New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2015, 06:02 AM
Find More Posts by handyman 220
United States, CT, East Hartford
Joined Jul 2008
880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsa44 View Post
hmmmm, i have a little bit of time, and not enough planes! Nudge nudge, wink wink!
lol!!
handyman 220 is offline Find More Posts by handyman 220
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2015, 04:27 PM
Find More Posts by panzercreation
TSHobbies
Georgia
Joined Jun 2010
430 Posts
hey folks, finally got mine assembled enough to test out the retracts,but Im having an issue with the front gear door..it'll work if I hook it straight to the receiver,but going through the gear control sequencer it wont work..just the door. the gear works fine, as well as the main doors. any ideas? or do I need to call BH? btw, they had that wire labeled wrong..took me forever to figure out it was for that door. it was labeled CH4 (Direction)
panzercreation is offline Find More Posts by panzercreation
Old Dec 13, 2015, 08:54 PM
TSHobbies
Georgia
Joined Jun 2010
430 Posts
sorry for the crappy vid..need to get another light ,and an extra set of hands to make a better one...but trying to show whats going on....out of camera sight the gear door was closed when the gear decided to go up unexpectedly a broke a part off the door.
20151024 (1 min 38 sec)
Old Dec 13, 2015, 09:28 PM
TSHobbies
Georgia
Joined Jun 2010
430 Posts
ok after playing with it alittle more, the door servo is working ,however it trys to close BEFORE the gear comes up...looks like that servo is reversed . and swapping the direction of the plug doesnt work ..is there anyway for me to reverse it? or do I have a bad sequencer (programmed wrong)?
Old Dec 13, 2015, 09:43 PM
Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
3,870 Posts
Are you wanting to reverse the operation of the worm gear retract, or the door servo?

If you just want to reverse the door servo (or any servo) you can use this method It is a bigger servo in the video, but the process is the same. I've reversed servos as small as 5 gram using this method.

If I remember right, the worm gear motor only has 2 wires (+ and -). I was under the impression that turning the plug around on the control board would make this type of retract operate in reverse???

Did you try maxing out your retract channel ATV? The Sequencer might see signal to open the door, but not to command the retract. Just spit-balling here.
Cubcrazy is offline Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: GWS Funny Park
Old Dec 14, 2015, 08:18 AM
TSHobbies
Georgia
Joined Jun 2010
430 Posts
The door servo.. when Im retracting the gear, the nose gear door closes before the gear comes up. Its suppose to open first, gear comes up,then closes.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 03:13 PM
TSHobbies
Georgia
Joined Jun 2010
430 Posts
just got off the phone with BH, its a bad sequencer ,which theyre sending me a new one.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 03:16 PM
Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
3,870 Posts
Thats good to hear. I really think that BH is turning themselves around after many years of being labeled as a "bad vendor". I have bought a few planes from them, and had a good experience.

-CC
Cubcrazy is offline Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: GWS Funny Park
Old Dec 14, 2015, 03:28 PM
Find More Posts by brandonmoon
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2009
6,816 Posts
I just got this a moment ago from RC flight deck. Just thought I would pass it along to all my RC friends to FYI. I'll be posting this on my blog page as well

Mandatory registration begins December 21st.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE MESSAGE IF YOU FLY ANY RC AIRCRAFT.
The FAA has announced a registration process for hobbyists who fly RC aircraft. I STRONGLY suggest that EVERYBODY read the FAQ page they have (link at the end) and demonstrate that we modelers are responsible pilots by registering as soon as possible after the website opens on December 21, 2015.

Here are relevant highlights:

1. Registration is free for the first 30 days. You pay 5 bucks online via credit card and they refund it.

2. You only register YOURSELF, get a number and put it somewhere on each of your aircraft.

HERE IS WHAT THE FAA SAYS ABOUT THAT:

A. You will receive a unique registration number that applies to any and all UAS that you own. You must mark all of your UAS with the unique registration number before operating. A registration certificate that contains the unique FAA registration number, the issue and expiration dates, and the name of the certificate holder will be sent to your email address immediately.

B. You will receive a unique registration number, not an N-number, and you must mark the registration number on your UAS by some means that is legible and allows the number to be readily seen. The registration number may be placed in a battery compartment as long as it can be accessed without the use of tools.

C. You may use any method to affix the number, such as permanent marker, label, engraving, or other means, as long as the number is readily accessible and maintained in a condition that is readable and legible upon close visual inspection. If your unmanned aircraft has an easily accessible battery compartment you may affix the number in that compartment.

3. You can continue to operate your RC aircraft as we have done for decades (http://www.faa.gov/uas/faq/#qn2).

HERE IS THE LINK TO REGISTER:

http://www.faa.gov/uas/registration/
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
Old Dec 20, 2015, 09:20 AM
TSHobbies
Georgia
Joined Jun 2010
430 Posts
got the new sequencer from BH yesterday...installed it ..same problem..which led me to think (shouldve thought of this before) did they install the servo backwards? sure enough,all I did was flip the servo around and it works in time like it should.. duh.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 06:58 PM
Find More Posts by buffetbob
United States, FL, Valrico
Joined Nov 2010
244 Posts
HOLD ON! STOP THE PRESSES. LOOKS LIKE AMA IS APPEALING. Check out the AMA site for more details but they're taking the FAA to court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
I just got this a moment ago from RC flight deck. Just thought I would pass it along to all my RC friends to FYI. I'll be posting this on my blog page as well

Mandatory registration begins December 21st.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE MESSAGE IF YOU FLY ANY RC AIRCRAFT.
The FAA has announced a registration process for hobbyists who fly RC aircraft. I STRONGLY suggest that EVERYBODY read the FAQ page they have (link at the end) and demonstrate that we modelers are responsible pilots by registering as soon as possible after the website opens on December 21, 2015.

Here are relevant highlights:

1. Registration is free for the first 30 days. You pay 5 bucks online via credit card and they refund it.

2. You only register YOURSELF, get a number and put it somewhere on each of your aircraft.

HERE IS WHAT THE FAA SAYS ABOUT THAT:

A. You will receive a unique registration number that applies to any and all UAS that you own. You must mark all of your UAS with the unique registration number before operating. A registration certificate that contains the unique FAA registration number, the issue and expiration dates, and the name of the certificate holder will be sent to your email address immediately.

B. You will receive a unique registration number, not an N-number, and you must mark the registration number on your UAS by some means that is legible and allows the number to be readily seen. The registration number may be placed in a battery compartment as long as it can be accessed without the use of tools.

C. You may use any method to affix the number, such as permanent marker, label, engraving, or other means, as long as the number is readily accessible and maintained in a condition that is readable and legible upon close visual inspection. If your unmanned aircraft has an easily accessible battery compartment you may affix the number in that compartment.

3. You can continue to operate your RC aircraft as we have done for decades (http://www.faa.gov/uas/faq/#qn2).

HERE IS THE LINK TO REGISTER:

http://www.faa.gov/uas/registration/
buffetbob is offline Find More Posts by buffetbob
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2015, 09:00 PM
Find More Posts by cherubs 9
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Jan 2013
123 Posts
Nuts!!
cherubs 9 is online now Find More Posts by cherubs 9
Old Jan 06, 2016, 07:36 PM
Find More Posts by J Breyman
United States, OH, Arcadia
Joined Jan 2007
1 Posts
Glad I found this thread lots of great info on LX B-25. Just got mine before Christmas haven't tried any of the electronics crossing my fingers.
J Breyman is offline Find More Posts by J Breyman