Old Jan 03, 2016, 12:46 PM
Find More Posts by ipscwolle
Germany, BW, Eislingen
Joined Jun 2014
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk6672 View Post
1+, you may break props with a 14. I put taller and skinnier tires on from a Top Flite 60 P-47 plane to give me more ground clearance with the 13x8. I like the 13x8.
Ok, I found a 13x8 in my stock. But it's labeled APC 13x8 Sport LP13080 Landing Product. Think this is not suitable for electric motors, or am I wrong?

Wolfgang
ipscwolle is offline Find More Posts by ipscwolle
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2016, 01:24 PM
Find More Posts by jk6672
John
United States, CA, Heber
Joined Sep 2012
5,434 Posts
IDK, I'm using a VOX electric prop.
jk6672 is online now Find More Posts by jk6672
Old Jan 03, 2016, 02:59 PM
Find More Posts by 3rd Try
United States, NY, Champlain
Joined Jul 2012
633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipscwolle View Post
Ok, I found a 13x8 in my stock. But it's labeled APC 13x8 Sport LP13080 Landing Product. Think this is not suitable for electric motors, or am I wrong?

Wolfgang
The sport is heavier than the electric and a little less efficient, but will work fine. Please check you setup with a wattmeter before flying to insure your not exceeding max amps or watts on you esc or motor.

Regards

Dennis
3rd Try is online now Find More Posts by 3rd Try
Old Jan 04, 2016, 01:52 PM
Find More Posts by ipscwolle
Germany, BW, Eislingen
Joined Jun 2014
84 Posts
Hello Dennis,
it's unbelievable what you can find in a hobby room if you dig deep enough
Found a bench of 48 props, among them 2 pcs 12x8 APC electric! Just one hour after I have ordered wooden VOX props, one 13x8 and two 12x8.
Will make an Excel list now and hang it onto the wall in my hobby room.....
So, let's hope for better weather and then test them all
TNX and greets
Wolfgang
ipscwolle is offline Find More Posts by ipscwolle
Old Jan 19, 2016, 07:57 PM
Find More Posts by cbinfl
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Jun 2009
239 Posts
I received my ElectroStik tonight, and the covering's not too bad. I think I can clean it up, but the left aileron has a "click" and some play in the control wire and the aileron. I see that "rkleinhenz" had a problem with his and wonder about dripping CA down the vertical wire ? I would like to cut the wire where it enters the end of the aileron and exits the wing bottom with a Dremel and going with two aileron servos. Any hints on the least damaging way to remove the existing aileron linkage ?
cbinfl is offline Find More Posts by cbinfl
Old Jan 20, 2016, 07:32 AM
Joined Jul 2012
633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbinfl View Post
I received my ElectroStik tonight, and the covering's not too bad. I think I can clean it up, but the left aileron has a "click" and some play in the control wire and the aileron. I see that "rkleinhenz" had a problem with his and wonder about dripping CA down the vertical wire ? I would like to cut the wire where it enters the end of the aileron and exits the wing bottom with a Dremel and going with two aileron servos. Any hints on the least damaging way to remove the existing aileron linkage ?
CB; I highly recommend using 2 servos for the ailerons, that said, your issue with the loose/noisy torque rod is probably not important. Please check and insure that the torque rod is not hitting the inside of the fuselage.

Regards

Dennis
Old Jan 20, 2016, 08:38 AM
Find More Posts by cbinfl
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Jun 2009
239 Posts
3try, thanks for the reply. I cleaned and dug out around the wire down in where it sticks out of the wing bottom with an Exacto knife and freed it up. I think there was dried CA? hitting the wire enough that it clicked and inhibited the movement. The wire is still a little loose in the end of the aileron but now that the aileron moves freely I will use 2 servos and leave the wires in place.
cbinfl is offline Find More Posts by cbinfl
Last edited by cbinfl; Jan 20, 2016 at 08:56 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 02:38 PM
Find More Posts by Suenaga
Jim Lafferty
United States, CA, Redlands
Joined Feb 2014
3,017 Posts
Lost my battery cover in flight and I see they don't list one as a replacement part--anyone else have this happen and if so, what was your fix?

Jim
Suenaga is offline Find More Posts by Suenaga
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Heli Forward Flight Practice
Old Feb 18, 2016, 06:38 PM
Joined Jul 2012
633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suenaga View Post
Lost my battery cover in flight and I see they don't list one as a replacement part--anyone else have this happen and if so, what was your fix?

Jim
I lost my cover when I clipped a tree, flew without it for two years, always planning on making a new one. I would layer 1/16 th light ply with some balsa to get the proper thickness. Embed some rare earth magnets at each corner, and cover with missile red monokote. Or just fly without it.

Regards

Dennis
Old Feb 18, 2016, 08:08 PM
Find More Posts by yodada
Middle Tennessee
Joined Feb 2009
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Try View Post
I lost my cover when I clipped a tree, flew without it for two years, always planning on making a new one. I would layer 1/16 th light ply with some balsa to get the proper thickness. Embed some rare earth magnets at each corner, and cover with missile red monokote. Or just fly without it.

Regards

Dennis
However those are NOT magnets on the cover side. They are simply ferrous metal pieces. Just embed small washers (2 - 3 mm) at each corner......ask me how I know.
Regards,
yodada
yodada is offline Find More Posts by yodada
Old Feb 18, 2016, 09:49 PM
Find More Posts by Suenaga
Jim Lafferty
United States, CA, Redlands
Joined Feb 2014
3,017 Posts
Thanks guys!

Jim
Suenaga is offline Find More Posts by Suenaga