New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 27, 2016, 04:58 PM
Find More Posts by mycaptain
United States, MI, Kalamazoo
Joined Jan 2012
619 Posts
AR400 rx question answer

Problem was NOT my AR400 rx. It was my DX4e Radio!

I swapped out my AR400 rx with another one I had and I still had the same problem. I then bound a different DX4e to the plane and bingo, problem went away. I then took her out and flew 2 batteries through her to make sure.

Many thanks to those who wrote with suggestions. Happy fly'n... Capt'n

whirlcap... Thanks for your suggestion on the radio distance from the plane. I had already had tried that. Learned that one on another plane I have to do that with.

Blaze... Really like that cc you got there. I bought a yellow cub for this summer but it's a little bigger in size.
mycaptain is offline Find More Posts by mycaptain
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2016, 05:04 PM
Find More Posts by Blaze0021
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2015
2,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycaptain View Post
Problem was NOT my AR400 rx. It was my DX4e Radio!

I swapped out my AR400 rx with another one I had and I still had the same problem. I then bound a different DX4e to the plane and bingo, problem went away. I then took her out and flew 2 batteries through her to make sure.

Many thanks to those who wrote with suggestions. Happy fly'n... Capt'n

whirlcap... Thanks for your suggestion on the radio distance from the plane. I had already had tried that. Learned that one on another plane I have to do that with.

Blaze... Really like that cc you got there. I bought a yellow cub for this summer but it's a little bigger in size.
Thanks Captain! It's the new UMX J-3 Cub . Great 2S flyer.

Glad to hear that your issues went away!
Blaze0021 is online now Find More Posts by Blaze0021
Old Jan 27, 2016, 07:18 PM
Find More Posts by dalecheek1
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
3,807 Posts
QQ Extra 300
QQ EXTRA 300 Low an Slow (3 min 10 sec)
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Last edited by dalecheek1; Jan 28, 2016 at 01:55 AM.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 01:52 AM
Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
4,445 Posts
Super sweet Dale! I'd post that to if I could fly like that. Well done
Bluhammer is online now Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Jan 29, 2016, 01:09 PM
Find More Posts by Blaze0021
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2015
2,582 Posts
Eflite UMX J-3 Cub (2S BL) 3000KV - Custom Dubro 2" Tundra Tires Flight Demo

Here is the touch and go, take-off and landings flight demo of my UMX J-3 Cub (2S BL) 3000KV using my custom Dubro 2" Tundra Tires.

Eflite UMX J-3 Cub (2S BL) 3000KV - Custom Dubro 2" Tundra Tires Flight (6 min 6 sec)

The process to make your own custom Dubro Tundra Tires set is as follows:

I gently pried off the Foam from a set of these Dubro 2" Super Lite Wheels: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAZE3

The Foam is a PITA to remove and requires patience as well as a blunt nose pair of pliers as you grip the edge of the Hub and pull.. and pull your way around. The Foam will eventually give, but will not tear.

Then I took the Hubs from these Wheels: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBNB8

I spray painted these Hubs a metallic black, then added the lug nut details and finally press-fitted them directly on the Dubro 2" Super Lite Foam. They are a direct fit (not loose or wobbly) and will not come off. The Hubs are also a direct Landing Gear Fit which makes installation very simple.

"How did you make your Tundra Tires?" is the question I get asked most often with regards to my UMX J-3 Cub (2S BL), Hobbyzone Sport Cub S (2S Brushless) "Icarus", as well as my Hobbyzone (2S Brushless) Champ Crophopper. These custom Dubro Tundras have proven themselves time and time again to be extremely durable and reliable, providing shock absorbing qualities and enhanced ground handling over rough terrain, as well as providing a more rugged look.

OTHER PLANES IN MY FLEET USING THE CUSTOM 2" DUBRO TIRES:

Hobbyzone Sport Cub S (2S Brushless) "Icarus" with custom 2" Dubro Tundra Tires:
Hobbyzone Sport Cub S (2S Brushless) - Yak/Pitts Prop 3000KV Flight (6 min 56 sec)

Hobbyzone (2S Brushless w/Ailerons) Champ Crophopper with custom 1.75" Dubro Tundra Tires:
Hobbyzone "Champ Crophopper" (2S Brushless w/ Ailerons) - Music Video (3 min 3 sec)

UMX J-3 CUB (2S BL) MODIFICATIONS / UPGRADES
Motor: Eflite 180BL 3000KV Motor
Prop Adapter: Small Parts CNC Aluminum UMX Prop Adapter
Lighting: UMX Carbon Cub SS Navigation Lights
Wheels: Custom 2" Dubro Tundra Tires

Transmitter: Spektrum DX6
Battery: Eflite 2S 280mAh 30C
Timer: 5 Minutes
Battery Discharge: 7.66 Volts out of 8.40 Volts

Control Rates: 100%
Expo: None
Aileron Control Rod Adjustment - One Hole In from Stock
Elevator Control Rod Adjustment - One Hole In from Stock
Rudder Control Rod Adjustment - No Adjustment from Stock

Camera: iPhone 6 at 1080P / 60 FPS
Headmount: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._detailpages00

Thanks for watching and if you haven't already please click the Thumbs Up and Subscribe!
Blaze0021 is online now Find More Posts by Blaze0021
Old Today, 04:19 PM
Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
4,445 Posts
Is that crickets I hear chirping?
Bluhammer is online now Find More Posts by Bluhammer