SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 07:09 PM
Find More Posts by ariaAQ
Joined May 2015
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigglz View Post
That might work but I presumed the board was mounted correctly facing forward in which case it was logical to assume the motor order was incorrect.
I presume you have also read the manual? See first post in this thread.
Can you post a picture of the copter showing mounting and motors.
Also update to FW 1.19s
Your 1.9s is now very old FW.
You are also right Bigglz..

i will change motor 1 to 3 and 2 to 4. and reverse ail + elev on my tx.
i put the signal cable one by one to check, and run the motor,
using quad x model, my motor layout was correct:

1 FL CW - 2 FR CCW - 3 RR CW - 4 RL CCW

maybe something wrong with acc sensor on my board, working in reverse condition. i dont have usbasp to flash the board, will order soon.
thanks Bigglz

i made custom quad x. here is the picture:
ariaAQ is online now Find More Posts by ariaAQ
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM
Find More Posts by Bigglz
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Feb 2014
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariaAQ View Post
You are also right Bigglz..

i will change motor 1 to 3 and 2 to 4. and reverse ail + elev on my tx.
i put the signal cable one by one to check, and run the motor,
using quad x model, my motor layout was correct:

1 FL CW - 2 FR CCW - 3 RR CW - 4 RL CCW

maybe something wrong with acc sensor on my board, working in reverse condition. i dont have usbasp to flash the board, will order soon.
thanks Bigglz

i made custom quad x. here is the picture:
Interesting. I just checked the ACC Bubble on my KK2.1 (which is flying perfectly) and it moves the opposite direction to yours in your previous picture. Something very strange going on with yours.
Nice quad too.
P.S. My FW is 1.19s
Bigglz is online now Find More Posts by Bigglz
Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM
Find More Posts by thinc2
Joined Apr 2013
360 Posts
All,
I just started flying my quads again after over a year absence due to a country move. I'm slowly starting to pick things up again - both the technical knowledge and the motor skills.

But I'm having one issue that I'd like some advice on. When i last stopped flying I was doing relatively tight flips. NOw I can't seem to flip at all really - they are more like large loops than flips.

I need advcie on what settings i need to adjust in order to get faster/crisper flips.

Here's the info:

Ecks frame - 300mm
D2822/17 1100KV
12Amp Floatship ESC's
8x4.5 props
AUW w/out lipo - 544gr
1600mah lipo Nano Tech 25-50C
AUW w/lipo - 681

KK2 running Steve's SW (has the SL mix settings)
Running SL Mix Med
Pitch/Roll Pgain: 86
Pitch/Roll P Limit: 100
Pitch/Rill I Gain: 40
Pitch/Roll I limit: 20

Yaw figures: 75/20/25/10

Self level P Gain: 70, P Limit: 29

Stick Scaling: 55/55/55/90

Do I need higher C lipo, or higher stick scaling, or change the SL mix, or just higher KV motors or change the PID settings?

Thank you for any advice.
thinc2 is offline Find More Posts by thinc2
Old Today, 11:47 AM
Find More Posts by ukbren
United Kingdom, Derbyshire
Joined Aug 2011
939 Posts
Quote:
Hi..
my motor layout and direction is correct, can do throtle yaw pitch and roll in the right way. the problem start when the quad tilt to one direction, the opposite motor start to spin faster, faster, and faster.. and flipped out my quad.

i see David Windestål kk2 setup video on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ4AaI6KPhA

my acc bubble move to the opposite direction..
here is David video screen shot.
that is correct, and from your description is the same behaviour as yours? at 13:40 in the video he pushes down on the bottom left of the KK2 and the 'bubble' goes top right - imagine if the kk2 screen is slightly domed and the dot is a real bubble, that's where it would go.

double/triple check that you have props on correctly. unplug all the ESC and start again. check again connections from RX. it will be something simple.

edit:
I see in your picture that the props appear to be on correctly (and assuming they all rotate the correct direction).

