HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2012, 09:47 PM
Joined Feb 2012
3 Posts
Discussion
Elogger V4 not reading RPM mag or brushless

Any help with my rpm readings with elogger and power panel. Not getting any rpm reading. I have tried different rpm sensors, first I used the brushless one and nothing, then the magnetic version...still nothing. All is get is volts and amp draw. I am using a car type brushless motor (thunderpower and novak style for 1/10 scale cars.)
Dynoman is offline Find More Posts by Dynoman
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2012, 08:28 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,560 Posts
Don't know that this'll help (or is a requisite) but just to cover the base, did you remember to check for software/firmware updates, and/or alt setup configs when you changed over from one type sensor to the other? Just something to look into until the 'real' help arrives. ~
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2012, 12:11 AM
Saline, MI
Joined Jul 2006
300 Posts
I'd check:
1) The logger is set to record RPM in the hardware setup page
2) The right type of sensor is set and configured in the RPM calibration page
3) The right RPM (RPM1) is set to display in the software config page.
If all that is right, and you are sure the RPM sensor is plugged in correctly, save your test to an FDR file, import it into excel, and look at the RPM readings in the RPM columns.
dhares is offline Find More Posts by dhares
Old Feb 04, 2012, 12:17 AM
Saline, MI
Joined Jul 2006
300 Posts
Continued...
Once you have RPM readings that are correct in Live Mode or in the recordings, you can proceed to set up your Power Panel. It also needs to be configured from the software package to display RPM. Setting up the power panel display is similar to setting up the onscreen display, and is well covered in the power panel manual.
dhares is offline Find More Posts by dhares