HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 10, 2011, 09:31 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1 Posts
Question
slope soaring near sacramento

I am new to slope soaring is there any places to fly slope near roseville or near by
alula is offline Find More Posts by alula
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2011, 04:50 PM
United States, CA, Roseville
Joined May 2011
35 Posts
well look what I found when I googled slope soaring sacramento. I too live in roseville and woudl liek to find some spots to soar. I know that people fly ioff of Dyke 8 on folsom lake but I live too far to drive there to find out that the wind isnt blowing. Any luck in your search? I am also looking for someone to fly with. I will not pay to join a club.
Let me know
Soar Neck is offline Find More Posts by Soar Neck
Old Aug 27, 2011, 02:11 AM
Bill in Sacto
West Sacramento, CA
Joined Jan 2009
42 Posts
Hey guys,

Have a new Weasel and Alula and looking for places in the Sacto region to try these new toys out.

Any info and/or anyone want to get together let me know.

Bill
SactoFlyer is offline Find More Posts by SactoFlyer
Old Oct 11, 2011, 06:30 AM
United States, GA, Loganville
Joined Aug 2007
3 Posts
Slope Flying near SACTO

Other than Dike 8 and the Forestville bridge area, travel is needed to get to Los Banos (c140 miles) or Berkely Marina.
mikeb235 is offline Find More Posts by mikeb235
Old Mar 08, 2012, 07:42 PM
Thermal searchin
United States, CA, Rio Linda
Joined Aug 2011
11 Posts
I have a 2x4 that I fly at local parks ans such near Rio Linda but I know they used to loap off of the ridge at the nimbus dam on the North side not sure if its still allowed or not though
E.Scheffler is offline Find More Posts by E.Scheffler
Old May 20, 2012, 04:37 AM
United States, CA, Roseville
Joined May 2011
35 Posts
lets make this happen
Soar Neck is offline Find More Posts by Soar Neck
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:17 PM
Demonstrations on Saturdays!
United States, CA, Woodland
Joined Jan 2012
405 Posts
Check these guys out. August 18, 2012 Woodland Davis Aeromodelers. Usually open to guests and newcomers.
gravityking is offline Find More Posts by gravityking
Old Oct 02, 2012, 11:35 PM
Ultrabatics enthusiast
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Aug 2012
998 Posts
Think I might try to head out to Marin and check out the slope. Is it good in October?
Diceman89 is offline Find More Posts by Diceman89
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:25 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
United States, NV, Silver Springs
Joined Mar 2007
1,961 Posts
I hear that R/C Country hobby store didn't have their usual fall swap meet. I was bummed because I had planned on attending. But fear not, becuase there is one down the road in Reno, next weekend. This is a great opportunity to clear out those items you don't need any more and generate some cash to fund your winter building projects.

The Swap Meet is sponsored by Bridewire, a community workspace. There is no cost to attend or to setup a table and sell your stuff. We are hoping to see a wide variety of items for sale but limited to hobby, electronics, crafts, etc. See the attached flyer and share with your freinds and families.

I hope to see you all there!
johnorama is offline Find More Posts by johnorama