New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 06:34 AM
Find More Posts by VTPete
United States, NH, Claremont
Joined May 2014
186 Posts
Discussion
Need advice: Can I run 4S on my DJI E300 based F450?

Hi All,
Pete here. The simple question, that I can't find a clear answer to is, can I run my F450 flame wheel with E300 power system and Naza M Lite on four cells rather than three?

I love my flame wheel, but with the mobius 3-axis gimbal I have on it, it's less than spritely and I'm getting about seven minutes of flight time from the 3300ma 3-cells I'm running.

I have some four cell batteries from a plane that I could use... around 3500ma (don't remember exactly.)

Oh, and I'm running the stock nine inch props as well.

The part I'm a bit confused about is whether the Naza M Lite can handle 4 cells, whether the E300 ESCs and motors can handle it and whether the voltage going to the receiver will be correct.

Lots of posts of people talking about this, but I'd much rather have a "You'll be fine, Pete!" response before I plug it in!

-Pete
VTPete is offline Find More Posts by VTPete
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 06:38 AM
Find More Posts by MultiRotR
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2014
437 Posts
I run 4S on my Naza M V2 with E300. Most DJI stuff handles 3S-6S without a problem but I've never use a lite. Look on the PMU and see if it says anything or check the manual.
MultiRotR is offline Find More Posts by MultiRotR
Old Today, 07:31 AM
Find More Posts by BuffaloJustin
building addict
United States, SC, Lexington
Joined May 2014
2,923 Posts
Yes, the E300 will handle 4S.

Yes, the Naza lite PMU (old style "VU" or new separate PMU and LED) will handle 4S. All DJI multirotor flight controllers accept 3-6S input for their respective PMUs. I am running 4S on two Naza lites presently
BuffaloJustin is online now Find More Posts by BuffaloJustin
Old Today, 07:36 AM
Find More Posts by Repaid1
What goes up, hopefully lands!
United States, OH, Johnstown
Joined Sep 2014
714 Posts
From the above post, I will say it, You'll be fine, Pete!
Repaid1 is offline Find More Posts by Repaid1
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 12:31 PM
Find More Posts by VTPete
United States, NH, Claremont
Joined May 2014
186 Posts
Thanks guys, I'm going to try it out ASAP!
And, I apologize... I should have posted this in the F450 master thread that I just found. I feel like a newbie! -Pete
VTPete is offline Find More Posts by VTPete