it also appears that you have one of those 4-in-1 ESCs (like Q-Brain) - if so, I would gamble Bigglz's house that the inputs from the KK2 are not correct, or the motors 1-4 out are not correct.

again if it is a QBrain, something else. check which input requires the power and ground - I seem to remember from somewhere that it had to be input #3 on the QBrain, although I could be wrong. have a read here - http://www.instructables.com/id/A-SK...ht-Controller/ - as it suggests there is a mismatch between kk2 outputs and qbrain inputs/outputs.
ukbren is offline Find More Posts by ukbren
Last edited by ukbren; Today at 11:57 AM.
Old Today, 03:44 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Feb 2014
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukbren View Post

it also appears that you have one of those 4-in-1 ESCs (like Q-Brain) - if so, I would gamble Bigglz's house that the inputs from the KK2 are not correct, or the motors 1-4 out are not correct.

again if it is a QBrain, something else. check which input requires the power and ground - I seem to remember from somewhere that it had to be input #3 on the QBrain, although I could be wrong. have a read here - http://www.instructables.com/id/A-SK...ht-Controller/ - as it suggests there is a mismatch between kk2 outputs and qbrain inputs/outputs.
That would be correct. I had problems setting up using a QBrain because the 5v out is only on M3 and I had to plug the M3 lead from the QBrain into M1 on the KK2 in order to power the unit and Rx. This meant the motor order had to be changed at the motor output leads from the QBrain. I just swapped M1 and M3 input leads at the KK2 and took the M3 out to motor 1 and M1 out to motor 3. If you haven't done this and have M3 plugged into M1 but output still to motor 3 it may explain why your ACC bubble is moving the wrong way and definitely explains why your quad is flipping on takeoff.
Old Today, 06:47 PM
Find More Posts by quadboy
United States, GA, Moultrie
Joined Feb 2013
270 Posts
can the kk flash tool be downloaded in a smart phone
quadboy is online now Find More Posts by quadboy
Old Today, 06:57 PM
Find More Posts by ariaAQ
Joined May 2015
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigglz View Post
That would be correct. I had problems setting up using a QBrain because the 5v out is only on M3 and I had to plug the M3 lead from the QBrain into M1 on the KK2 in order to power the unit and Rx. This meant the motor order had to be changed at the motor output leads from the QBrain. I just swapped M1 and M3 input leads at the KK2 and took the M3 out to motor 1 and M1 out to motor 3. If you haven't done this and have M3 plugged into M1 but output still to motor 3 it may explain why your ACC bubble is moving the wrong way and definitely explains why your quad is flipping on takeoff.
Ukbren, yes there is mismatch between kk2 signal output and emax 4in1 esc signal input

i already swap the input to the esc before connecting esc to kk board, originally the esc no 4 with the BEC 5V (3 lead), and the next is 3 - 2 -1 (single lead). swap no 4 with no 1, and make the right order 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 (as the kk output). there is nothing wrong with the wiring (one by one check many many times), esc calibrated, motor timing set to med high (for high kv motor), motor direction correct -->> always flip the quad

after swap the no 1 to 3 and 2 to 4, reverse ail + ele on tx everything seems okay, (tested on the ground), motor auto correction work in the right way (reversed in reality). what a strange board..!

i will try to fly the quad tomorrow, hope everything is normal.. wish me luck.
ariaAQ is online now Find More Posts by ariaAQ
Last edited by ariaAQ; Today at 08:09 PM.
Old Today, 08:40 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Feb 2014
426 Posts
Quote:

after swap the no 1 to 3 and 2 to 4, reverse ail + ele on tx everything seems okay, (tested on the ground), motor auto correction work in the right way (reversed in reality). what a strange board..!

i will try to fly the quad tomorrow, hope everything is normal.. wish me luck.
You might have got it sorted it now. Good luck.
It's not the board that's strange. It's just that it's quite difficult to sort out the correct motor order when using a QBrain or Emax.