New Products Flash Sale
Old May 23, 2015, 02:10 AM
Find More Posts by Jetcat3
United States, ID, Rexburg
Joined Dec 2014
60 Posts
Quick question about a mix

Hey y'all! I'm flying a Flyzone Beaver that I'm currently setting up and I just installed my R617FS receiver. I've got quite a bit set up but I was just curious as to how I would set up a flap to elevator mix? When flaps are deployed this little Beaver likes to pitch up and I would like to minimize that affect with some down elevator compensation via a digital mix. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks so much!

Drew
Jetcat3 is offline Find More Posts by Jetcat3
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2015, 04:45 AM
Find More Posts by tritan
Joined Apr 2007
1,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanc View Post
Tritan,

By default the 14SG (and the 8FG for that matter) sends 8 channels through the trainer port. If you want it to send 12 channels, you need to change that in the TRAINER menu AND select an RF system which supports 12 or more channels. Selecting S-FHSS, FASST-7CH (and FASST-MULT on the 8FG) will limit the trainer port output to 8 channels regarding of the 8CH/12CH selection in the TRAINER menu.

Keep in mind that the 12-channel trainer output is not a "standard" PPM signal and may not be recognized by many systems working with PPM input. The PPM system timing was designed to work with up to 8 channels. Anything more than 8 channels uses a "compressed" PPM signal (with the exception of JR 9-channel PPM which slightly "stretches" the PPM frame).

Ivan
Thanks for your explanation, I have now the Dragonlink working perfectly.

I chose FASST-MULTI to get 12 channels. Dragonlink is great as it automatically recognize the compressed signal (22/11ms) on the Futaba 14SG.
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
Old May 23, 2015, 10:30 AM
Find More Posts by bdelapen
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Aug 2008
2,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetcat3 View Post
Hey y'all! I'm flying a Flyzone Beaver that I'm currently setting up and I just installed my R617FS receiver. I've got quite a bit set up but I was just curious as to how I would set up a flap to elevator mix? When flaps are deployed this little Beaver likes to pitch up and I would like to minimize that affect with some down elevator compensation via a digital mix. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks so much!

Drew
Look at the Camber setup, this if Futabaese for Flaps. It has elevator compensation.

- Birger
bdelapen is online now Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old May 23, 2015, 10:52 AM
Find More Posts by Jetcat3
United States, ID, Rexburg
Joined Dec 2014
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdelapen View Post
Look at the Camber setup, this if Futabaese for Flaps. It has elevator compensation.

- Birger
Thank you Birger! I'll give it a look. Also, any tips on setting up a 10:00 minute timer linked to the throttle channel? Can't seem to figure it out haha.
Jetcat3 is offline Find More Posts by Jetcat3
Old May 23, 2015, 11:28 AM
Find More Posts by bdelapen
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Aug 2008
2,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetcat3 View Post
Thank you Birger! I'll give it a look. Also, any tips on setting up a 10:00 minute timer linked to the throttle channel? Can't seem to figure it out haha.
Timers are pretty straight forward, what specifically are you stuck on?

- Birger
bdelapen is online now Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old May 23, 2015, 12:01 PM
Find More Posts by BigTradioman
United Kingdom, Harpenden
Joined Oct 2009
856 Posts
Futaba 14SG (See the updates and warnings in the first page)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan View Post
Trying to use TRAINER for a LRS system but am not sure things are right.

1) I can't change ACT to anything else but INH or OFF, can't have ON for some reason.

2) SW: I dont want to use a switch but I want to have it on all the time, should I use " --" ?

3) For channels I am using 12 CH.

4) Does it matter what SYSTEM I am using, currently FASST-MULTI.

Thanks

What UHF system are you using? I have tried to do the trainer port connect with the Rlink and Ezuhf and it will not work on my 14sg. Both work fine on my 8fg no problem with the trainer INH. They only need power and ppm signal. I cannot get power out of my socket. So it should work with trainer INH. Check the volts out of the pin.
BigTradioman is offline Find More Posts by BigTradioman
Old May 23, 2015, 12:16 PM
Find More Posts by tritan
Joined Apr 2007
1,952 Posts
I have Dragonlink, works great.
I have Trainer at OFF.
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
Old Yesterday, 04:08 AM
Find More Posts by Terenceskipp
Joined Oct 2008
13 Posts
So which transmitters are compatible with the 14SG as instructors tx.
I have the standard sq.to sq. buddy lead without the voltage chip.
Terenceskipp is offline Find More Posts by Terenceskipp
Old Yesterday, 04:12 AM
Find More Posts by BigTradioman
United Kingdom, Harpenden
Joined Oct 2009
856 Posts
Futaba 14SG (See the updates and warnings in the first page)

http://www.futaba-rc.com/systems/trainer-cord.html

In 1991 Futaba changed their trainer cord to one specific for the FM radio models. This is the black cord most Futaba radio pilots will have and be using.

