SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 08, 2013, 08:48 PM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Aug 2009
24 Posts
Question
Ignition Tachometer problem?

Hi guys I have a 26cc RCG gasser with the Pegasus electronic ignition.
Now I am trying to add the mini tachometer that connects to the wire from the sensor to the ignition unit, now with the tachometer connected you have no spark at the sparkplug unplug the tach meter and you will have a spark why?
On the other hand start the engine and then plug in the tach meter its working fine. Can someone please explain.
reefpilot is offline Find More Posts by reefpilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2013, 01:04 PM
United States, TX, Lake Jackson
Joined Aug 2011
81 Posts
Here is a solution to your problem. Put a switch between you Tach and your ignition. When you need your Tach then turn it on. I use a hand held myself.

Regards
tpasztor is offline Find More Posts by tpasztor