Find More Posts by Landin
Snus
Sweden, Jonkoping County, Jönköping
Joined Jul 2014
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbro3760 View Post
any instructions how?
Just put your PPM in to the slot where it says "AR" on the 5v side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArguZ View Post
Hi guys,

I just came back from my Arkbird maiden and just wanted to share it was quite a success.
The unit sits in a HK Discover , i figured out most of the wiring despite the chenglish manual and the RTH function works like a charm.
I had the bird tuned and flown before, so no surprises here.
Still, there are some questions and i wonder if you got some answers without me reading 200 pages.

1. Can i adjust the amount of gyro gain somehow ?
I tuned down the values to 50% each, my Delta mixing works, just the gyro seems harsh compared to the Cortex I was using before.

Yes. There is a option in the menu saying SET CTL PARAMETERS, in that menu you can lower the %. My FX-61 wing and my friends Skywalker is set to run on 70% and flies great.

2. How does the fence work ? I could not set a Fence mode and under no settings the bird seemed to change its course.

Did you program your arkbird to run the fencemode on the "Flightmode switch"?

3. The gyro mode - is that some softer balancing mode..i am looking for something that helps flying around, not locking it in.

Well, im not using the gyromode, If im ever to start flying 3D, I will use it =)

4. Wiring - i disconnected the POW lead from the power sensor (+) and are using a 3S battery to feed the Arkbird, the Video TX and from there the GoPro with 5V.
All good, it still seems to recognize both the flight power consumption and the video power consumption. Also i am getting a mixed voltage reading, slightly higher than the battery feeding it.
Do i need to disconnect the ESC positive lead too or is that used only for the Servos ?

Dont think its for the servos, if you dont have your ESC connected at all, I think everything still works. There´s still a cable from the powersensor to the arkbird feeding it with 12v.

And then this thing :
http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/i...8305213_04.jpg
Do i need that in case i wanna get rid of the second battery ?
My Bird flies on 4S 4500 and it would be very convenient, also the video TX consumes 1A which leaves me with around 500 mAh per flight.

Yes! If you want to fly with 4-6s you need that part.
Landin is online now Find More Posts by Landin
to remove ads between posts