In 2001, Futaba changed the trainer jack used on radios 9C and all later models to a square plug which snaps in place on a lighter, longer cord. This helps minimize accidental unplugs, makes it easier to work with, and is lighter and move mobile for training.

If you have a radio which uses a round plug with 6 pins, this is the 1991-2001 trainer plug; FUTM4410, M-TC-FM, is the trainer cord which connects 2 of this plug.

If you have a 9C or later radio with the square plug, FUTM4415, MMTC, is the cord which connects 2 radios with this plug.

If you have one of the FM plugs and one of the 9C plugs, then you need FUTM4420, MDTC, to connect these two radios.

If your radio is AM, or pre-1991, it MAY be able to use the FUTM4400, M-TC-AM gray trainer cord which plugs into a 5-pin jack. Unfortunately, we do not have a chart of all the 10+ year old radios' jack types and cannot tell you which cord your radio may need. Please try looking in the old manuals available at: http://www.futaba-rc.com/downloads/manuals.html

Go to
http://www.futaba-rc.com/downloads/manuals.html download the 14 sh manual and refer to the chart on page 51
BigTradioman is offline Find More Posts by BigTradioman
Last edited by BigTradioman; Yesterday at 04:38 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:58 AM
Find More Posts by ivanc
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
10,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terenceskipp View Post
So which transmitters are compatible with the 14SG as instructors tx.
I have the standard sq.to sq. buddy lead without the voltage chip.
12FG, 8FG and 14SG.
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
Old Yesterday, 06:13 PM
Find More Posts by WillyXJ
Joined Nov 2013
34 Posts
I would like to revisit this early discussion as I have searched the thread and haven't found a concrete answer. Before the 14SG was released, the claim was the R2008SB could support more than 8 channels. Now that I have the transmitter and am trying to use 9+ channels with the R2008SB receiver, it seems I am unable to as with the S-FHSS system mode, channels 9-12 become virtual channels in the Function menu and will not actually control any servos. Is this correct or is there a way to utilize all 14 channels out of the R2008SB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaluf View Post
It will output the number of channels the transmitter has. In the 14SG's case that is 14 total channels. 12 proportional and 2 switched.

Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonChambers View Post
So does the R2008SB output all 14 channels on the S.Bus port when using with the 14SG? Or is S-FHSS restricted to 8 channels only.

Cheers,
Si.
WillyXJ is online now Find More Posts by WillyXJ
Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM
Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R
Team Futaba
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyXJ View Post
I would like to revisit this early discussion as I have searched the thread and haven't found a concrete answer. Before the 14SG was released, the claim was the R2008SB could support more than 8 channels. Now that I have the transmitter and am trying to use 9+ channels with the R2008SB receiver, it seems I am unable to as with the S-FHSS system mode, channels 9-12 become virtual channels in the Function menu and will not actually control any servos. Is this correct or is there a way to utilize all 14 channels out of the R2008SB?
Bottom of page 75 makes it a bit more clear. But to cut to the chase, using S.Bus or not, when in S-FHSS mode you can only get 8 channels.
FASSTest 14-channel = up to 18 w/S.Bus
FASSTest 12-channel = up to 12 channels
Multi-FASST = Up to 14 channels
FASST 7-channel = 7up to 7 channels
Silent-AV8R is online now Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R
Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM
Find More Posts by WillyXJ
Joined Nov 2013
34 Posts
Thanks for pointing it out to me in the manual. I had searched the manual, too, and somehow missed that large chart! This definitely addresses the question.
WillyXJ is online now Find More Posts by WillyXJ
Old Today, 04:17 AM
Find More Posts by ripacheco
rip
United States, FL, Niceville
Joined Jan 2013
2,362 Posts
Tower hobbies lists the 7008 under 8-ch RX
The 614 listed under 14-ch RX at a premium

Gotta balance SBUS cost on the equation.
ripacheco is online now Find More Posts by ripacheco