SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 05, 2012, 06:16 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy View Post
Will the mini pet batts work on the V939?
I believe all the micro quads batteries will work with each other that use the Walkera plugs. Charging is another thing. The WL Toys charger should work on all other batteries as the overcharging circuit is in both the charger and the battery. Other batteries, such as the Mini Pet have the overcharging circuit only in the battery.

With the lipo shipping scare we didn't order spare stock batteries, but we do have 100 45-90C Turnigy's on the way (not to be charged with Mini Pet charger). Next order that goes out we will stock up on spare batteries as well as see if we can start stocking the WL Toys charger.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2012, 06:24 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,367 Posts
Jesolin did a fantastic review of the various micro quad batteries. I believe the "best" (in terms of performance & price) was the UDI U816 batteries.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:39 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
Any chance you'll sell some things via Amazon? I know they are a middleman but I really like the convenience of Amazon giftcards.
Working on the Amazon listings right now. Let me tell ya.......Amazon is a major PITA
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:47 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Working on the Amazon listings right now. Let me tell ya.......Amazon is a major PITA
Uh oh. Why's that? What exactly are you planning on putting up there?

I just ordered a couple of V949's from Amazon. I was excited because they were listed for $52 and had free shipping. Turns out they are being shipped from Hong Kong with an estimated delivery date of 12/4 - 12/19! Oh well. One of them is Christmas gift so I hope it gets here in time. People in the 1800's mail ordered stuff quicker than that.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:12 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,359 Posts
Quote:
Uh oh. Why's that? What exactly are you planning on putting up there?

I just ordered a couple of V949's from Amazon. I was excited because they were listed for $52 and had free shipping. Turns out they are being shipped from Hong Kong with an estimated delivery date of 12/4 - 12/19! Oh well. One of them is Christmas gift so I hope it gets here in time. People in the 1800's mail ordered stuff quicker than that.
They require your first born in order to list a new product. It's hard to list new products, usually you have to offer a price of an existing product that's already listed.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:17 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Are you going the route of "fulfilled by Amazon"?
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:03 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Are you going the route of "fulfilled by Amazon"?
I don't think so. It would increase costs and I like the fact that each unit that gets shipped now will be flight tested. It doesn't allow us to save the customer money on shipping if they decide to order spares along with the main order.

I really don't want to mess with Amazon, but it's a necessary evil.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:47 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,359 Posts
Well guys the website is up as well as the store. Nothing is for sale yet at the store it's in catalogue mode now until I can confirm with UPS\USPS that lipos aren't going to be a problem,and I still have a little more to do (such as descriptions). Hopefully we can start taking orders later this week as we have recieved all inventory (except spare canopies). If you could kick the tires and let James or me know of any problems you see, we'd appreciate it.

MassiveRC website: http://www.massiverc.com/
MassiveRC Store: http://www.massiverc.com/PrestaShop/

Nothing is listed on Amazon or Ebay yet. Thanks for your patience as we 'learn how to walk'.

One more thing: If you could save $2-4 off the price of a quad if it didn't have the retail box, would you opt for it?
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:59 AM
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Looks like a good start. I did notice things got a little funky on my iPad when I went to open up the thumbnails of the quads. I Couldnt "X" them out. Could just be Safari.

The discount without the retail box sounds great!!!

Are you going to put Ladybird props on your Amazon store?
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:24 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,268 Posts
Couple of comments on your site MO.

1) as mentioned above, site is not very ipad friendly.
2) a bug in the register account process, it keep asking for a phone number but there's no place to enter it.

Fine job thus far otherwise.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:27 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
I don't know if I'm just missing it but I see no pricing anywhere.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:30 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,268 Posts
skitch, that's because nothing is for sale yet. MO did mention a while ago his target price for a mini pet RTF is around $50 plus shipping, and for the Nano-Tech 300 45C's $5 plus shipping. Of course he has the right to change that.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:50 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
skitch, that's because nothing is for sale yet. MO did mention a while ago his target price for a mini pet RTF is around $50 plus shipping, and for the Nano-Tech 300 45C's $5 plus shipping. Of course he has the right to change that.
Okay I wasn't sure if it was just a bug in the mobile version because I was on my phone, thanks for clearing that up
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:56 PM
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
What's the deal with lipo shipping? I read a little bit about it in one of the threads. USPS won't ship lipos unless they are in the device? One way you could get around that is to put any extra lipos someone orders inside the tx battery compartment during shipping. I don't have mine with me at the moment but I wonder how many would fit in there. And of course place one inside the quad. Just a thought.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 03:28 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,359 Posts
Quote:
What's the deal with lipo shipping? I read a little bit about it in one of the threads. USPS won't ship lipos unless they are in the device? One way you could get around that is to put any extra lipos someone orders inside the tx battery compartment during shipping. I don't have mine with me at the moment but I wonder how many would fit in there. And of course place one inside the quad. Just a thought.
Great minds think alike

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4662

Quote:
Looks like a good start. I did notice things got a little funky on my iPad when I went to open up the thumbnails of the quads. I Couldnt "X" them out. Could just be Safari.

The discount without the retail box sounds great!!!

Are you going to put Ladybird props on your Amazon store?
I'm going to try, but as I've said before Amazon requires you to sacrifice a lamb to add a new product.

Quote:
Couple of comments on your site MO.

1) as mentioned above, site is not very ipad friendly.
2) a bug in the register account process, it keep asking for a phone number but there's no place to enter it.

Fine job thus far otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
I don't know if I'm just missing it but I see no pricing anywhere.
Quote:
Thanks for the input guys. I haven't drunk the Kool Aid yet, but I know how important it is for the site to be both mobile as well as Apple friendly so I'll work on it. Frankly, I'm pretty happy considering I've done the website by myself (except James's Flight page) in a week with no prior experience.

I'm going to try and find the cheapest price that I can ship the lipos if ordered by themselves, but it will probably be USPS padded envelope.

Yes you won't be able to order anything yet until I get the shipping API's finalized, and I have to weigh everything and make sure that you don't get charged for extra shipping when ordering multiple items. Right now it gives you free shipping, which we would love to do, but then we'd be a non-profit organization

If you order a Mini Pet, any additional items will be put in the same box so long as they fit, and you won't have to pay extra shipping on them, or order 5 batteries or 3 sets of props by themselves you only pay what we pay.

I also tested the stock Mini Pet USB charger on the Turnigy's and the charger does have overcharging protection built into it so it should charge other brand lipos if you don't already have a decent charger. The charger also seems to have polarity protection (ask me how I know ), but the Turnigy's we sell will already have their leads swapped so you won't have to do it.

I know you all would love to see more products, but it makes no sense for us to carry them unless we can get aggressive pricing and manufacturer stability (Hubsan). Once we get deals negotiated you'll see more products, but we're currently working on getting the V939.
Site Sponsor