability of strange and wonderous problems with the supercards.
You gain nothing, but spend more money on these fast cards, they are just not needed.
Sigh, you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink. (or even read the first 8 postings).
Mike
P.S. I did try the $5 32gig card from banggood - it went bangbad immediately, and dissipated from the website in double quick time. So cheapskating doesn work either
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Today, 07:19 PM
Find More Posts by JulianGoesPro
Joined Jun 2014
1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Miata View Post
Agree. At the start of the recording do something like clapping your hands in front of all cams for the cue.
Good tip! I use FCPX and it auto matches clips with analysing the sound but you can do it by hand and just look at the "clap peak" in the audio and "scroll in" to see each frame, that's at least how I did it bevor FCPX's auto matching^^
JulianGoesPro is online now Find More Posts by JulianGoesPro
Old Today, 08:54 PM
Find More Posts by vega2614
Joined Dec 2006
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
Whatever method you use, you should ALWAYS check the values after a firmware upgrade.
Thanks, I will be sure to do that. That makes sense.

However, in this case, I had not upgraded the firmware or even connected the Mobius to a PC between successful recordings and the start of the issue. I charged the camera using a USB outlet charger before the problem was noticed.

The only thing I can think of is the battery/charger combo somehow changed the settings. Unless there's a way to change the settings from the camera itself.
vega2614 is online now Find More Posts by vega2614