HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 23, 2012, 08:10 PM
I Am a Proud Registered User
United States, MA, Hamilton
Joined Sep 2012
219 Posts
Discussion
project

hey im going to do a project but need to kow what holds the alllireons and elevator to the foam where you cut it out
mass flyer is offline Find More Posts by mass flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:23 PM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
17,131 Posts
For flat sheet foam you can use strips of clear package sealing tape, that is about 2 mil tape (0.002") and would be like the Duck brand Standard (not Heavy Duty) tape you can get at Wal-Mart.

The attached figure shows how you use it, practice on some scrap and it won't take long to figure it out. The hinges will last as long at least as long as the airplane does!

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:04 AM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Pompano Beach
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
If using solvent safe foam Welders glue can be used to make a glue hinge.
In the first aid section of the drug store is a product called paper tape. I think it is Tyvek with a special human safe adhesive that sticks to oily skin. It is very sticky and strong. It's best quality is it is very flexible/limp compared to packing tape. It takes the corners with out the tendencie to straighten back out and lift at sharp bends.
Although I don't know how you equate hinging to electric motor repair but that's my suggestion
zeroback is offline Find More Posts by zeroback
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 30, 2012, 03:47 PM
I Am a Proud Registered User
United States, MA, Hamilton
Joined Sep 2012
219 Posts
thx guys
mass flyer is offline Find More Posts by mass flyer