New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2016, 02:54 AM
Find More Posts by hallo
incorrigible model maker
Norway
Joined Feb 2014
1,193 Posts
Where I come from that is called "links" - it means it is made as a left hand rifle; left hand on the trigger and bolt action, right hand holding the rifle at its forward grip.

On a hand gun it would be opposite; holding the gun with your left hand and with you left finger at the trigger (links), but you reload and support with your right hand.

I am right handed; I hold the airpistol/handgun with my right hand and with my right finger at the trigger, I use my left hand to support and re-load.
hallo is online now Find More Posts by hallo
Last edited by hallo; Jan 25, 2016 at 03:03 AM.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 07:39 AM
Find More Posts by Punkie
Love & a Molotov cocktail
on a boat on the river cam
Joined Jan 2005
713 Posts
I understand what you are saying, the Brocock cocks on the right, the FX Ranchero you can move to either side, the Hatsan I think is on the left.

The CP-1 cocks on the right, the CP-1M I have seen either, but, they are not sold as left or right hand models, people on the forums are saying they started as being on the right, but later stock was produced with the bolt on the left.
You get what they have in the shop.

They are cheap, if you want better, you have to pay, I suggest you send Silesia an email and ask them to check their stock and see if they have any different to the one they sent you, I have heard they are pretty good on communication.

The shop may say Factory, but the guns are made in China, so it is fairly obvious they are just a dealer.

Good luck, I get on fine with the bolt on the right and I am right handed, they are target pistols, not quick fire pistols, you want quick fire get a BB gun, remember CO2 does not like quick fire, it cools and the pressure drops, then your accuracy goes out of the window.

My advice is that if you get no joy from Silesia, you put up with it for now, save your money, until you can afford a Hatsan, or FX, or save up a lot more and get a Steyr LP50, where you have to grip both sides of the slide.
Punkie is offline Find More Posts by Punkie
Old Jan 25, 2016, 08:40 AM
Find More Posts by hallo
incorrigible model maker
Norway
Joined Feb 2014
1,193 Posts
If I ordered a right hand rifle I would not accept getting a left handed one - at any cost, it's that simple.

No problem, the air-pistol is being sent in return and I am promised my money back.
hallo is online now Find More Posts by hallo