Old Sep 06, 2013, 09:08 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmodels View Post
Oh and PS boys.
Finally went to maiden the Pro yesterday.
About 45secs into the hover the ESC went Poof... Magic fire
2 ESC's going back to Castle in one week... Grrr
If interested check out the hobbywing 40amp for your chaos on 6s ..

I have never even given castle a chance because of all the negative stories I have read in years past...Hobbywing esc's have yet to let me down one time.

Yes all brands of esc have smoked at one time or another. Just seems more so with castles...Whats boggling is this has taken place for years now. One would think they would have fixed whatever the cause was that has taken place so many times. I danno - - - - It is what it is.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Last edited by Dejavu*Xion; Sep 06, 2013 at 09:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2013, 09:05 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jun 2010
2,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
If interested check out the hobbywing 40amp for your chaos on 6s ..

I have never even given castle a chance because of all the negative stories I have read in years past...Hobbywing esc's have yet to let me down one time.

Yes all brands of esc have smoked at one time or another. Just seems more so with castles...Whats boggling is this has taken place for years now. One would think they would have fixed whatever the cause was that has taken place so many times. I danno - - - - It is what it is.
The only experience I have with Castle products is a 20amp BEC that I use on my Gaui X5 - 2 years and about 400 flights with no issues.

I have plenty of the Hobbywing ESCs, several 40 Amp on 450s, a 60amp Platinum Pro on a 450 PRO and a 100 amp Platinum Pro on a Gaui 550 - all have been flawless and some of the 450s have over 1000 flights.

crmodels, Your Chaos looks great. Love the canopy design, sorry 'bout the ESCs.
Rob2160 is online now Find More Posts by Rob2160
Old Sep 15, 2013, 09:21 AM
Chris Reibert #78
Joined Dec 2008
452 Posts
I talked to castle on weds. As long as I can dig up my receipts they are covering both ESC's. I've been using CC products for over a decade and will keep using them. I love their setup software. I'm hoping these two issues was just a fluke...
crmodels is online now Find More Posts by crmodels
Old Oct 02, 2013, 11:41 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2010
4,077 Posts
This thing looks just like the ALZRC body kits.

Is it just re-branded?

Carbon Frame plates, fiberglass fuselage, it all looks identical
Jwmflying14 is offline Find More Posts by Jwmflying14
Old Oct 02, 2013, 11:51 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2010
4,077 Posts
After a closer look at the pictures, it is not the same.

The canopy is a different shape, and the boom cover doesn't look structural at all. It truthfully looks like it is just an upside down "U' shape.

It looks cool nonetheless. It also looks a bit easier to put together than the ALZRC fuse. There is quite a bit more of a "hump" behind the swash which appears to help when trying to fit a gyro under there! Notice how mine needed to be cut.

I was shockingly surprised how stiff my ALZRC fuselage is. The way the boom works it feels just as stiff, if not stiffer than the boom with the braces.
Jwmflying14 is offline Find More Posts by Jwmflying14
Old Oct 08, 2013, 09:20 PM
Chris Reibert #78
Joined Dec 2008
452 Posts
It's not pretty looking yet. I strapped the ESC to the bottom of the 450 to break in the ESC and make sure it doesn't go poof again. Put a couple of normal test flights on it tonight. Need to tune the FBL system before I push it to hard. Working on a number of things but wanted to finally show the 450 the sky

Old Oct 14, 2013, 06:11 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2160 View Post
The only experience I have with Castle products is a 20amp BEC that I use on my Gaui X5 - 2 years and about 400 flights with no issues.

I have plenty of the Hobbywing ESCs, several 40 Amp on 450s, a 60amp Platinum Pro on a 450 PRO and a 100 amp Platinum Pro on a Gaui 550 - all have been flawless and some of the 450s have over 1000 flights.

crmodels, Your Chaos looks great. Love the canopy design, sorry 'bout the ESCs.
I will be doing a Gaui X3 over the next 2 weeks.. Rather then going with the typical 40amp... Im thinking I will go with the 60amp pro... Its still 35mm wide. So thought I would take this route instead.. Anyways - - I like where I read that you have done the same on your 6s 450's. ( Im assuming 6s for your H.W 60amp Pro )
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Oct 16, 2013, 12:29 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,302 Posts
You need to keep your esc weight down as light as possible so you don't run into cog problems later ?
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Old Nov 16, 2013, 01:33 PM
Chris Reibert #78
Joined Dec 2008
452 Posts
Gotta tell ya having a little baby girl is a blessing but trying to fit this project and that project and make that deadline is a challenge.
Finally got my Chaos 450 Pro wrapped up and out for a maiden today.
Sorry it took so long

Chaos 450 Pro Maiden Flight (3 min 10 sec)
Old Nov 26, 2013, 07:14 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jun 2010
2,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
I will be doing a Gaui X3 over the next 2 weeks.. Rather then going with the typical 40amp... Im thinking I will go with the 60amp pro... Its still 35mm wide. So thought I would take this route instead.. Anyways - - I like where I read that you have done the same on your 6s 450's. ( Im assuming 6s for your H.W 60amp Pro )
Sorry for the late reply, I just saw your post.

I should have tried 6S but this one is only 3S with a 65C Nano Tech 2250 battery. It has lots of power with the scorpion motor, but I should have used a 13T pinion instead of the 12T for more rotor RPM.

New 450 (0 min 55 sec)

and the maiden.. I have fixed the tail blow out now, by lowering the max pitch slightly.

New 450 Pro (7 min 52 sec)
Rob2160 is online now Find More Posts by Rob2160